why not?

We just got our upgrade to elite plus (Royal diamond plus).  So added another Celebrity cruise to our preexisting celebrity cruise this upcoming January.  Was that wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why would it be wrong?? I love Back to Back cruises! And you and your cabin mate will each have 2 bags of free laundry. This is especially handy when you are cruising B2B. 

Are you chasing status or looking for cruises to enjoy?  That is the question.  We started with Royal but moved to Celebrity for an itinerary and found it more to our liking so we stuck with iit.   

40 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

We just got our upgrade to elite plus (Royal diamond plus).  So added another Celebrity cruise to our preexisting celebrity cruise this upcoming January.  Was that wrong?

More cruises are NEVER wrong! I'm a big fan of B2B...well, any cruise actually!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fenton04 said:

If you are saying you just got to Elite Plus on Celebrity and are assuming that also gives you Diamond Plus, I don't think that is correct. I am pretty sure that the reciprocities only go up to Diamond. Similarly, if you got to Diamond Plus on Royal, it only gives you Elite on Celebrity.

4 hours ago, Tudy said:

Why would it be wrong?? I love Back to Back cruises! And you and your cabin mate will each have 2 bags of free laundry. This is especially handy when you are cruising B2B. 

Thanks.  I was on phone with TA and typed this>  I neglected to mention that the B2B would be in different cabins.  Our previous B2B were always in the same cabin. Long story short at this late stage the same cabin was off the table.  So TA assured us that changing cabins on B2B is more the norm and Celebrity will take care of our gear.  Done deal!  We were mystified about bragging about the status?  Celebrity moved us to Elite plus.  All well that ends well.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

If you are saying you just got to Elite Plus on Celebrity and are assuming that also gives you Diamond Plus, I don't think that is correct. I am pretty sure that the reciprocities only go up to Diamond. Similarly, if you got to Diamond Plus on Royal, it only gives you Elite on Celebrity.

No they just changed that effective 6/5.  Tier levels now have equal benefit reciprocity.  So Diamond + now = Elite +, etc., and visa versa.  (Some lowest tier levels have remained combined)

Edited by leaveitallbehind

9 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Better check your work.

13 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

Thanks.  I was on phone with TA and typed this>  I neglected to mention that the B2B would be in different cabins.  Our previous B2B were always in the same cabin. Long story short at this late stage the same cabin was off the table.  So TA assured us that changing cabins on B2B is more the norm and Celebrity will take care of our gear.  Done deal!  We were mystified about bragging about the status?  Celebrity moved us to Elite plus.  All well that ends well.

Make sure they add the B2B discount to both legs.  Often they forget when adding a sailing.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_Back_to_Back_Offer_Flyer.pdf

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

No they just changed that effective 6/5.  Tier levels now have equal benefit reciprocity.  So Diamond + now = Elite +, etc., and visa versa.  (Some lowest tier levels have remained combined)

so now top tier Celeb events will  presumably be even more crowded with Royal Crossovers!  not worth it!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, hcat said:

so now top tier Celeb events will  presumably be even more crowded with Royal Crossovers!  not worth it!

....and visa versa with RCCL.  It works both ways.  Not to mention that the RCCL tier benefits up to Zenith are far better than Celebrity!

We have cruised both lines rather extensively (50+ combined) and while we earned D+ on RCCL, we will be Elite on our own merit with Celebrity after our upcoming June cruise.  In all that time I never saw ourselves or others as "crossovers" to either line.  Just cruisers who for different reasons at different times liked and cruised both.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gcornell said:

Can’t tell if OP is humble bragging or serious question?

Maybe just celebrating an unexpected windfall?😀 We also were notified that our RC D+ status had moved us up to E+, a couple of cruises earlier than expected. As it is, we already have a b2b booked on X, for next year. But, if we didn't -- this would make it tempting! 😎

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

....and visa versa with RCCL.  It works both ways.  Not to mention that the RCCL tier benefits up to Zenith are far better than Celebrity!

yes, but I believe  many more from Royal C are in the potential crossover pool and push to further Royalize X

.Some Royal benefits like the  cocktail hr buffet are better than on X,  but we left Royal yrs ago and  have not been tempted back!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, hcat said:

yes, but I believe  many more from Royal C are in the potential crossover pool and push to further Royalize X

.Some Royal benefits like the  cocktail hr buffet are better than on X,  but we left Royal yrs ago and  have not been tempted back!

Cruisers are people, regardless of how experienced they are with one line or another.  Not sure how anyone's presence on board could "Royalize" Celebrity.  Did you have that effect on Celebrity when you left RCCL?  Not sure how one could tell on board what cruise line one has previously sailed with to have that concern - or more importantly should even care!

We cruised RCCL extensively when our family was young as that is their primary target demographics.  When our kids became adults we shifted our cruising mainly to Celebrity as that demographic fit better.  But from time to time for different (sometimes family) reasons we still cruise RCCL.  They fit us both for different reasons.  

But we don't have an attitude about others who may cruise both from time to time...

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

We similarly transitioned from RC to X, nearly 15 years ago. As we grew older, RC's increasing shift toward being a 'family' cruise line did not really work for us. We loved our first Celebrity (Solstice) cruise -- and never looked back. Well -- that is, until we became grandparents.Several years ago (pre-Covid), we had an opportunity to take a cruise with our son and his young family. The larger Royal ships were a much better fit for that one than X would have been. When asked about cruise preferences, I recommend RC for folks with kids, and X for adults.

Posted (edited)

We also are transplants from Royal, but moved to Celebrity when we began to cruise to Europe many years ago.  Celebrity was our choice and we loved it, but like all things, we decided to try Oceania where we have no status, no inhibitions, along with a perfect itinerary.  We still gets lots of free laundry, but are just plain newbies going incognito, on a TA to Europe, to visit a bucket list place...🤷‍♀️

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

We also are transplants from Royal, but moved to Celebrity when we began to cruise to Europe many years ago.  Celebrity was our choice and we loved it, but like all things, we decided to try Oceania where we have no status, no inhibitions, along with a perfect itinerary.  We still gets lots of free laundry, but are just plain newbies going incognito, on a TA to Europe, to visit a bucket list place...🤷‍♀️

They really seem to have some perfect length sweet spot cruises with better itinerary options than celebrity is offering these days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

We similarly transitioned from RC to X, nearly 15 years ago. As we grew older, RC's increasing shift toward being a 'family' cruise line did not really work for us. We loved our first Celebrity (Solstice) cruise -- and never looked back. Well -- that is, until we became grandparents.Several years ago (pre-Covid), we had an opportunity to take a cruise with our son and his young family. The larger Royal ships were a much better fit for that one than X would have been. When asked about cruise preferences, I recommend RC for folks with kids, and X for adults.

that's a good formula..  with kids= Royal/ Disney,  and Celebrity for adults and less active families. Altho' CoCo Cay may change the picture !

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

Altho' CoCo Cay may change the picture !

I will be curious over time to see the responses from Celebrity cruisers who are new to CocoCay. Especially as typically every Celebrity itinerary with a stop there will be there with a large RCCL ship.

13 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Cruisers are people, regardless of how experienced they are with one line or another.  Not sure how anyone's presence on board could "Royalize" Celebrity.  Did you have that effect on Celebrity when you left RCCL?  Not sure how one could tell on board what cruise line one has previously sailed with to have that concern - or more importantly should even care!

We cruised RCCL extensively when our family was young as that is their primary target demographics.  When our kids became adults we shifted our cruising mainly to Celebrity as that demographic fit better.  But from time to time for different (sometimes family) reasons we still cruise RCCL.  They fit us both for different reasons.  

But we don't have an attitude about others who may cruise both from time to time...

Hi,

WOW!!!  I LOVE your comments!!!!

At first we cruised many different lines and liked Celebrity

and became E. We then went back to Royal as D and

actually liked the perks BETTER than Celebrity. The Diamond

club (open all day) was AWESOME for food, coffee and the

HH food was GREAT in comparison to Celebrity HH food.

We also liked having our free drinks at the pool, in the

dining roo, anytime of day etc. When I have mention this

on CC I get MANY negative comments. Why? We also 

mainly cruise based on itinerary and pick Celebrity OR RCL!

As C+ we like some of their perks (eg. free wifi minutes) better than D+). 

We LOVE to explore different parts of the world!!  After seeing

each Caribbean island 7-8 times it gets a little boring. HOWEVER we still go back to them to escape Canadian 

winters (on either RCL or Celebrity).  

Bill