Booked a Cruise Only cabin but was charged for extras

cruzemaven

Just received my email invoice for the “ cruise only” cabin we just booked and found that we were charged a few hundred dollars more for a drink package and Wi-Fi that was never ordered.  This reservation was made by speaking directly to a Celebrity representative who told us that the OV cabin we booked for a 4 day cruise on The Reflection would be $379 a person plus port charges and taxes. Just called Celebrity and told them they charged us for something we didn’t want…they said they would listen to the original phone call. Has this happened to anyone else?

I always use a TA so have no personal experience with this situation but I would call back and speak to another agent and possibly have them escalate to a supervisor.  You could also call your CC company and ask them to put a hold on the charge until Celebrity has listened to the recording of the call and gotten back with you.

58 minutes ago, cruzemaven said:

Just received my email invoice for the “ cruise only” cabin we just booked and found that we were charged a few hundred dollars more for a drink package and Wi-Fi that was never ordered.  This reservation was made by speaking directly to a Celebrity representative who told us that the OV cabin we booked for a 4 day cruise on The Reflection would be $379 a person plus port charges and taxes. Just called Celebrity and told them they charged us for something we didn’t want…they said they would listen to the original phone call. Has this happened to anyone else?

It’s never happened to me, but I always have them send me the confirmation email while I am on the call with them.  If they review the call, I have no doubt that they will rectify the mistake.

2 hours ago, cruzemaven said:

The sales rep only quoted the cruise only price plus port charges and taxes and never asked us if we wanted the drink package or the Wi-Fi but we were charged for it on our invoice- still haven’t heard back from Celebrity about this after complaining to them two days ago.

This is something that can be fixed on the spot. I'm not sure why you have to 'wait'. There's nothing to research,tell them that's not what you booked and you want it rectified right then and there. Escalate to a supervisor if needed. You need to be more insistent on what you want them to do. 

• Like 2

What!!!  You should not be waiting for a call back on something this simple.  All they have to do is reprice the booking to cruise only.   I do remember that one of our sailings went down in price four times!  One time the rep when repricing charged for the beverage package and Wi-Fi.  I called back and it was fixed then.  

Maybe some of the rest of you would know.    If the Drink package and Wifi were add on's,  Couldn't they just go into the order history and cancel or couldn't the Celebrity Agent do the same.    I know if I were to have added it after booking the cruise I can cancel any purchase with no penalty.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Maybe some of the rest of you would know.    If the Drink package and Wifi were add on's,  Couldn't they just go into the order history and cancel or couldn't the Celebrity Agent do the same.    I know if I were to have added it after booking the cruise I can cancel any purchase with no penalty.

Not if it is a AI fare.  If they were purchases after booking you can, as you say, cancel those.

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

Not if it is a AI fare.  If they were purchases after booking you can, as you say, cancel those.

Gotcha --- so if for example on initial booking you chose all inclusive then it can't be broken apart.

On 6/27/2024 at 2:00 PM, cruzemaven said:

The sales rep only quoted the cruise only price plus port charges and taxes and never asked us if we wanted the drink package or the Wi-Fi but we were charged for it on our invoice- still haven’t heard back from Celebrity about this after complaining to them two days ago.

Are you sure that you did not book a cruise with AI?  I suspect that may be what is indicated on your invoice.  It would be unusual to see a Cruise only booking with a separate addition of a Drink package and Wi-if as individual items.  (And an expensive way to book a cruise).

It sure seems like a simple fix.  

Once we received the invoice, we called back Celebrity immediately to find out why the charge on the invoice was $500.00 more than what we were told it would be. The “supervisor “ told us that the extra charge included a drink package and Wi-Fi. We told him we never asked for that and Celebrity had no right to charge us for it. He said he would have to listen to the original phone call that they have on tape and he would call back in 48-72 hours. We normally book a cabin online on the Celebrity website- this is the first time we booked a cabin with a representative on the phone. We’ve sailed many times on Celebrity and this has never happened before.

Edited by cruzemaven

7 hours ago, cruzemaven said:

Once we received the invoice, we called back Celebrity immediately to find out why the charge on the invoice was $500.00 more than what we were told it would be. The “supervisor “ told us that the extra charge included a drink package and Wi-Fi. We told him we never asked for that and Celebrity had no right to charge us for it. He said he would have to listen to the original phone call that they have on tape and he would call back in 48-72 hours. We normally book a cabin online on the Celebrity website- this is the first time we booked a cabin with a representative on the phone. We’ve sailed many times on Celebrity and this has never happened before.

Your first post was Wednesday. Did you call again yesterday on Friday? 

10 hours ago, cruzemaven said:

You basically said exactly this in your original post.  I think we’d mostly be interested in your resolution.

Curious: Did the OP use their phone and/or purchase beverages while on the sailing? If they did so, and their account did not show charges, then they clearly had the AI package. (I always review my account while onboard.) If you buy a drink with your card and a charge doesn't appear, there's your answer. That's probably the optimum time to question the matter with Guest Services. 

5 minutes ago, AC Stew said:

Curious: Did the OP use their phone and/or purchase beverages while on the sailing? If they did so, and their account did not show charges, then they clearly had the AI package. (I always review my account while onboard.) If you buy a drink with your card and a charge doesn't appear, there's your answer. That's probably the optimum time to question the matter with Guest Services. 

The OP hasn't sailed yet. They are talking about the initial booking invoice, NOT the onboard cabin charges. You're confusing the OP's situation.

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Your first post was Wednesday. Did you call again yesterday on Friday? 

We were hoping they would call us back as they said they would- but at this point we will call them again- it shouldn’t have taken them this long to review the original taped phone call of the cabin booking 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by cruzemaven

Just now, cruzemaven said:

Was hoping they would call us back as they said they would- but at this point we will call them again- it shouldn’t have taken them this long to review the original taped phone call of the cabin booking 🤷🏻‍♀️

Very true. Unfortunately in these kinds of situations you need to be a little more proactive and forceful with asking for immediate results. 

• Like 1