ststus match.Will CCL follow suit?

39 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Now that Royal Caribbean has announced that they will status match across all brands do you think Carnival Corp wil follow suit?

No

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Now that Royal Caribbean has announced that they will status match across all brands do you think Carnival Corp wil follow suit?

Carnival has been following RCL's lead for years now, I think they will.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

Royal and Celebrity have been matching for years.  What’s new is they added Silversea.  EM

This! No real change for lower tier RCCL or X cruisers, but matching tiers above Diamond/Elite is a welcome change.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Carnival hasn't cared about loyal customer retention for years.  Why would they do anything different now?

The point is they do NOT have to.  They have a huge retention factor, in fact, they need to find a way slim down what they do have.

• Like 1

I wish they would.  I would love to try some of their other brands - especially the ones that sail out of FLL.  Right now CCL gives me offers I really can't refuse.

• Like 4

Royal basically has Celebrity (SIlversea is an annomoly), Carnival has a much bigger, much more diverse group of cruise lines, the equivilant of a comparison of apples and orangatans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Royal and Celebrity have been matching for years.  What’s new is they added Silversea.  EM

They actually did a true status match along with adding Silversea.  Instead of everyone being capped at either Diamond or Elite, they are matching all tiers now.  For instance, as Diamond + on Royal, I will now be Elite + and Pinnacles will now be Zenith.  

Do I think that Carnival will status match with their other brands?  No.  That's not what Carnival is about. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoperDK said:

They actually did a true status match along with adding Silversea.  Instead of everyone being capped at either Diamond or Elite, they are matching all tiers now.  For instance, as Diamond + on Royal, I will now be Elite + and Pinnacles will now be Zenith.  

Do I think that Carnival will status match with their other brands?  No.  That's not what Carnival is about. 

I'll have to look into this a little closer now. I thought it was just adding in Silversea (so I didn't pay attention to the email from them yesterday). I enjoyed "instant" Diamond status on Royal years ago (first or second cruise?) owing to our Elite status with Celebrity. Now that we're Elite+, I'll have to check and see what Diamond+ earns from Royal (over the plus-less Diamond)  🙂

Tom

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'll have to look into this a little closer now. I thought it was just adding in Silversea (so I didn't pay attention to the email from them yesterday). I enjoyed "instant" Diamond status on Royal years ago (first or second cruise?) owing to our Elite status with Celebrity. Now that we're Elite+, I'll have to check and see what Diamond+ earns from Royal (over the plus-less Diamond)  🙂

Tom

Here is a list of benefits:

Crown and Anchor Member Benefits (royalcaribbean.com) 

This might also temp me to give Celebrity a try. I do wish Carnival would offer some reciprocal benefits with their other lines. I don't think it will happen, though. 

1 minute ago, RoperDK said:

Here is a list of benefits:

Crown and Anchor Member Benefits (royalcaribbean.com) 

This might also temp me to give Celebrity a try. I do wish Carnival would offer some reciprocal benefits with their other lines. I don't think it will happen, though. 

Yep, a leopard doesn't change its spots! It looks like a lot of those Diamond Plus benefits are also predicated based on a minimum number of points earned, which doesn't really translate to apples to apples.

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep, a leopard doesn't change its spots! It looks like a lot of those Diamond Plus benefits are also predicated based on a minimum number of points earned, which doesn't really translate to apples to apples.

We think the extra daily drink (5), free bag of laundry, and the BOGO specialty dining offer are the stars of the Diamond+ benefits.  The 340 point level is sometimes referred to as Diamond++ or Junior Pinnacle. People have wondered why Royal hasn't added this as another official level, but they haven't.  Sounds like those that have wondered why Carnival hasn't added a level between Platinum and Diamond or added a Diamond Plus level.    

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Carnival hasn't cared about loyal customer retention for years.  Why would they do anything different now?

And yet the ships are full.

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Easy to do when you give all the rooms away. 

IMG_1081.jpeg

I get confused easily, how does one person book 21 rooms?  It is a rhetorical question.

• Like 1

I would love Carnival to offer something with their other lines.  We have been looking at Princess and Celebrity, but Celebrity is winning based on the fact that I would maintain that status if I moved to RCL.  If I'm starting over from scratch, why start with essentially the same company.

As with any choice in life, there are pros and cons. Many people love to draw their line in the sand, and that is that. With all things considered, I think it is a smart move for Carnival to do this. No, not just because I base the decision off of my entitlement of being at the center of the universe. I think it is a great way for them to retain and upsell customers, something companies always want to do. Eventually, sailing the same brand dozens of times, can get old to many people. Instead of letting them venture off to the competition, entice them to stay in house on a more expensive brand. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

As with any choice in life, there are pros and cons. Many people love to draw their line in the sand, and that is that. With all things considered, I think it is a smart move for Carnival to do this. No, not just because I base the decision off of my entitlement of being at the center of the universe. I think it is a great way for them to retain and upsell customers, something companies always want to do. Eventually, sailing the same brand dozens of times, can get old to many people. Instead of letting them venture off to the competition, entice them to stay in house on a more expensive brand. 

The issue (may be to strong of a word) is not the desire or even consideration of doing so, it is in the complexity in the accomplishment.   Way more difficult than what RCCL is doing…