The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday April 29th, 2024

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Its mid afternoon, and today did not go well.  Hoping to get DH off all the meds, and have a nerve block.  Doc wouldnt do it, said he was scared that inserting a needle would push more cancer closer to the brain. Or cause bleeding near the brain.  So we have to figure out something else. He did mention meditation, mindfulness and that DH could get free acupuncture through Windship, as long as one of his docs were with Winship.  And while we were in that appointment, another one of his dics office's called and told him the doc wanted to see him, we went over there (to Winsdhip) she was not available and wont be until June, so what is he supposed to do with the hole that has now appeared in his face and goes through his cheek?  Any way, once the front desk saw him, and the tape that he has to wear so he can swallow, they called, and he has an appointment tomorrow .  And then the very early one on Wednesday. with the cancer dermatologist.  At this point Mose surgery is not an option, and the cancer seems to be inside his nose.

Long day, work tonight, long day tomorrow, work tomorrow night, long day on Wednesday, work Wednesday night....Please keep CHuck in your prayers as he has run out of options at this point, besides the immunotherapy which does nothing for the pain.

Annie I'm so sorry to hear about Chuck.

Sending healing prayers for him.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Annie @marshhawk I'm so sorry to hear your news.  Praying for Chuck and for you.

I got the latest update about Amber a few minutes ago -- a big step forward -- she was moved from ICU to the PT floor yesterday!  She's continuing to show slight movement on her left side too.  The swelling continues, giving her headaches and in turn raising her blood pressure again.  So they're working on that.  But all in all, steps forward. 🙂  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8

Good afternoon after a longer than expected afternoon.  Nothing note worthy, but just time consuming.  Still the yard is mowed and the rest of the weed killer is sprayed.  Also, the a/c and furnace are checked, cleaned and tuned up.  The other change in plans is fajitas for dinner instead of steak.  At least, is was a warm sunny afternoon, and a nice day to be outside.

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

A quick hello this (late) morning.

Good selection of days, but I'll pass on the meal and drink.  Not sure about the SB, but I'd certainly try it!  Have not been to Japan.

I think I'll head out and get some more annuals....I know, it's a sickness...😂  The sun is actually shining but for how long?

Hoping to hear something from Guest Services soon about the bad video we bought on the Grand Australia.  Very disappointing to get it home and find out it doesn't work. 😞 

Prayers for all on the Care List and cheers for all who are celebrating! 

Carolyn, I hope they can get a replacement video for you.

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good Hot 89 feels like 96 afternoon.

I think I posted this last fall in the can’t make this up category.

Wally the “emotional support “ alligator whose owner tried to take him to a Phillies game and was denied entry, decided to take him on vacation. He took him to Brunswick Georgia where he was last seen on April 21st. He did not file a police report because he did not have a permit for him to visit there. 
Have a good afternoon everyone.

I believe you especially since I saw the story on a news feed.

4 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good afternoon all. Just a short check in. It is cloudy today and a bit on the chilly side.

I am still trying to recover from the bout of whatever that was.... feeling on the tired side, and a bit wobbly at times. We are starting to clear out my friend's condo and since there were books of mine over there, those had to start to move. I am not sure what I will do with them.... sorting will take some time. But in order to make room for them I started to clear space in my storage shed. My next door neighbor, Connie heard me, came over and had me sit while she moved stuff and sorted it into piles for disposal at my direction. She has now taken my car and is headed to the thrift store with the first load. I owe her big time!!!!! But the project is now started. I am not the only one to report having this bug... they say it lasts about 2 days but results in about a week of feeling punk afterward. I will so testify.

So, probably back to bed for awhile, under the observation and care of the dogs. They are sticking very close to me.

Susan

Bandit and Monty (we worry about Mom and she is slow to feed us)

Susan, I hope you feel better soon.  Dogs are good nurses, especially when they want the meal schedule back to normal.  😉  It was very nice of your neighbor to help you with your storage unit and to take things to the thrift story.

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Its mid afternoon, and today did not go well.  Hoping to get DH off all the meds, and have a nerve block.  Doc wouldnt do it, said he was scared that inserting a needle would push more cancer closer to the brain. Or cause bleeding near the brain.  So we have to figure out something else. He did mention meditation, mindfulness and that DH could get free acupuncture through Windship, as long as one of his docs were with Winship.  And while we were in that appointment, another one of his dics office's called and told him the doc wanted to see him, we went over there (to Winsdhip) she was not available and wont be until June, so what is he supposed to do with the hole that has now appeared in his face and goes through his cheek?  Any way, once the front desk saw him, and the tape that he has to wear so he can swallow, they called, and he has an appointment tomorrow .  And then the very early one on Wednesday. with the cancer dermatologist.  At this point Mose surgery is not an option, and the cancer seems to be inside his nose.

Long day, work tonight, long day tomorrow, work tomorrow night, long day on Wednesday, work Wednesday night....Please keep CHuck in your prayers as he has run out of options at this point, besides the immunotherapy which does nothing for the pain.

Annie, this is one of those times when words seem so very inadequate.  I'm sorry the pain clinic could not help Chuck and now the problem with the hole in his cheek.  I'm glad he could get an appointment for tomorrow.  I hope the doctor and the cancer dermatologist can find a way to help him.  In the meantime, positive thoughts and big virtual hugs heading to both of you.

3 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

@marshhawk Annie,  prayers for Chuck.  I am so glad that they could get him in tomorrow although he sounds to have a terrible situation.   ❤️‍🩹

Prayers for all the families involved in the tornadoes in the midwest.   I was watching all the scary videos coming through on Facebook all evening.  

All went well with my doctor appointment.  My Enbrel refills sent to Walgreen's in Iron Mountain for summer.  My sharp back pain on turning is sacro-ilieac and not sciatica.   I can get a shot in the area if it continues.  I know from past injections that the cortisone injections can last a long time with good pain relief.  Blood chemistry all normal, CBC continues to be wacky but one number is low,  RBC, but CV and one other are high which I think compensates for low red blood cells.   Never seems to bother him.   

We really didn't get any rain to speak of which is fine with me, we have had quite a bit already.  Nancy 

Nancy, I'm glad your appointment went well.  Steroid shots helped DH for many years.

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon, 

It's a cloudy/sunny/windy day - typical for the Pacific Northwest! I'm finally home. Today was two water aerobics classes and then I did the banking since tomorrow is payday and I'm within minutes of the bank. That saves a trip to town tomorrow which takes about 25 minutes. 

I got home and my wonderful DS had been here. My new office chair was put together, he'd filled the hummingbird feeders and brought in a package that came in the mail. I missed seeing him and having a visit but it's ok. He's gone back to school this quarter (first time) and told me today he has 1035 in his Communication Class! As an adult ADHD with a tendency to not be focused and organized he's learning time management and how to make things work. Yay!!! 

Now to put the new chair in place and I want to get some cleaning done in my craft room - particularly my desk as I know there's an Amazon gift card on there somewhere!

Karen

Karen, I know you are proud of your DS for going back to school and doing well.

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

💔💔💔 According to news reports, 3 police officers have died in the line of duty in Charlotte NC this afternoon. Prayers for their families and fellow officers. 

Our condolences to the families of the three police officers, the other members of the police force and the officers' friends.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Annie @marshhawk I'm so sorry to hear your news.  Praying for Chuck and for you.

I got the latest update about Amber a few minutes ago -- a big step forward -- she was moved from ICU to the PT floor yesterday!  She's continuing to show slight movement on her left side too.  The swelling continues, giving her headaches and in turn raising her blood pressure again.  So they're working on that.  But all in all, steps forward. 🙂  

Carolyn, thanks for the update about Amber, which is mostly good news.  I hope the doctors can control the swelling and high BP.  Positive thoughts for her recovery.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Tina, Ann, and Dixie,

I like all the days today and I think the quote.

I have not been to Kochi.

It was great when the wall came down.  I visited Berlin in 2005 and one thing I remember is being on a subway line that passed from one zone to the other and back and some stations being sealed off.

I’ll pass on the meal. My alternative is Orange and Avacado Salad, New York Strip Steak, and Cherry Crisp.

dishes29.jpg

A brutally hot day today, hotter than most of Texas and Florida.

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Annie @marshhawk I'm so sorry to hear of Chuck's problems with getting pain relief and the hole in the cheek.  I do hope they can come up with something to assist him tomorrow.  Hugs to you both!🙏

@1ANGELCAT I had heard about the shootings in Charlotte late this afternoon.  Three U.S. Marshalls killed and about 5 other officers wounded, one very seriously.  Something awful must have gone wrong for a tragedy of this magnitude to happen.  Prayers for them and their families.🙏

Georgia sure doesn't need a runaway alligator, emotional or otherwise, on the loose.  Thankfully Brunswick is far from me. 😮

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Booked our Japan cruise Sept 1st. Got a fully accessible cabin 5001, signature suite. I'm very excited to see Japan. 

Congrats - that's awesome!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Booked our Japan cruise Sept 1st. Got a fully accessible cabin 5001, signature suite. I'm very excited to see Japan. 

🌺Aloha sis!!

I am so happy for Allen and you! I was worried about the accessible cabins and you will love the signature suite and so much room for Allen and having the bathroom will be great!

Have a beautiful trip for your birthday sis!

Love to you and Allen! Give a hug to Oliver!

🌺Mahalo

sis

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Rough day at eye doctor. Things have gone sideways.  The new drainage incision sealed, no flow. Long story short and hours upon hours, a phone call while we were heading home to get us back to the office…. , he “cut” one suture (burned it with a laser) but then had to apply pushing pressure several times to get it opened. Eye Pressure dropped but is up again tonight. (We measure at home) We have drops to use every 2 hrs to reduce inflammation and scarring plus pressure massages to push fluid through. Trying to keep the new drain open. There’s hope until there isn’t. I’m praying for Amazing!! 

Tomorrow we need to be out by 7 to get through the rush hr traffic to the start of sister-in-law services. It’ll be a long day. Brother from NC arrived safely. 

I’m  sorry Annie!  One day at a time. 

I’m trying to stay grounded in gratitude. Good night all. m—

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

38 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Rough day at eye doctor. Things have gone sideways.  The new drainage incision sealed, no flow. Long story short and hours upon hours, a phone call while we were heading home to get us back to the office…. , he “cut” one suture (burned it with a laser) but then had to apply pushing pressure several times to get it opened. Eye Pressure dropped but is up again tonight. (We measure at home) We have drops to use every 2 hrs to reduce inflammation and scarring plus pressure massages to push fluid through. Trying to keep the new drain open. There’s hope until there isn’t. I’m praying for Amazing!! 

Tomorrow we need to be out by 7 to get through the rush hr traffic to the start of sister-in-law services. It’ll be a long day. Brother from NC arrived safely. 

I’m  sorry Annie!  One day at a time. 

I’m trying to stay grounded in gratitude. Good night all. m—

Maureen, I'm sorry there were complications from the Richard’s eye surgery.  I hooe the fix works.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Just getting around to reading this these evening. I am so sorry to hear this news. Sounds like a terrible day all round. Prayers are on the way.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, dfish said:

@marshhawk Annie, my heart goes out to you and Chuck.  Holding you close.

@superoma Eva, my friend the gardener thinks your flower is a Wallflower.

Thank your friend please. My DH is sure it came in a package of mixed flower seeds we sowed. I do like it and hope it seeds itself out some more.

• Like 9

We had an amazing cruise for the solar eclipse but sure haven't been able to get back in the groove since we came home. And now we're packing up again to spend a couple of weeks in Colorado at DD's new home (with plenty of projects to help with there).  @RedneckBobLast week at Seattle's Woodland Park zoo, a mother duck with ducklings were paddling around the pond in the bear enclosure. Well, you can probably guess the outcome. And lots of upset little kids on the other side of the glass. @superomaI also vote for wallflower. Mine came back for many years. And they have a very nice scent. The stalks did become somewhat big and woody.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Fantastic news Joy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, marshhawk said:

You and Chuck are in our prayers, Annie.   Cancer is brutal and there’s just no denying it. Stay strong and carry on.  God has a plan.

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We have just completed our circle of Japan and are headed across the Pacific.  I’m really excited for you for a couple of reasons.  One is that Japan is just very special.  Second is that we’ve been all over the place and while we’ve seen crazy beautiful cherry blossoms, it’s been surprising how so many other trees and plants haven’t even budded out yet, this late in spring. The hills are covered in trees that still look like winter.  They must have a really short growing season and crazy beautiful autumn colors.  I would LOVE to see the fall colors.   Seriously thinking of coming back.

Be aware that we’re spoiled by ADA in the US.   It’s hard accessing a lot of the tourist attractions in Japan — many steep stairs.  But honestly it’s the beauty of the natural world that is most enchanting in Japan.   You guys are in for a real treat.   ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

• LauraS locked this topic