B2B - do i need print luggage tags for 2nd cruise

Posted (edited)

Going on my first B2B.  It's now getting to the time the docs and luggage tags are available.  Do I need to bother printing the luggage tags for the 2nd cruise?  Or will they provide whatever is needed with the turnaround instructions?  (we have to move cabin unfortunately)

Thanks!

Edited by Shiba_Lover

Do not print the luggage tags and tear off your old tags so as not to confuse them.  Let your old steward and your new steward know that you will be back to back and they will coordinate moving your stuff between the rooms.

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Do not print the luggage tags and tear off your old tags so as not to confuse them.  Let your old steward and your new steward know that you will be back to back and they will coordinate moving your stuff between the rooms.

Thanks - so we need to tell them we are B2B - I had read that somehow, they "know".  I will tell someone in the first few days.  I'm hoping to have the same team - we are just moving 3 suites down. (just enough to walk to the wrong room for a few days I'm sure 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Thanks - so we need to tell them we are B2B - I had read that somehow, they "know".  I will tell someone in the first few days.  I'm hoping to have the same team - we are just moving 3 suites down. (just enough to walk to the wrong room for a few days I'm sure 🤣

Guest relations definitely know, but your steward may not

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Guest relations definitely know, but your steward may not

My experience is they room stewards and butlers know if you are B2B.    They usually don't know until a day or two before turn around.   They are the ones that also deliver your B2B instructions and transit passes.

I usually ask my stateroom attendant to coordinate with new stateroom attendant to let me know when the new room is vacant so I can move things to the new room safe.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shiba_Lover said:

Our last 3 B2Bs we had to change cabins on 2 one was 3 cabins down but different cabin attendant, next was a different floor but cabin attendant was being moved to that floor, so they stayed with us.  The one where we didn’t change cabins both the cabin attendant and butler changed.

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

Our last 3 B2Bs we had to change cabins on 2 one was 3 cabins down but different cabin attendant, next was a different floor but cabin attendant was being moved to that floor, so they stayed with us.  The one where we didn’t change cabins both the cabin attendant and butler changed.

So basically who knows if we will have the same attendant and butler 🤷 when we move.  😀

My wife and I are sailing from Vancouver to Singapore, we have three different rooms, according to what I have read here we can just inform the staff or in fact they will already know. can anyone tell me what the procedure is for doing this, do we have to get off and check in every time. Thanks

Posted (edited)

You have a turnaround day in Hawaii I think. For that one you might have to get off the ship and check back in again. At other (non-US ) ports you probably would stay on the ship.

Edited by WestLakeGirl

1 hour ago, Shiba_Lover said:

So basically who knows if we will have the same attendant and butler 🤷 when we move.  😀

Your Butler and Room attendant will know as well as the suites Manager.   Just ask them.

Most of the time when we are in upper suites they always have the Butler continue to take care of us but the Room Attendant stays with their area.

39 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

You have a turnaround day in Hawaii I think. For that one you might have to get off the ship and check back in again. At other (non-US ) ports you probably would stay on the ship.

When we did B2B in HNL it was pretty easy.    Unlike many U.S. ports we were not required to leave the ship.  Immigration for all passengers was done on-board the ship.    Once you went through you got a sticker on your SeaPass and could leave the ship.

It may be we had an overnight in Honolulu.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

When we did B2B in HNL it was pretty easy.    Unlike many U.S. ports we were not required to leave the ship.  Immigration for all passengers was done on-board the ship.    Once you went through you got a sticker on your SeaPass and could leave the ship.

It may be we had an overnight in Honolulu.  

Of course when we (and you did it), immigration was done, as you say on the day before turn around day.

We had an all day tour on turn around day, and by the time we got back, the muster stations were closed.  Retreat concierges told us to wait for a letter to tell us what to do.  Still waiting ....

If you have a turn around in Sydney, you will have to get off the ship most likely.  It really depends on the port.  

You don’t need the cruise ticket either.  

They will take your old seat pass card when leaving the ship and give you a new one. They don’t want you to confuse the cards.   You can request the old card back if you want it. 

Make sure that you have used all of your OBC as it doesn’t carry over.

You will also have to change your password and reconnect to the ship’s internet if you have a package.  

If you are doing this in Ft Lauderdale prepare for a lot of walking, standing, and waiting in the terminal. .   From about 9 to 11 you will be in Limbo as everything shuts down and doesn’t get back onto operation until around 11.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4 hours ago, miched said:

You don’t need the cruise ticket either.  

They will take your old seat pass card when leaving the ship and give you a new one. They don’t want you to confuse the cards.   You can request the old card back if you want it. 

Make sure that you have used all of your OBC as it doesn’t carry over.

You will also have to change your password and reconnect to the ship’s internet if you have a package.  

If you are doing this in Ft Lauderdale prepare for a lot of walking, standing, and waiting in the terminal. .   From about 9 to 11 you will be in Limbo as everything shuts down and doesn’t get back onto operation until around 11.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for this.  We're doing a B2B at the end of the month in Fort Lauderdale (Beyond).  Good to know we'll have a couple of hours to kill.  

5 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Thanks for this.  We're doing a B2B at the end of the month in Fort Lauderdale (Beyond).  Good to know we'll have a couple of hours to kill.  

The coordinator will get the whole group together.   Those in suites or changing to a suite have been in separate groups.   After the ship has cleared of those that are leaving you will proceed off of the ship.  You will walk that very long walk off of the ship and then thru the terminal.  We were staged in that long hallway waiting for ???    We then proceeded thru the luggage area and thru the custom walk thru area and back to another holding area.  There were chairs for everyone.  We sat there and seen about 1/2 of the crew go thru customs and then back on.   I don’t know the reason but that took some time.  While waiting we were give our sea pass cards.   We had to wait until the ship was cleared and got the Ok to board.   We now walked thru that long maze again to get back on board.  Then there was another wait.  I guess for the check in scanners to open up.  Getting back on board there is no one to greet you or tell you where to go.   There is no need as you should know as you just got off.   The staff is very busy trying to prepare for the new guests.   We just tried to stay out of their way. 

If in a suite you can go to the retreat area and get some refreshments and etc.   if not you can also get a drink as soon as the bars open and sit near the entrance of the boarding area watching the expressions of those that think they are the  “first” passengers seeing you already sitting there with a drink 

Or you can go to the buffet, get a nice table and be the first to dig in and mess up the trays.  Or just pick out a nice place around the pool, or any other area, relax,  and avoid the hectic first day because you are already settled in.  

In the past the consecutive cruisers were offered the embarkation lunch in the dining room.   if in a suite it isn’t needed.   It is a limited menu but relaxing as you are served.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, miched said:

The coordinator will get the whole group together.   Those in suites or changing to a suite have been in separate groups.   After the ship has cleared of those that are leaving you will proceed off of the ship.  You will walk that very long walk off of the ship and then thru the terminal.  We were staged in that long hallway waiting for ???    We then proceeded thru the luggage area and thru the custom walk thru area and back to another holding area.  There were chairs for everyone.  We sat there and seen about 1/2 of the crew go thru customs and then back on.   I don’t know the reason but that took some time.  While waiting we were give our sea pass cards.   We had to wait until the ship was cleared and got the Ok to board.   We now walked thru that long maze again to get back on board.  Then there was another wait.  I guess for the check in scanners to open up.  Getting back on board there is no one to greet you or tell you where to go.   There is no need as you should know as you just got off.   The staff is very busy trying to prepare for the new guests.   We just tried to stay out of their way. 

If in a suite you can go to the retreat area and get some refreshments and etc.   if not you can also get a drink as soon as the bars open and sit near the entrance of the boarding area watching the expressions of those that think they are the  “first” passengers seeing you already sitting there with a drink 

Or you can go to the buffet, get a nice table and be the first to dig in and mess up the trays.  Or just pick out a nice place around the pool, or any other area, relax,  and avoid the hectic first day because you are already settled in.  

In the past the consecutive cruisers were offered the embarkation lunch in the dining room.   if in a suite it isn’t needed.   It is a limited menu but relaxing as you are served.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for this, we're in sky suites, so I'm sure the Retreat staff will take good care of us.  

Although, maybe we'll go to the b2b lunch, since it will be my 5th embarkation day lunch, and probably 7th or 8th for that particular suite menu. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

Thanks for this, we're in sky suites, so I'm sure the Retreat staff will take good care of us.  

Although, maybe we'll go to the b2b lunch, since it will be my 5th embarkation day lunch, and probably 7th or 8th for that particular suite menu. 

We were in a Suite and had the same suite for both.   The Retreat Lounge gets jammed packed.   We had a rather “late” breakfast in Luminae and then went back to our suite.  We stayed there as long as possible.  Ask the hosts or butler when you really  need to be there.  

Even though we been to Luminae many times for embarkation it beats the lunch in the  MDR.   We did that on a B2B in Aqua.    The MDR can be very crowded, with slow service and a very limited menu.  Nothing special.  I would take the Celebrity burger without a bun or the Lobster roll with double lobster and no bun.   We have done that. We have also asked for and got different sides.  If you are doing a B2B, ask for the same server if you liked them and greased their palm a little extra on the first cruise they will really accommodate you. 

On the last day during breakfast I seen a lady sitting next to us have a lobster roll.   I am sure that she requested it the night or day before.    Ask and you may receive 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

5 minutes ago, miched said:

We were in a Suite and had the same suite for both.   The Retreat Lounge gets jammed packed.   We had a rather “late” breakfast in Luminae and then went back to our suite.  We stayed there as long as possible.  Ask the hosts or butler when you really  need to be there.  

Even though we been to Luminae many times for embarkation it beats the lunch in the  MDR.   We did that on a B2B in Aqua.    The MDR can be very crowded, with slow service and a very limited menu.  Nothing special.  I would take the Celebrity burger without a bun or the Lobster roll with double lobster and no bun.   We have done that. We have also asked for and got different sides.  If you are doing a B2B, ask for the same server if you liked them and greased their palm a little extra on the first cruise they will really accommodate you. 

On the last day during breakfast I seen a lady sitting next to us have a lobster roll.   I am sure that she requested it the night or day before.    Ask and you may receive 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Good points on the main dining, assuming Concierge menu.  I usually get the salad with romaine instead of kale, and the steak.  On Apex in December on most nights I ended up with a small filet with bernaise sauce and a baked potato.  I've changed proteins and done all kinds of menu tweaking.

If I'm not mistaken, I think one of my favorite waiters and maitre'd are now on the Luminae staff (they joined in March).  I'll ask for that waiter, a former waiter we saw on the Beyond in February that we'd loved before, or the excellent waiter my sister and I had in February).  

We have to be out of the room by 8, since we're not staying in the same room.  (We booked too last minute for that) We'll linger at breakfast, and head to the lounge.  Hopefully it will have emptied some by the time we get there.

Thanks for the good advice.  I'm just a bit tired of the first day lunch menu.

Not to hijack the thread but if I'm going to carry luggage to my room, do I need the tags?  I planned to print them out an put one in each suitcase in case something got lost on the plane, but I wasn't going to bother attaching them unless the cruiseline made me.

We are doing a b2b in a concierge SV keeping the same cabin. Do we need to be out of the cabin at 7:30 since we are not switching cabins? I will, of course, talk to the room steward and see what they say but curious as to others experience. 

14 hours ago, TGfromTX said:

Not to hijack the thread but if I'm going to carry luggage to my room, do I need the tags?  I planned to print them out a put one in each suitcase in case something got lost on the plane, but I wasn't going to bother attaching them unless the cruiseline made me.

On embarkation day? If you are bringing your own luggage to the room, there is no need for luggage tags.  Do I take it that you are traveling with carry-on only?

• Thanks 1