Website video is giving me a headache

zitsky

I went to change my password. And saw the (new) website.

i get it.  It’s cute.  It’s fun.  It’s energetic.  But it gives me a headache with the zoom zoom fast changing video every two seconds.  Am I just too old?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

i get it.  It’s cute.  It’s fun.  It’s energetic.  But it gives me a headache with the zoom zoom fast changing video every two seconds.  Am I just too old?

Yes, we are "too old" and totally removed from the demographic that Celebrity is trying to attract. The ZOOM, ZOOM, ZOOM on the homepage is truly awful - makes me dizzy.🤢 UGH!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zitsky said:

Very distracting and most annoying!

• Like 1

but a valid point.....wonder if it was health checked before release because I am sure it will give people with sensitivity issues some problems because of the Zoom effect and I'm sure strobe lighting has also been used

• Like 1

Never noticed the main page as I am on it for if anything 2 secs.  either going to my account for future cruises or just doing some research on cruises I was thinking of.  I stopped and looked this time but its a waste of time to be on the main page as there is nothing there and wont make that mistake again, Click find a cruise or scroll down where the info I need is or just go to my account.   

I took a look..It does  seem quite amateurish and  very unsteady.

I don't think it will garner NEW  cruisers if that' s the best they have. Not even Close!

Posted (edited)

It got your attention, enough said..once you scroll down, the video is gone from sight.

A BC powder may help your condition…

See what I did there? 

Edited by PTC DAWG

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

I took a look..It does  seem quite amateurish and  very unsteady.

Amateurish and unsteady—- sound like the app!

Once again, celebrity’s communication with customers leaves a lot to be desired🤪

52 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Never noticed the main page as I am on it for if anything 2 secs.

This is normal user behaviour on websites which is probably why the video is there as they aren't expecting people to sit and look at the second for a long time.

Never noticed it.

I had to go to the website to see what this thread was referring to.

Sometimes when there is too much it is like you can’t see the forest for the trees.  

Happy cruising  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

1 hour ago, Lena11033 said:

This is normal user behaviour on websites which is probably why the video is there as they aren't expecting people to sit and look at the second for a long time.

But it seems some here must want to sit on the main page and get headaches from watching it. 

• Haha 6

I had to go to the website to see what the fuss was about too. I thought perhaps the page was limited to just the video. But nope; I was able to scroll or click right past it. So I'm not sure why anyone would stay with it if it bothered them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mom says said:

I had to go to the website to see what the fuss was about too. I thought perhaps the page was limited to just the video. But nope; I was able to scroll or click right past it. So I'm not sure why anyone would stay with it if it bothered them. 

Seems just to be more much ado about nothing.  

1 hour ago, Liao said:

Seems just to be more much ado about nothing.  

I think not giving people migraines is a good thing.  It was designed for people with short attention spans.  This is like listening to commercials on the radio that change every 15 seconds.

I’m going to update my profile pic since some of you seem to like the website.

9 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

It looks fine to me--but then again I am wearing a motion sickness ear patch.

So they WANT us to feel like we’re on the ship?  You could have warned us a little sooner…..

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So they WANT us to feel like we’re on the ship?  You could have warned us a little sooner…..

There is a FEEDBACK button on the right side of X's homepage. Have you left your feedback?

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

7 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

There is a FEEDBACK button on the right side of X's homepage. Have you left your feedback?

How do I leave feedback now that I’m blind from staring at the sun?  This is all part of their plan to attract all those hip, edgy young people who will take up all the space in MY hot tub.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, zitsky said:

How do I leave feedback now that I’m blind from staring at the sun?  This is all part of their plan to attract all those hip, edgy young people who will take up all the space in MY hot tub.

How can you leave feedback? Perhaps the same way you've managed to read and reply to these posts? Or get your grandkids to do it for you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Watched for a few seconds.  Then closed the page.  Problem solved.

You folks must be the ones who like seeing commercials in the middle of watching Casablanca.