The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday May 23rd, 2024

Good afternoon all!

Happy birthday to @smitty34877’s Tana!!

The boys are having a wonderful time here at Great Wolf Lodge. Lots of water time and that’s what those two water bugs love. 

DH and I are patting ourselves on the back for booking a cabana where we can relax and the boys have a place to come rest and eat. 

No resting yet, though!

I was pleased with my labs yesterday except for the A1C. Everything else improved, even my kidney function. But the fact that I didn’t get as much exercise on the cruise as I do at home (heat and humidity in Australia, South Pacific etc) and it showed. So back to the regimen!

Our room the Wolf Den

IMG_4491.thumb.jpeg.c632bc44636739cad67102479d1d0caf.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon everyone.

Late to the party today - back to back appointments.  And more tomorrow.  And every time it seems something gets done I hit another roadblock and have to fight/put my foot down and be firm.  ‘Sigh’. Foot is not happy with it all but there’s not much I can do about it.  It all has to be dealt with and there’s only one of us.

@smitty34877 a very happy birthday to Tana.  

@superoma beautiful flowers!

@ger_77 so happy to hear tha Maurice’s surgery went well.  Thank God.

@dfish a what is wrong with people?  Sad for River’s party 😞. Thank heavens she has you and Sue.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

7 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is going to be a beautiful sunshiny day here with temps in the mid 70's.  Sue was supposed to take River to her great grandmother's for the weekend, but River's father threw a fit and said he wouldn't come to the birthday party for the great grandmother if Sue and River were there, so they got uninvited.  Can't figure out what is wrong with some people, but Sue and River are better off without them, I guess.  The great grandma is very upset with them all over this.  

Yoga today!  I bought myself a new yoga mat so I don't have to use a communal one.  Little things can be so uplifting.

Happy Birthday to @smitty34877's Tana!  I hope Tana has a wonderful day!

HappyBirthday3.jpg.bb3175141878bf0a09a84929c36e0cac.jpg

Today's dinner sounds great to me!   I'd just leave out the rice and sub in riced cauliflower.  Easy Beef and Broccoli

Brocolimushroomandbeefstirfry1.thumb.jpg.d5a539a119a2b49817808f42e8339122.jpg

If you use the flank steak in this next recipe, be sure to slice it very thinly.  It can be pretty tough if you don't.  I always marinate a flank steak to help tenderize it.   Beef and Broccoli 2

broccolimushroomandbeefstirfry2.jpg.5c8c00d5cc84b021afb12f68487245a4.jpg

This last recipe doesn't have the heat that the second one does.  It also doesn't call for mushrooms, but they are easily added in.  I'm leaning towards this recipe.  Beef and Broccoli 3

broccolimushroomandbeefstirfry3.thumb.jpg.9bdb8953aafb4713cdaf2367d817d80a.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Beef and broccoli in the last photo looks absolutely delicious 😋 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Nothing like a dinner with a view at sea even looking thru a salty glass window.

Goodnight to all. Will we get our second green flash this cruise?

image.thumb.jpeg.f35dbf3edcbf3faad5b12c7c3c66ec28.jpeg

Bruce, I hope you have a green flash. I thought I saw one on a Caribbean cruise but it was a new concept for me so I’m still not sure. Also, I really enjoyed your pictures and description from your winery tour. That’s something I would really enjoy. 

54 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good afternoon all!

The boys are having a wonderful time here at Great Wolf Lodge. Lots of water time and that’s what those two water bugs love. 

DH and I are patting ourselves on the back for booking a cabana where we can relax and the boys have a place to come rest and eat. 

No resting yet, though!

I was pleased with my labs yesterday except for the A1C. Everything else improved, even my kidney function. But the fact that I didn’t get as much exercise on the cruise as I do at home (heat and humidity in Australia, South Pacific etc) and it showed. So back to the regimen!

Our room the Wolf Den

Carolyn, what a great room. I’ve never been to a Great Wolf Lodge. I think it’s wonderful that they have so many kid friendly areas and things to do, kids and adults. 

• Like 18

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon from an interesting day weather wise and other wise.  Just after 9am the skies got very dark and the wind picked up along with rain.  We were under a wind advisory with predicted gusts up to 50 mph until 11:30.  The wind was high enough to blow some empty storage drawers onto the floor in the port and to move the satellite antenna enough that we lost the signal.  After the wind died, I took the broom out and using the handle moved the antenna back in place.

As if that wasn't enough, there was an "oh fudge" moment just after I started the drier.  I noticed lint on the floor and checked behind the drier..  Sure enough the vent hose had come off the connection to the outside vent.  We moved the drier out some, then I moved the washer at an angle followed by the drier, which gave me enough room to squeeze behind the drier.  First, got the lint vacuumed up, and then, as I was ready to put the vacuum up, the bottom of the dust cannister popped open.  Once I the lint was vacuumed again, I got the hose back in place and the hose clamp tightened down very tight.  It was fun getting the drier back in place and keeping the vent hose from kinking while we pushed the drier back.  After being married to an engineer for almost 57 years, I came up with a novel solution.  We have a very long extension cord, which I put under the middle of the hose, and with the cord plugged into itself, we used it to lift the hose while we pushed the drier back in place.  The end result is the hose is not as kinked as before and the drier is working better.  I'm just glad I hadn't vacuumed and mopped that area earlier.

And people think homebodies don't have interesting lives.  😁

It is getting dark again, and there is lightning and thunder.  We've had rain on and off, and it is pouring again  Our yard is saturated.  There will be a break after 5pm and more rain about 8 pm.  I think it's a good night to reheat the leftover chili and make some cornbread.  I just wish I could have some wine with it, but was advised to wait several days after the dental surgery.  😒

8 hours ago, superoma said:

Good morning all. Pictures of my sweet William and my Iceland poppies. And pansies in the bed with the sweet William. I love pansies. They look like such a happy flower.

have a good day everyone

IMG_0412.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

Eva, love the flowers.  I could get flowers to go in The Woodlands, but not as much here.  Thank you for sharing your flowers.

7 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good afternoon from the North Atlantic. Tomorrow we’ll be passing through the Gibraltar Straits. Captains noon hour report stated that we have now sailed 34,800 miles and our present sea conditions are running around 10-12’ waves and temperature around 68F.

We really enjoyed our visit in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria yesterday. After viewing the huge caldera from the volcano that took place 2,000 years ago we visited a small mom and pop winery. They produce around 5,000 bottles a year but also produce olives, oranges, bananas, mangos and coffee. All in a beautiful flowered botanical setting. We tasted some very good wines along with freshly wood oven baked bread, homemade marmalade, red pepper sauce cheese and olives.

Just a very special and momentous event.

Rocking along on our first of three sea days.

Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.ea36e26642598b82d7f9dccbe1581d30.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2e35c232bf7b561baf7db5f14d6d3a59.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3cfc25feb4cfa2bcb3f8c45f4c802f96.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.035f21b99efcde0a8c9fedec01da1239.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9cc051681b61b44b1642bcf756b450e5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9b326c97d936212f75a9a937fbb0f8b1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f299d0d679af04d83044297cd70b02cc.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4c97286b13de313a59e57d42a8da0a36.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.312424b1e0774cf3ea9ee7cec81e0fee.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1d4f8d7167790ecbf47a005483ed3ee1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fa9d382895f186f27f82bc41748520f1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ab8409071fb1413ab0d1959275ae2bd2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.13742d7cd5fc7d86c0aca4e72d9c07d4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1d94fcb655679be62d937ffcb073088a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b4850a48e55fe47b90d2e356456dcdb9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6c2d881817fc20a0f43c006765530bb5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6b4941746540ec5675328ddd30ebdcc2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b8fe177a27038b4334e6ebd261e4ddf7.jpeg

Bruce, thanks for the pictures from your tour.

7 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  A best friend in law is becoming best friends with your friend's best friend.  Sort of like becoming your own grandpaw.  LOL  Like many of you, I have too many fillings/crowns to be tempted with taffy.  Turtles are the only reptiles I don't hate - I do love watching nature shows when the little ones make their way from the nests to the ocean for the first time.

To begin with, thank you all for your well wishes, prayers, and thoughts for Maurice's surgery yesterday.  The internet was spotty in the cardiac short stay area, so I couldn't get online and read yesterday's FR&D.  Once finished with this post, I will go back and read it.  DH's surgery went well; after a rather sleepless night (always wondering if the alarm would really go off!) we arrived at 6:30 to admitting and he was taken to the OR at 9.  He was back in the room by 11:30 and spent the rest of the day attended to by the most amazing nurses.  The doctor came by around 6:45 and said the surgery went "wonderfully" and after checking his echo-cardiogram (which he said looked really nice), said DH could go home.  By the time we got the discharge papers, etc., we wobbled into the house around 8:30.  Neither of us was really hungry (they fed DH at the hospital); all I wanted was a bowl of cereal and we were in bed by 9.  I don't remember my head even hitting the pillow; I think I went straight from conscious to coma.

This morning we have to back to the hospital for a follow-up blood test and ECG, and hopefully that will be it.  Something I didn't know, is that DH can't have any dental work done for the next 6 months, and when he does, he has to take antibiotics for 7 days - even for a cleaning!  Interesting.

@smitty34877please wish Tana a very Happy Birthday from her Canadian friends.  I hope she's buoyed by all the well wishes for her special day.

I'm going to take a pass on the drink of the day, will let others enjoy the white wine, but I do like the menu suggestion.  DH's sister messaged me at the hospital last night and said she would like to provide dinner for us tonight - thank goodness, as I don't know what I'd cook, nor sure if I have the energy today to do much more than exist.  Adrenaline crash really is something.  Whatever my DSIL brings will be what we enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I'm very happy Maurice's surgery went well and I hope the test results today are all good.  Enjoy the dinner your DSIL is nice enough to cook for you tonight. 

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Happy Birthday Tana!  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  I can’t relate to any of today’s days.  Great news on Maurice.

Plato’s take on life is quite interesting..

A great day in German History..

I have not cruised to Baie Comeau although I boarded the ferry across the St. Lawrence there in 2000.  I have neither much memory of the town nor photos..

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Pineapple Boat, Rack of Lamb with with Tomato Couscous, and Garlic Pearls, and Black Forest Cake as served on MS Prinsendam May 23, 2015,.:

A bit cooler today.  Yesterday’s consult was long.  With the Key Bridge gone I avoided the big roads and took the backroads and greatly overestimated the time needed.  I left the house at 11:30 and arrived about 1 for my 2:30 appointment.  I left the facility at 3:30, and decided to minimize my cooking so stopped at Arbys a little before getting home.  Not a lot to cheer about but they want me to do some more invasive tests which will need to be done in downtown Baltimore.  Again, with the Key Bridge out of the picture, the other roads get clogged easily and I’m not looking forward to that.

Roy

Roy, I'm sorry you will need more invasive test and that they will need to be done downtown.  I hope they give the doctors good results or answers to how to move forward for a successful outcome.

6 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Turtle jokes, uit 61% grote reductie - www.infoodfamily.com

Funny Turtles Talking on a Couch

Discover Cute Cartoon Turtles

turtle diary | Wrong Hands

The Teenage Mutant Hero Turtle Joke Book 🌭 - 1900HOTDOG

Pin by Tracy Flynn on Turtle Obsession | Turtle quotes, Tortoise turtle,  Turtle

Turtle Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Oh, Snap! Check out these hilarious punchlines from Walt Handelsman's  latest Cartoon Caption Contest!! | Opinion | theadvocate.com

Great memes as usual, John.

5 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good morning and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Have never liked taffy, best friend in law????, but turtles - oh, how I love them.  Meal sounds good, no on the drink and wine, I probably passed Baie-Comeau on my way down the St Lawrence, and what a day in history.  Now, about the quote:  I had to do some research and after doing so, I think I agree - 

The phrase 'Life must be lived as play' by Plato is an influential concept in philosophy. It suggests that life should not be filled with hardship and seriousness, but rather, it must be enjoyed as if it were a gameThe saying carries with it the flavor of a modern therapeutic counsel to lighten up, to let the small things roll off, and to partake of life freely, enthusiastically, and enjoyably. 

ScreenShot2024-05-23at08_22_57.png.c4cdc8574df241d1896d78ece45d74d3.png

Beautiful day here with the windows and door open, ceiling fans a blazing.  High of maybe mid 90s.  So it will be a beautiful day for my outdoor project.  As I am sure most can tell, I am very independent; my philosophy is if you can do it then so can I.  I.E - I completely redid my bathroom in my old house - tearing up floors, walls, bathtub, toilet, redoing plumbing, etc - and redid it all by myself - well, except tearing out the bathtub as it was cast iron and I couldn't do that.  It took a year and only cost me ~$1000 vs ~$15k and I had the best time, albeit with cuts and bruises, though I came up against several obstacles along the way - such as the tub I bought was too high for the piping so I had to redo the faucet pipes.  I researched and got on contractor's forums, asked questions, etc.  So I love DYI.  

ScreenShot2024-05-23at08_23_14.png.ce46cbf5ce3cc5e011de3058b9495d89.png

That being said, I came across an obstacle installing my gate lock; the space to screw it in has a wood block piece on the gate in the way.  I have a Dewalt drill and I found a flexible right angle attachment that will give me a way to install it.  🙂 Plan on getting that today (and maybe a sander) and 🤞 it works. 

ScreenShot2024-05-23at08_23_32.png.70ece06c6e98c7cdeaf1469d649c34a4.png

Happy Birthday to @smitty34877 Tana, Bon Voyage to @MrSnuffleupagus, glad to hear all went well @ger_77 DH and @JazzyV BFF.  Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!

ScreenShot2024-05-23at08_23_52.png.8409113053891aa346872a77138fd98c.png

Pennie, thanks for the information about the Plato quote.  I suspected it was something like that, and I agree with the quote, even if life isn't always without hardship.  Good luck on your projects.  

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Per ger_77's definition: Since BFF's best friend is me, am I my own best friend in law? Turtles are important and need to be protected. I'm not a taffy fan, even though growing up at the shore, there was always saltwater taffy at the boardwalk. Good quote. The meal sounds good. Pass on the drink and the wine. I haven't been to Baie-Comeau. A good day in history.

It's another warm and sunny day here, with some possible thunderstorms this afternoon. I guess I was exhausted after yesterday's exertions in caretaking. I ate dinner and had a Mike's hard lemonade with it. Then I got in the recliner to watch some shows on my DVR. The next thing I know I awaken and it's 11:30, so I go upstairs to bed. According to my Fitbit, I slept a total of 9h25m! I feel good after that. And talking to BFF, he fell asleep in his recliner after I left, until about 11:30 and then went to bed and slept another 5 hours. I'm going to just relax today if I can.

So, the 2026 NFL draft will be here! The city is very excited.

@smitty34877 Happy Birthday to Tana! So nice that the teenager's girlfriend will be giving Tana a preview of her prom dress. Prayers that medical research will come up with new treatments to help Tana. I hope your power stays on.

@MrSnuffleupagus Safe travels today.

@doobieb All these tornadoes are quite frightening! I'm glad you were safe. 

@cat shepard I hope Bindi passes her physical with flying colors.

@dfish So sad about the family dynamics. River is lucky to have you and Sue to give her some stability. Thanks for the recipes.

@superoma Your flowers are beautiful.

@aliaschief Thanks for sharing your visit to Las Palmas.

@RMLincoln Continued prayers for the success of DH's eye treatments. And so nice to hear that your girlfriend from NM will be closer now.

@ger_77 I am so glad to hear that Maurice's surgery went well. I hope all the tests go well today. Antibiotic prophylaxis for any dental procedure is pretty common after valve replacement. Nice of your DSIL to provide dinner tonight. I know that adrenaline crash!

@rafinmd I'm sorry to hear they want some more invasive tests to check out your heart; prayers they all go well.

@Haljo1935 Interesting that you need antibiotics because of the ankle hardware. I wonder if BFF will too? I'll have to ask at his 3 week check up. Lots on your plate with the shoulder and the knee issues.

@Overhead Fred Lovely photo.

@Copper10-8 Great memes!

@durangoscots Wow on your friend needing to get rid of 1500 books!

@luvteaching Have a great visit with your DM.

@Nickelpenny Thanks for the interpretation of today's quote. I'm impressed by your DYI. I used to do a lot, now at this age it's renovation by checkbook, LOL. The problem is finding competent and honest contractors any more. 

@bennybear Great turtle photos.

@Sharon in AZ I love Call The Midwife! Being late to it, I had to binge about 10 seasons to catch up last year. 

@kazu I hope you're getting the tests to finally figure out what can help your foot.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating. 

Vanessa, I'm glad both you and BFF got a good night's sleep.  It was probably just what you both needed.  

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Oh my, the Brussels sprouts is a deal buster! 😀

RNB, it's a deal breaker for me too, but not DH.

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Nothing like a dinner with a view at sea even looking thru a salty glass window.

Goodnight to all. Will we get our second green flash this cruise?

image.thumb.jpeg.f35dbf3edcbf3faad5b12c7c3c66ec28.jpeg

I hope you saw the green flash, Bruce.

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good afternoon all!

No resting yet, though!

Our room the Wolf Den

Carolyn, it sounds like this was the perfect place for the boys and for both of you.  I'm sorry your A1C was up,  I'm sure you will get it down soon, and great news on the kidney function.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Good afternoon everyone.

Late to the party today - back to back appointments.  And more tomorrow.  And every time it seems something gets done I hit another roadblock and have to fight/put my foot down and be firm.  ‘Sigh’. Foot is not happy with it all but there’s not much I can do about it.  It all has to be dealt with and there’s only one of us.

@smitty34877 a very happy birthday to Tana.  

@superoma beautiful flowers!

@ger_77 so happy to hear tha Maurice’s surgery went well.  Thank God.

@dfish a what is wrong with people?  Sad for River’s party 😞. Thank heavens she has you and Sue.

Jacqui, I'm sorry it is so frustrating to get things done and to get answers.  I hope your foot is better soon.

We have gotten more than 1 inch of rain in the last 24 hours.  I wish the areas that need the rain could get some of our rain.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 6

Good sunny evening. It did rain this morning but has been nice since then. 
It was a busy day. We went to one of the country greenhouses for planters for the cemetery and then dropped them off on the way back. My grandparents, parents and aunt are all in one place and the other grandparents and special friend are at another location. 
We also stopped at the vet and brought Houdini cremains home . 
The outside cousins were busy over the winter as we saw 3 little ones wander into the porch for a drink of water 🐾🐾🐾

So nice to hear of all the good news today .

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kazu said:

They are a bunch of 35-65 year olds acting like 2 year olds.   Today River asked her other grandma why her dad gave her away.  Her other grandma said that sometimes people step out of your life if they think they can't take care of you or be good to you, but if they get better they can come back.  She then told her that she, Sue, and I were very happy to have her in our lives and wouldn't want to have it any other way.  

@Haljo1935 and @JazzyV After I had my hip repair the dentist told me they didn't do the antibiotic thing any more.   Then, after I had my knees done I was told I had to take an antibiotic before dental work for two years or the rest of my life.  Quite a choice there!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good evening all and thank you to all for keeping this thread going.

I am late to the party today.

It has been a strange day and I just got around to posting.

I had a bad night, not being able to sleep.  I got up late and that meant that everything started late today.

This afternoon DH had an appointment with the neurologist.  I made this appointment after we had to cancel the Italy trip, when DH decided at the last minute that he was too nervous about going.  I did not think it I was a good idea to wait until his regular appointment in October to deal with his anxiety.

The doctor is short staffed and was very apologetic for not getting back to me in a timely manner.  

Let’s just say it was not the best of days.

On another note,  We will be going down to Jacksonville on Monday so that I can finally see the Orthopedist regarding my Rotator Cuff Tear.  Hopefully I will at least get an injection and a script for physical therapy.   I will also see my PCP regarding the Polymyalgia Rheumatica.  I am on a course on reducing the prednisone by 1 mg every three weeks.  Hopefully I will be completely off of it by the end of October.

We are also staying one extra day so that we can visit with some friends who have recently moved to Jacksonville from New York.  Haven’t seen them in quite a while.  We will be back home on Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

God Bless.

Terri

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

8 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Thursday. It’s a lovely sunny day. 

Terry @smitty34877 please forward this:

Happy Birthday Tana!  Enjoy your special day!  

@MrSnuffleupagus — Bon Voyage!

I was never fond of taffy. Turtles should be celebrated. The MOD sounds good and so does the wine. I’ve never been to Baie Comeau. 

Not sure where the day went yesterday but I did have DGD overnight. She left about noon. It used to be that she spent a lot of time with us but now that she is almost 17 only comes every other week or so, mostly for a good meal. 

Craig is still in the White Mountains and today they are driving to Pie Town, NM. Yes it’s really a place. There is a famous pie restaurant they have been wanting to visit for a while. Not my idea of fun, driving 2 hours just for pie, but they all enjoy driving. 

Pennie @Nickelpenny, I admire your fortitude and do it yourself-ness. I’ve had mornings when I wonder what day it is and worry if I’m supposed to be somewhere. If you would like the name of the doctor please email me and I’ll give you more info. 

I am thinking about making a spinach quiche today. I think I have all the ingredients. I’m sort of home bound, Craig doesn’t want me driving the old car anymore d/t all the repairs it needs. I could walk to the grocery store but don’t really want to. I think I’m also going to watch Call the Midwife today. I have saved it just for a day like today. 

Jacqui @kazu, I gasped when I read Ivan was attacked by another dog and shocked that the owner was so rude to you. I hope he is okay. Also, I’ve been praying about your foot and hope things improve. 

Gerry @ger_77,  great news about Maurice!  Also I’m not surprised about the antibiotics and dental work. Any amount of dental work “kicks” up all kinds of germs and can cause infections, especially dangerous for people with heart issues. 

Have a great day!

email sent.  🙂 

• Like 3

I forgot about this; I have my own day:

May 23, 2024

May 23 is National Lucky Penny Day. Because metals like copper have intrinsic value, finding a penny has long been considered lucky. Nowadays, even though a penny doesn’t have a lot of buying power — to the extent countries including Canada and Australia have ceased minting them — it’s still fun to talk about and think about lucky pennies. It’s so much fun, in fact, that there are a lot of songs that mention pennies, lucky pennies … even a bad penny now and then.

Given that it’s Lucky Penny Day, it’s only fitting we ask a penny for your thoughts, and you can share your two cents’ worth.

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

I forgot about this; I have my own day:

May 23, 2024

May 23 is National Lucky Penny Day. Because metals like copper have intrinsic value, finding a penny has long been considered lucky. Nowadays, even though a penny doesn’t have a lot of buying power — to the extent countries including Canada and Australia have ceased minting them — it’s still fun to talk about and think about lucky pennies. It’s so much fun, in fact, that there are a lot of songs that mention pennies, lucky pennies … even a bad penny now and then.

Given that it’s Lucky Penny Day, it’s only fitting we ask a penny for your thoughts, and you can share your two cents’ worth.

Congrats on being special enough to have your own day! I'll gladly celebrate 🍾 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dfish said:

@Haljo1935 and @JazzyV After I had my hip repair the dentist told me they didn't do the antibiotic thing any more.   Then, after I had my knees done I was told I had to take an antibiotic before dental work for two years or the rest of my life.  Quite a choice there!

Yes, that is quite a choice, geez.🤷‍♀️

With the potential consequences, I'd choose life, how are we to know which is really the right answer?

I wasn't told I had a choice so I do follow the pre-med routine. 

Hoping BFF gets clear guidance. 

• Like 8

Dang I have a lot to catch up on here.  I’m trying to get our yard “summer ready.”  It was a real mess after being away for a month.  When they say “spring” in California, they mean it.  We have almost a never-ending growing season. Lots to do.  But kinda ready now for Memorial Day BBQ.

But… thinking of all of you.  Especially sweet Tana’s birthday.

Things are getting kinda unwieldy here on the Daily. Hard to keep up.   Gentle reminder…to post multiple times is human; to multi-quote is divine.  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Have a good evening, everyone!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yes, that is quite a choice, geez.🤷‍♀️

With the potential consequences, I'd choose life, how are we to know which is really the right answer?

I wasn't told I had a choice so I do follow the pre-med routine. 

Hoping BFF gets clear guidance. 

I did it for three years.  By then the surgeon had retired and the dentist said they didn't prescribe them anymore.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1