Reflection LIVE 6/21-7/1/24: A Perfect Day for a Suite Girlfriends Getaway

29 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I think I did catch a pic of you thrashing in one of the glass cages in your red dress.  Of course I refrained from sharing this for fear of casting a negative light on yourself or the situation.  

Go ahead and post it, I would love to see it.

And we had a great time on that cruise. We crashed a party the 1st night and I got to wear the MVP Super Bowl Ring.

• Like 1

Last night after I finished dressing for a pride party, I decided to hang in the room for my cocktail hour and make something from my bar while I watched the gorgeous sunset.

When I got to Murano I had the same excellent server Yessica and sommelier Ronald.  I started out drinking the rest of my Brunello from Tuscan the night before.  When that ran out just before the main course, Ronald told me since I’d been purchasing so many bottles, if I was interested, he had a special bottle he thought I’d really enjoy that he could offer an additional discount on.  He wasn’t lying about it being special.  A 2017 Grand cru.  

It was the best wine I’ve had since Jeremy and I got back from Italy and I think it may be one of the best I’ve ever had period.

For dinner I went with old favorites for appetizers, the lobster bisque and goat cheese soufle.  For my main I went off my beaten path and tried the duck and it was another successful try something new experiment.  The wine pairing put it over the top.

For dessert I tried the gelato assortment which was good (especially the pistachio flavor) but was no gran marnier soufflé.

After a double shot of espresso to refuel, I headed up to the pool deck pride party.  There ain’t no party like a Luigi deck party.  It didn’t look like quite as big a crowd as the party on the 3 night before this one (not surprising) but the music was great and the dance floor stayed live until the party moved to the sky lounge, which I also ended up shutting down at 2am (again not surprising).

I think it’s time for me to take what’s becoming my habitual pre-dinner nap.  Then I’ll shower and dress and do a little bit of packing in anticipation of turnover day tomorrow.  Yes friends, I got the email this morning that my moveup bid to stay in this palace was unsuccessful.  So tomorrow I will be cast down to spend the next cruise sailing in a lowly celebrity suite.  I know I have all of your sympathies over the burden I must bear.

IMG_9051.thumb.jpeg.7dc894f503ecbeb15c5e9b6b18f8f87f.jpeg

IMG_9053.thumb.jpeg.913fa7ae623b6c8d60e2617a17861e73.jpeg

IMG_9056.thumb.jpeg.5225d48f26018fc9d471d4560c413628.jpeg

IMG_9054.thumb.jpeg.b28f6b965dffb5483473f1cf4da154bb.jpeg

IMG_9057.thumb.jpeg.9f196c00382856335c94878c9c27e33d.jpeg

IMG_9058.thumb.jpeg.da4911a398bd05dd265fe6beb6b8c33d.jpeg

IMG_9062.thumb.jpeg.690d6645b4b3a541fc7eec8bce047cec.jpeg

IMG_9064.thumb.jpeg.8a45b445061900182144cf27e0258b92.jpeg

IMG_9059.thumb.jpeg.7932e72e37cffd31267ab5e1ad2aa12b.jpeg

IMG_9060.thumb.jpeg.fe3ec5e5375096bc32c3ab039266a5cc.jpeg

IMG_9061.thumb.jpeg.fe7f9a259a821f61c0808a2da7faab23.jpeg

IMG_9063.thumb.jpeg.e8adeb43bf24985626595934013f80b7.jpeg

IMG_9074.thumb.jpeg.9a84b3dda630aa9c12745b086b5b69d7.jpeg

IMG_9080.thumb.jpeg.f96763b149a576a1781cf9a756d969d7.jpeg

IMG_9079.thumb.jpeg.3133b2ea97f605ba6bfcb424316896c5.jpeg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, GenerationX said:

He wasn’t lying about it being special.  A 2017 Grand cru.  

It was the best wine I’ve had since Jeremy and I got back from Italy and I think it may be one of the best I’ve ever had period.

Oh! My DH and I just got back from cycling in France (Paris to Bordeaux to Carcassonne) and I think we cycled past Château Lassègue! No picture of that winery, but several from a few km’s away. We had lots of amazing very cheap wine throughout this area!

IMG_9685.jpeg

IMG_9695.jpeg

IMG_9696.jpeg

IMG_9688.jpeg

Edited by kluv2cruz
  • Like 9

On 6/17/2024 at 11:39 AM, lola2013 said:

Charla,

Let the adventure begin!  I completed my first (and hopefully not last) B2B on Silhouette in April...four nights with friends followed by ten nights with family/friends.  

Quite accidentally, we caught the Captain Kirk rock show on the first leg.  I mention it because I believe he is now on Reflection.  Not many knew about the show that first cruise; but word spread and the theatre was packed for the second cruise.  The man is a legend...guitar, drums, vocals...(and he doesn't look bad either).  So if you have the opportunity, be sure to catch his act...all three times cruises!!!

Bon Voyage,

Susan😎

Saw him on the Oct 2023 TA and he was awesome! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

Hi Charla, loving your trip report as always. Sorry that you didn't get the upgrade for the next let, but I know that you will make the best of your lowly Celebrity Suite. 🤣

I could swear that Luigi was our CD on our January 2024 Ascent cruise. (Am I right @mac_tlc?) He was great!

I was on Apex in December, 2023...we were "parked" next to Ascent in Cozumel...there were a lot of Ascent passengers that we spoke with who were loving Luigi.  Chances are great you had him in January!  Too bad we didn't have him as CD when we sailed together on Silhouette in April, right?  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

Hi Charla, loving your trip report as always. Sorry that you didn't get the upgrade for the next let, but I know that you will make the best of your lowly Celebrity Suite. 🤣

I could swear that Luigi was our CD on our January 2024 Ascent cruise. (Am I right @mac_tlc?) He was great!

Yes you are correct ! Graciiiiaaaassssss !!!

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 3

On 6/26/2024 at 11:44 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Really need a @GenerationX live post to survive the next couple weeks.   I'm spending my summer in a place that Charla feels comfortable.   A Court Room.  I was summoned for Jury Duty and landed on a Murder Case that is projected to last through the end of July.   I will be joining Charla as a virtual tag along as I waste time during the numerous breaks.  

Charla,  hope you enjoy the Signature Suite.   We booked it many years ago and really loved it.   With the tall ceilings and Powered Privacy mirror between the bedroom and bathroom it feels so much larger.  

I do have to share a story.     At the end of the private hallway  is the Reflection Suite.  One of the features of the suite is a Glass Shower that hangs off the side of the ship.   The buzz in Retreat one evening was that the gentleman staying there forgot to push the privacy button that makes the glass opaque.   At least we all hoped he had forgotten.  

OOOHHH...Gross!

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I will just say it wasn't a pretty picture and even the Bridge was joking about it.

This reminds me of the time Jeremy and I were in port in St. Maarten on a cruise and he convinced me to take a “sightseeing” walk down the nude beach area.  He was very disappointed in the scenery.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 6/26/2024 at 10:41 AM, Lastdance said:

Jim, I think you will make the perfect juror due to so many different factors!

I of course can't talk about the trial but I can comment the Judge is incredible.   He should be a instructor as he is teaching the jury so much about the legal system and will stop and talk to us about why things are happening and definition of the legal terms that are being thrown in ... He also has a tradition of leaving us a chocolate on each of our seats each morning. 

I do have so much respect for @GenerationX and how much effort the attorneys do while at trial.  

While I had really dreaded serving on a long trial, I'm finding the whole process of a real trial so different than what is portrayed on TV.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GenerationX said:

This reminds me of the time Jeremy and I were in port in St. Maarten on a cruise and he convinced me to take a “sightseeing” walk down the nude beach area.  He was very disappointed in the scenery.  

You have me chuckling.   

We were in Spain with our kids.  My son was about 12 at the time and at a local beach.   A lady in her early 50's plopped down near us an Popped her top off.   I think his eyes were the size of watermelons.  I just joked with him and said Welcome to Spain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

While I had really dreaded serving on a long trial, I'm finding the whole process of a real trial so different than what is portrayed on TV.  

It can be, I did jury service in the UK. First time I was called up I had a holiday booked so they let me out, but I came back to be called again and second time you can't refuse - my work wasn't happy.

I had two cases, one was quick shoplifting and the other was a sexual assault case - it was pretty gruesome. It ended up taking up the rest of the time they had blocked off for me being away from work because of the evidence etc and it took a while to debate on everything - got pretty heated with the jurors on guilty/not guilty 

11 hours ago, GenerationX said:

During a catamaran excursion when DD was 9 or 10 years old, we had anchored close to the shore of a little island and were relaxing onboard when two nude couples walked out onto the beach. DH and I tried to distract DD to no avail, and her only reaction was, “Why are those naked people wearing hats? That seems dumb.”  Still makes me laugh to this day!

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

During a catamaran excursion when DD was 9 or 10 years old, we had anchored close to the shore of a little island and were relaxing onboard when two nude couples walked out onto the beach. DH and I tried to distract DD to no avail, and her only reaction was, “Why are those naked people wearing hats? That seems dumb.”  Still makes me laugh to this day!

lol.  Sometimes kids are less bothered by things than adults think they will be and they just look at the practical (like the hats.) 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You have me chuckling.   

We were in Spain with our kids.  My son was about 12 at the time and at a local beach.   A lady in her early 50's plopped down near us an Popped her top off.   I think his eyes were the size of watermelons.  I just joked with him and said Welcome to Spain.

Another nude "bad look.."

Way back, on select itins and ships,  Celeb established a topless lounge area...

Dumbos put it adjacent to the kiddie pools they used to have on same deck!  Kind of tone deaf..

not much to look at..but some cultures enjoy it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, guys, thus ends another another cruise…and thus starts another cruise!

We just finished our back to back process which was a little different this time.  After clearing customs and getting our new seapass cards, when we scanned back onto the ship, security asked me for my passport and then took a new security photo (neither of which happened last swap).

The sunset bar is still setting up, but when Ryan saw me hanging out and taking in the morning breeze, he brought me over an Evian and a cup of ice without me even asking.  It’s going to be hard to leave this Celebrity service after this cruise.  It’s the last hour or so of calm before a sold out cruise, 3600 passenger, storm hits.

While I’m hanging out waiting for sangria service to start, a report on the rest of the day yesterday:

After my morning in Al Bacio, I headed up to the sunset bar to have cocktails and hang out with CC friends from my equinox cruise last year who just happen to also be spending the next few cruises on Reflection to celebrate their 42nd wedding anniversary!

Then I headed to lunch at the Porch.  It was a steamy day and with the restaurant being open air, I almost canceled.  I’m so glad I didn’t because I ate some really good food.

I started with a refreshing and flavorful red snapper ceviche.  I think it’s a little weird that it isn’t served with any chips, but I got plenty of carbs snacking on that cheese garlic bread they serve at the porch anyway.

For my main, I decided to try out the chicken wings.  I’ve always skipped right over these on the porch menu because there’s so many good seafood dishes there.  The wings definitely hold their own though!  I got mine with the Asian sesame sauce and it was delicious.  The chicken was so juicy and tender and I love that they made the wings into little lollipops you can eat without getting your hands completely messy and sticky.  I of course wrapped up with my go to dessert of the vanilla and Oreo cheesecake puree.

After lunch I hit the pool very briefly then headed to the air conditioning of my room where I found that Kati and I’s monogrammed pajamas had been delivered.  The shoreside concierge emailed in advance to get our sizes and monogramming instructions and everything was as requested.  

After a few work projects and an afternoon nap, I got myself ready and went for another glass of Freemark at Cellar Masters, followed by a peaches and bourbon date with Sergia in Michael’s club, then it was off to Tuscan Grill dinner #3.  

I think this was my best one yet in terms of both the food and the service.  I started by trying something new and having the minestrone soup and really liked it.  Most Italian places in St. Louis put ditalini pasta in their minestrone, but I didn’t miss it at all.  

For my main course, I went to old favorites the ribeye steak and half order of spaghetti and meatballs side and I was very happy with both.

For dessert, I ordered the fig gelato and my server Jason asked if I’d ever tried it combined with a scoop of vanilla gelato.  I hadn’t, and it rocked my world.  The flavors dance together perfectly.  From now on I’m ordering one scoop fig gelato and one scoop vanilla.

On my way back to finish the night with one last veranda bubble bath I found a little cruising buddy to take home to GenZ and hide on our Beyond cruise next month.

I’ll be hanging up here with some sangria for a bit then will stop my my new more meager accommodations before one last embarkation lunch in Luminae.

IMG_9100.thumb.jpeg.2a91b5c02108c9b918060fe4e0547571.jpeg

IMG_9102.thumb.jpeg.18255234ea5070bff3738b38114f7ba0.jpeg

IMG_9105.thumb.jpeg.71726ed1c584b76c078c2ff7aba4c2df.jpeg

IMG_9106.thumb.jpeg.23428e0a7eb67aa6eaf9c71e6283bb33.jpeg

IMG_9107.thumb.jpeg.6dc952d6098df560dc6f8fb14e353957.jpeg

IMG_9111.thumb.jpeg.52254bfb7642d812b28017e564e9f234.jpeg

IMG_9112.thumb.jpeg.8171832cc553cef0276472a7e57abf00.jpeg

IMG_9113.thumb.jpeg.0eba5c26c4d89f9f2767cee968f04b22.jpeg

IMG_9115.thumb.jpeg.fef0138ea67e36a7e6ce8e0a12336fab.jpeg

IMG_9116.thumb.jpeg.bf271a8f991517f9f82afa7626392d9e.jpeg

• Like 12

Are your sunflower dress and your flamingo Pride dress from the same company as your map dress? They look familiar to me.  I have their map dress and their dinosaur dress. Since your Tuscan experience was so positive, we may go back on next cruise. Haven't been for a few cruises. Now that we get the Zenith discount, that will help with the very high price!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 39august said:

Are your sunflower dress and your flamingo Pride dress from the same company as your map dress? They look familiar to me.  I have their map dress and their dinosaur dress. Since your Tuscan experience was so positive, we may go back on next cruise. Haven't been for a few cruises. Now that we get the Zenith discount, that will help with the very high price!

Yes the flamingo pride dress is from the same company as the map dresses!

The sunflower dress is from a different company but still an Amazon find.  Very comfy, inexpensive, travels well, generously cut to hide the effects on the hips of a week of starting every day with a danish.

I have it in 3 prints!

https://a.co/d/01ctcoxO

• Like 6

Holy moly donut shop, CC.  What a difference a night makes in a cruise vibe…

Today after sailaway  I went down to unpack in my new digs.  

On my way down the hallway I passed a little boy about 5 years old who was having an on the floor, kicking and screaming meltdown because he didn’t want to put on his muster station wristband.  I just stepped over him and asked his mama if she’d like to have my Mai tai that I’d just had Sergia make me to drink while I unpacked.

My new butler Joshua arrived at my room shortly after I did to introduce himself and ask about my preferences for stocking the mini bar.

Once I finished unpacking I laid down to take a little nap before dinner.  I woke up, dressed, and stepped out of my stateroom into Margaritaville at Sea.  I’m not even exaggerating.  As in the minute I stepped out of my room into the foyer I was BLASTED in the face by the blarring base of LMFAO’s “Shots! Shots! Shots!”

I got on the elevator and when it stopped 2 floors below, two ladies in their 20’s wearing matching midriff t-shirts, tennis skirts and gym shoes twerked (literally) their way onto the elevator with me.  

I thought they might have been a bit underdressed, but then I got a report that there were two ladies wearing nothing but crocheted bikinis having drinks at the martini bar.  So I guess it’s just me that didn’t get the new cruise dress code memo. 🤦🏾‍♀️

But wait, it gets worse…

The south beach club music was a little too much for me before I even had a happy hour cocktail in me, so I sat at the bar for the live acoustic duo in the ensemble lounge for my pre-dinner drink.  When I got there, Sergia and Sebastian were dealing with two gentlemen (I’m using the term very loosely) who were sunburned to a crisp and so intoxicated they could barely string consonant sounds together.

To Sergia and Sebastian’s credit, they politely told the men that they couldn’t serve them anything other than water at this time.  The men first attempted to solve this issue by waving a hundred dollar bill in Sergia’s face and telling her “I suggest you take this!” while knocking over a bar chair with their stumbling.

When this didn’t work, one of them disappeared for a minute and came back with the bottle of red wine you get as your welcome bottle in concierge/aqua, etc.  They poured the wine into two highball glasses (that they’d been given for water),  filled them to the brim and slammed them like they were drinking Busch Light at a bachelor party.  Then they started talking loudly about how “dumb” (I’m censoring, they used much cruder language) Sergia and Sebastian  were for not serving them because they were going to get alcohol one way or another.

I messaged Jeremy and warned him I may be about to end up in the brig because I wasn’t having any more of this behavior towards the crew.  He messaged back telling me he didn’t want me to risk my safety being solo the next 2 days by getting involved and to go to Michael’s club and have the concierge call security.  I was getting up to do just that when I saw that Sebastian had used the time while the guys were distracted with their cheap wine chugging contest to call security himself and an officer had just arrived.

His presence alone seemed to be enough to send the guys stumbling off and the officer followed behind them at a distance.

I’ve never been so glad to retreat into the sanctuary of Murano, which is surprisingly empty (or maybe not surprising, I’m getting the sense this isn’t exactly a fine French cuisine savvy set we’re sailing with). 

I’m not sure what my late evening plan will be, but full transparency I actually may be a little scared to try and party with this particular lot.  

A chocolate soufflé and a glass of tawny port followed by a bubble bath with my book and a glass of wine is sounding like a much better life choice right now.

I’ll make a lap of the ship after dinner and feel things out.

Soon to come: a report on my new stateroom and Luminae embarkation lunch.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GenerationX said:

Holy moly donut shop, CC.  What a difference a night makes in a cruise vibe…

Today after sailaway  I went down to unpack in my new digs.  

On my way down the hallway I passed a little boy about 5 years old who was having an on the floor, kicking and screaming meltdown because he didn’t want to put on his muster station wristband.  I just stepped over him and asked his mama if she’d like to have my Mai tai that I’d just had Sergia make me to drink while I unpacked.

My new butler Joshua arrived at my room shortly after I did to introduce himself and ask about my preferences for stocking the mini bar.

Once I finished unpacking I laid down to take a little nap before dinner.  I woke up, dressed, and stepped out of my stateroom into Margaritaville at Sea.  I’m not even exaggerating.  As in the minute I stepped out of my room into the foyer I was BLASTED in the face by the blarring base of LMFAO’s “Shots! Shots! Shots!”

I got on the elevator and when it stopped 2 floors below, two ladies in their 20’s wearing matching midriff t-shirts, tennis skirts and gym shoes twerked (literally) their way onto the elevator with me.  

I thought they might have been a bit underdressed, but then I got a report that there were two ladies wearing nothing but crocheted bikinis having drinks at the martini bar.  So I guess it’s just me that didn’t get the new cruise dress code memo. 🤦🏾‍♀️

But wait, it gets worse…

The south beach club music was a little too much for me before I even had a happy hour cocktail in me, so I sat at the bar for the live acoustic duo in the ensemble lounge for my pre-dinner drink.  When I got there, Sergia and Sebastian were dealing with two gentlemen (I’m using the term very loosely) who were sunburned to a crisp and so intoxicated they could barely string consonant sounds together.

To Sergia and Sebastian’s credit, they politely told the men that they couldn’t serve them anything other than water at this time.  The men first attempted to solve this issue by waving a hundred dollar bill in Sergia’s face and telling her “I suggest you take this!” while knocking over a bar chair with their stumbling.

When this didn’t work, one of them disappeared for a minute and came back with the bottle of red wine you get as your welcome bottle in concierge/aqua, etc.  They poured the wine into two highball glasses (that they’d been given for water),  filled them to the brim and slammed them like they were drinking Busch Light at a bachelor party.  Then they started talking loudly about how “dumb” (I’m censoring, they used much cruder language) Sergia and Sebastian  were for not serving them because they were going to get alcohol one way or another.

I messaged Jeremy and warned him I may be about to end up in the brig because I wasn’t having any more of this behavior towards the crew.  He messaged back telling me he didn’t want me to risk my safety being solo the next 2 days by getting involved and to go to Michael’s club and have the concierge call security.  I was getting up to do just that when I saw that Sebastian had used the time while the guys were distracted with their cheap wine chugging contest to call security himself and an officer had just arrived.

His presence alone seemed to be enough to send the guys stumbling off and the officer followed behind them at a distance.

I’ve never been so glad to retreat into the sanctuary of Murano, which is surprisingly empty (or maybe not surprising, I’m getting the sense this isn’t exactly a fine French cuisine savvy set we’re sailing with). 

I’m not sure what my late evening plan will be, but full transparency I actually may be a little scared to try and party with this particular lot.  

A chocolate soufflé and a glass of tawny port followed by a bubble bath with my book and a glass of wine is sounding like a much better life choice right now.

I’ll make a lap of the ship after dinner and feel things out.

Soon to come: a report on my new stateroom and Luminae embarkation lunch.

OMG…are you sure you didn’t make a wrong turn in the terminal during turnaround and end up on a Carnival ship 😱.

Stay safe!
Susan 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8