Diamond Club

It's been a few years since we sailed on Royal.  We are Diamond Plus so I know that gets us access to the Diamond Club.  Wondering if the drinks you can get there count against the 5 free ones you get with D+.  Also what hours are the drinks available now?

4 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Wondering if the drinks you can get there count against the 5 free ones you get with D+.  Also what hours are the drinks available now?

Yes, all drinks use up vouchers regardless of where you are, including the Crown Lounge. Hours vary by ship. 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

It's been a few years since we sailed on Royal.  We are Diamond Plus so I know that gets us access to the Diamond Club.  Wondering if the drinks you can get there count against the 5 free ones you get with D+.  Also what hours are the drinks available now?

As @Biker19 indicated as D+ you are provided 5 vouchers on your SeaPass card that can be used during a 24 hour period at any bar (except Bionic Bar), including the Crown Lounge (ex-Diamond Club).  They are automatically refreshed on your SeaPass card daily.  Any unused vouchers during that 24 hours are lost and not carried over to the next day.  Unused vouchers can be used prior to the next day for any unopened canned or bottled beverage which can be taken back to your room for another day.

BTW you always had access to the Diamond Club as Diamond.  The only time that was not the case was if they were overcrowded, at which point they typically opened up another venue to accommodate the overflow.  It was as a result of this that the vouchers were initiated. The current Crown Lounge typically hours are 5:00 - 8:30 for cocktail service and canapes.  The Concierge typically has hours there from 11:00 - 1, and during the cocktail hours.  The Crown Lounge is open anytime for self service coffees and typically pastries in the morning.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The Concierge typically has hours there from 11:00 - 1, and during the cocktail hours.  The Crown Lounge is open anytime for self service coffees and typically pastries in the morning.

Odd hours. Mostly I've seen hours in the morning and happy hour, never those hours. What ship had these hours from 11 to 1?

I usually do attend happy hour hours once per cruise just to check things out and try the snacks. It's hit or miss but usually still pretty well attended so it can be hard to find a seat. Very skippable now with the vouchers which are great. Tell your server if you don't want to use a voucher if you are getting a coke or special coffee so they don't accidentally get used. Also be careful with whose card is being used if you are a couple. It could leave one partner short if you go do your own thing later in the evening. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Odd hours. Mostly I've seen hours in the morning and happy hour, never those hours. What ship had these hours from 11 to 1?

Sorry - meant morning hours until 11:00.  My error.  Good catch.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The current Crown Lounge typically hours are 5:00 - 8:30 for cocktail service and canapes.  

Check the daily compass if listed.  On recent Easter sail the Crown L. hours were from 4:30-7:30. Attendance was sparse, and the coffee machine was mostly on the fritz the entire sail.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Check the daily compass if listed.  On recent Easter sail the Crown L. hours were from 4:30-7:30. Attendance was sparse, and the coffee machine was mostly on the fritz the entire sail.

The evening CL HH hours are always listed in the CAS welcome back flier that list all CAS perks/benefits for your tier level for that specific cruise. 

Edited by doghog

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I indicated typically, which I probably should have qualified as has mostly been the case in our experience, but agree completely that they can - and do - vary. Although I thought, and very well could be incorrect, that they were trying to standardize that? Either way @doghog is correct with where that can be confirmed on any given ship.

18 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Haven't been on a RCCL ship in a couple of years. Do they load your card day of embarkation?  I thought I read they changed something up with the drinks.

The 5 drinks are also available on disembarkation day. Some people are going to jump on me and say no they aren’t but i just did a s2s and both cruises i have Bloody Mary and 9 cans of soda or water

6 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

The 5 drinks are also available on disembarkation day. Some people are going to jump on me and say no they aren’t but i just did a s2s and both cruises i have Bloody Mary and 9 cans of soda or water

What ship were you on? The last two ships I have cruised on, Allure and Explorer, did not have free Diamond Plus drinks available on the morning of debarkation. From my experience and what I have heard from others, this apparently varies widely from ship to ship and sometimes from cruise to cruise. 

10 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

Some people are going to jump on me and say no they aren’t but i just did a s2s and both cruises i have Bloody Mary and 9 cans of soda or water

That varies by ship.

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What ship were you on? The last two ships I have cruised on, Allure and Explorer, did not have free Diamond Plus drinks available on the morning of debarkation. From my experience and what I have heard from others, this apparently varies widely from ship to ship and sometimes from cruise to cruise. 

We were on the allure april8-12 and adventure 12-20. Both times used 10 diamond plus drinks on disembarkation