6/20/24: Double Cruise Credits for Captain's Circle Guests with Princess Cruises' New Loyalty Accelerator Program

It does seem like this does not apply to UK.    That does seem very odd, to potentially increase loyalty status for only some.

To us it does not really matter, we meet Elite after our next cruise, and we do not anticipate being invited to a most travelled guest dining event.

NB: As stated earlier UK was given a small window of 50% off Plus package last year.  I cancelled a cruise and booked again because it was such a saving.

Mind you, that cruise was Norwegian Fjords(Southampton to Southampton), we would have liked a few more Americans on board.    Bit too much of a British feel, for a British National.

12 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

To the contrary, I fly to Europe so I can take longer cruises.  7 day cruises don't quite do it for me. 

This is the first time that a loyalty accelerator has been offered in the US.  We don't even know if this will continue past the 4 month pilot. 

Nor me, we like to do 14 days minimum. However, it's easy to go up a level with a few short cruises and we don't have that option.

1 hour ago, BobandLizM said:

Mind you, that cruise was Norwegian Fjords(Southampton to Southampton), we would have liked a few more Americans on board.    Bit too much of a British feel, for a British National.

We’ve booked Sky Princess next year sailing from Southampton and I am fearful of all the Brits on board.

We usually cruise the Med’ so there’s a great mix of nationalities.

When I go on holiday I want to get away from Britain, not take it with me!😩

Edited by Esprit
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Then why did Princess say this on their website, lol…

IMG_9892.jpeg

So it means cruise credits are doubled for Elite guests taking advantage of this, not cruise days, for purposes of MTG? I thought cruise credits were the tiebreaker. That's not a big deal, I would think? Since they abolished the loyalty OBC and the multiples of 25 cruise credits getting breakfast at Sabatini's, cruise credits don't seem too meaningful at the Elite level. 

Edited by Wehwalt

18 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Personally, I would prefer to see levels increase due to days at sea rather than number of cruise credits. I'm pretty sure that is how it was originally structured.

That is exactly how it was set up   Cruise days was the only thing that counted. We have been sailing Princess since 1990

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Personally, I would prefer to see levels increase due to days at sea rather than number of cruise credits. I'm pretty sure that is how it was originally structured.

We agree. Even though we are Elite now, it was kind of annoying that we got 1 cruise credit for our 25 day Easter Island cruise while someone else would get 1 cruise credit for going on a 2 day cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wehwalt said:

So it means cruise credits are doubled for Elite guests taking advantage of this, not cruise days,

No, both will be doubled.  The below is from the promotion's FAQ's...

ANY guest who purchases Princess Plus or Princess Premier package at least two days prior to sailing and who sails during the sailing time period (August 1 – December 1, 2024) qualifies and will have their cruise and # of days cruised count double towards their Captain’s Circle level achievement.

• Like 1

Ok all you knowledgeable Princess interpreters. (I have the foggiest idea)  How will a cruise that starts on 7/26/24 and ends on 8/5/24 be counted?  Not that it matters to me, as I am already elite but my travel companion will be 11 days away from Elite.

5 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

Ok all you knowledgeable Princess interpreters. (I have the foggiest idea)  How will a cruise that starts on 7/26/24 and ends on 8/5/24 be counted?  Not that it matters to me, as I am already elite but my travel companion will be 11 days away from Elite.

I don't think that it will count as it states 'voyages embarking between August 1 and December'

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rosevew said:

I don't think that it will count as it states 'voyages embarking between August 1 and December'

The below is also on the promotion's FAQ's...

Guests sailing on any Princess cruise that departs between August 1, 2024 and December 1, 2024 who add the Princess Plus package OR the Princess Premier package to their booking.  The Princess Plus or Princess Premier package must be added to the booking at least 2 days prior to embarkation day.  All guests, (this includes all U.S. and all non-U.S. resident guests) who meet these criteria are eligible.

For anyone wanting to read all of the FAQ's associated with this promotion, link below...

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/double-the-love

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rosevew said:

Another attempt at chat has elicited the message that booked UK cruisers will get an email in July about it. Guess it's a case of wait and see, since they clearly don't know what's happening! .

14 minutes ago, Boku said:

Yes it does, I found this on the UK website, it is not easy to find.

https://www.princess.com/en-uk/cruise-deals-promotions/double-the-love

Two people at the UK office said that it's not for the UK. Eventually, a supervisor said that those booked will get emails in July but I'm not sure that's much use for people who might choose to book on the basis of the offer.

Where did you actually find it? I've seen the link you show but can't actually find it myself by trawling the website.

14 minutes ago, rosevew said:

Two people at the UK office said that it's not for the UK. Eventually, a supervisor said that those booked will get emails in July but I'm not sure that's much use for people who might choose to book on the basis of the offer.

Where did you actually find it? I've seen the link you show but can't actually find it myself by trawling the website.

You won't find the link by via the website, presumably the link is there ready for the UK announcement.

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

The below is also on the promotion's FAQ's...

Guests sailing on any Princess cruise that departs between August 1, 2024 and December 1, 2024 who add the Princess Plus package OR the Princess Premier package to their booking.  The Princess Plus or Princess Premier package must be added to the booking at least 2 days prior to embarkation day.  All guests, (this includes all U.S. and all non-U.S. resident guests) who meet these criteria are eligible.

For anyone wanting to read all of the FAQ's associated with this promotion, link below...

So once again Princess give conflicting statements. Thank you for the link

• Like 1

If I have understood correctly, you were having problems not being able to see offer.

i logged in to Princess, used news centre link at bottom of home page and followed the links.

1 hour ago, Boku said:

You won't find the link by via the website, presumably the link is there ready for the UK announcement.

IMG_0607.png

IMG_0608.png

IMG_0609.png

IMG_0610.png

32 minutes ago, BobandLizM said:

If I have understood correctly, you were having problems not being able to see offer.

i logged in to Princess, used news centre link at bottom of home page and followed the links.

IMG_0607.png

IMG_0608.png

IMG_0609.png

IMG_0610.png

But that link takes you to US information if you look at the link for more information. Following that link makes no reference to UK passengers

The UK is not listed in these T&C’s. Scroll to the bottom of the attached link.

Terms & Conditions

Loyalty Accelerator Terms: The Loyalty Accelerator “Offer” is only available to legal residents of US/DC, Australia, & Canada and allows a guest booking an eligible cruise with the Princess Plus or Princess Premier package to receive double cruise credits for such booking. To be eligible, guest must book on, or upgrade to, Princess Plus or Princess Premier package no later than 2 days prior to embarkation on a Princess Cruise departing between 8/1/2024 and 12/1/2024. Upon completing the eligible cruise, the eligible guest will receive the credits. Doubled credits shall be automatically deposited into guest’s Captain Circle account after completion of eligible cruise sailing. All Captain’s Circle™ and Princess Plus and Princess Premier terms and conditions apply (including that Captain’s Circle tier calculation and doubling only applies to cruise portion of the trip). Offers and their parts (if any) are not substitutable. Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. (“PCL”) is not responsible or liable for any errors, including technological or other errors. PCL may change or revoke Offer at any time.

Edited by t&atravel

8 hours ago, memoak said:

That is exactly how it was set up   Cruise days was the only thing that counted. We have been sailing Princess since 1990

Our first cruise wasn't until 2011 but we did make Elite based on days at sea. Our 14th cruise was our first as Elite even though we took a couple of 4 day cruises due to work.

Loyalty Programs are, always have been, and always will be marketing programs. They only exist because they return more revenue to the cruise line, or other business than they cost.

In this case the cruise line has a vested interest in getting people to buy packages. If this program provides some incentive for some people that would not buy packaged to do so then it is their interest.

Most of the benefits do not have any additional cost to the cruise line, they are mostly service related and the labor costs are pretty much fixed. A little more detergent for laundry, a little more cost for the minibar setups, etc. Pretty minimal costs if they sell more packages, and especially if those that try them continue to buy them after the program ends.

7 hours ago, t&atravel said:

The UK is not listed in these T&C’s. Scroll to the bottom of the attached link.

Terms & Conditions

Loyalty Accelerator Terms: The Loyalty Accelerator “Offer” is only available to legal residents of US/DC, Australia, & Canada and allows a guest booking an eligible cruise with the Princess Plus or Princess Premier package to receive double cruise credits for such booking. To be eligible, guest must book on, or upgrade to, Princess Plus or Princess Premier package no later than 2 days prior to embarkation on a Princess Cruise departing between 8/1/2024 and 12/1/2024. Upon completing the eligible cruise, the eligible guest will receive the credits. Doubled credits shall be automatically deposited into guest’s Captain Circle account after completion of eligible cruise sailing. All Captain’s Circle™ and Princess Plus and Princess Premier terms and conditions apply (including that Captain’s Circle tier calculation and doubling only applies to cruise portion of the trip). Offers and their parts (if any) are not substitutable. Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. (“PCL”) is not responsible or liable for any errors, including technological or other errors. PCL may change or revoke Offer at any time.

I am aware of that but that's on the US website. It's detailed differently on the UK link.

On 6/20/2024 at 2:05 PM, memoak said:

We only sail in Royal class if it is an itinerary we really want and have no real urge to sail the sphere class. We stick to Grand class ships 90% of the time. Have no use for water slides and go carts. But we do love the savings the plus package gives us

I feel the same way on Princess and Celebrity. I thought the Royal Class ships were bad enough with the smaller balconies than the Grand Class but Celebrity trumped Princess on the E class ships by turning all standard balconies into an ocean view with a slide down window like a car. Those Royal class balconies are starting to look good now. They also tweaked their program by matching your status from their other lines. I got bumped up on Celebrity because of my status on Royal Caribbean. I am no where near the top tier on any of the lines because we aren't loyal to one. I don't see any value in any of the perks they offer especially if you are buying a drink and internet package. Never say never but I don't think Princess will ever become Royal Caribbean with rides. The Carnival brand speaks to that.

• Like 1