new advertisement from celeb: "We’ll hold a lounge chair for you"

2NHcruisers

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I disagree. It is completely tone deaf with the uproar about lounge chairs on balconies. 

I don’t think the 20 or so irate folks on here are representative of the thousands who sail Celebrity every day.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

LOLOL

Yeah, I got the email but didn't interpret it in a negative way. Granted, I get so many marketing emails from X that I really just barely glance at the subject before I hit 'trash'. 

I think the 'uproar' is limited to those who are active on social media and in particular, on this board. 

Yes, all 20 of them 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Totally tone deaf and insulting to say the least!  Maybe it is a precursor to the next campaign announcing that they will hold a lounger for you and your private verandah.  For a price, of course!

Not to their target audience, of which I am not one, though I still find it very clever.

5 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Please don't be including me as one of your 20 - I find this whole thing amusing.

Well you’re chatting at a guy that on his next cruise will have a red hammock on his balcony for 15 nights.  And I am sure it doesn’t recline or have a footstool.

Edited by Liao
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Liao said:

Well you’re chatting at a guy that on his next cruise will have a red hammock on his balcony for 15 nights.  And I am sure it doesn’t recline or have a footstool.

I find it amusing as well. It seems like such a small thing to get your knickers in a twist over, but to each their own.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

That's what I thought.  We've heard that Celebrity is monitoring the online debates regarding the removal of balcony loungers.  Now they decide to send out an email marketing campaign specifying saving me a lounger?  Coincidence?

Sure, they'll hold a lounge chair for you. Just not in any location where you'd actually want to use it... like on your own private balcony!

And you will PAY!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

... and the lounge chair is "being held" on a beach and not on the ship .... 

I thought they were getting up early and putting a towel out just for those that got the ad.

Does seem like a strange ad after removing all the loungers from the cabins.    Just rubbing it in I guess.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Does seem like a strange ad after removing all the loungers from the cabins.    Just rubbing it in I guess.

Maybe they are taking them off the balconies so they will have more to put around the pool and reduce the number of complaints about chair hogs since there will be more loungers at the pools. 

Who know what goes on in the minds of the decision makers at Celebrity.  They have never asked me before they made their decisions. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I thought they were getting up early and putting a towel out just for those that got the ad.

Don’t you think they are bragging about  beach lounger in their ad.  Katie

6 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

I think the 'uproar' is limited to those who are active on social media and in particular, on this board. 

Or perhaps, someone who has never had a balcony with a lounge chair doesn’t know what they’re missing, so they don’t know that they should be causing an uproar? I think Celebrity is just playing the odds.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Or perhaps, someone who has never had a balcony with a lounge chair doesn’t know what they’re missing, so they don’t know that they should be causing an uproar? I think Celebrity is just playing the odds.

Nahhhh. My opinion and everyone is welcome to disagree with me. I think the vast majority of people who go on cruises don’t care. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, samplecd02 said:

I find it amusing as well. It seems like such a small thing to get your knickers in a twist over, but to each their own.

it is not a small thing to everyone.  One of our primary pleasures on a cruise is spending many hours on our balcony relaxing, watching the ocean, reading, napping, etc..  For us this is a very big deal.  The chairs they have out there now are so uncomfortable, and no footstools and now no loungers.  I cruise Celebrity 7-10 times a year so I don't find it amusing at all.  And if they don't change it I likely will change cruise lines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

I think the vast majority of people who go on cruises don’t care. 

Au contraire! Over a great many years, we've invested a whole lot of extra bucks for cabins with the big balconies. On occasion, an S1, but more often, the Millenium Class aft C1s (now known as SVs). We make full use of enjoying the loungers. They're an integral component of "relax time" on our upgraded balconies.

We're deeply annoyed about this "uniquely Celebrity" move to diminish our sailing experience. Perhaps cruisers who sail in inside/window or entry level balconies "don't care." But I can assure you, on Celebrity, a heckuva lot of us do care! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It just says that they are holding it; In no way does it say you will get one.  The saga goes on and on because of the right hand, left hand scenario.  Pretty soon whomever is holding it will put it down and it will disappear into the abyss, maybe returning as a special for 35% off.🤑