Merged - TA Pop Ups

Is it me? For the last few day I keep getting screen covering and intrusive pop ups from Kenwood Travel .... whoever they may be. They usual occur on the first two or three pages I open.

I don't know if this is genuine or a hack, but if the former then thereis a loss of credibility in my eyes, and if the latter I view them as spam.

In the last couple of days every time I click on cruise critic an annoying advert springs across asking me do I want to enter a draw from a travel agent, is anyone else getting this please? I cannot block it it seems? 

Not unique to this forum but there is a pop up from a UK agency coming up every time I open a new forum or thread on cruise critic. Not even my usual blocker seems able to squish it. Host Jazzbeau is this genuine or a hack because it’s an absolute turn off! 

• Thanks 2

I thought it was me. I get it two or three times per session,

The design of the graphics is identical in many ways to the pics / ads on CC.  There is another thread on the 'help with forums' page as well.

People are NOT impressed with what can best be described as spam.

• Like 1

I should probably have said....I too am in the UK. 

I thought it was on my profile but see it isn't.  And it's always useful to see where people are located.  I assume this is just a problem for the UK based??

I Just asked elsewhere about this. It's really annoying. CruiseCritic have never been brazen about the fact that the whole reason that these boards exist is because the site is supported and funded by a company that ultimately wants to sell you a cruise but spamming us repeatedly changes things considerably. Please make it stop. 

• Host Hattie changed the title to Merged - TA Pop Ups
9 minutes ago, broberts said:

Has anyone tried instructing the browser to not allow popups? In Android Chrome: Settings, Site Settings, Pop-ups and redirects.

I have a pop up blocker on my browser but it makes absolutely no difference.  It is a very fierce blocker set up by a work client who is security paranoid

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

It's most likely an ad being provided by the third party provider Cruise Critic contracts with.

Well if anyone is looking at this from Cruise Critic please get rid ASAP.  What else is this "intruder mining??

It is beyond a joke and is doing your site no favours.  At least on other social sites where I share cruise information my viewing is not intruded on like this.

Obviously someone is looking at these posts as mine was moved from one of the forums to this general site.

But will anything be done about it??????????

Edited by uktog