Plus package - bottled water and cans of soft drinks

12 hours ago, shopgirl151 said:

I know the 15 drink limit is for alcoholic drinks.  However I have seen many Facebook posts from people currently on cruises that the bottled water and cans of soda were being counted towards the 15? 

Anyone experience this lately? 

Thanks

No way.  Why would it?

8 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Incorrect.

Canned sodas are included in the packages. 

When did you experience this?  Where is your (outdated) information from?

I keep reading this but I have never been given a can of soda, only fountain. One time I asked if there was any root beer included with the plus package and I was given a can of root beer but then they charged me. I haven’t sailed since March 2023 so did it start after that? 

4 hours ago, akaCruiser said:

Any can of pop including tonic / Soda water are included as unlimited and not charged. I would normally watch if the bar was giving out cans or using the fountain gun. When I found that the back bar on the pool deck was only giving glass of pop, I avoid getting my drinks from that bar as I rather have the can and sometimes order two so that I could take one back to the cabin. As for water bottles, I would ask for four 500 ml bottles, so that I could store a few in the cabin fridge.

This is very close to my experience, including several cruises within the past year.

53 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I keep reading this but I have never been given a can of soda, only fountain. One time I asked if there was any root beer included with the plus package and I was given a can of root beer but then they charged me. I haven’t sailed since March 2023 so did it start after that? 

Even if they charged you, you should have received a discount.

• Like 1

If you have the Plus or Premier packages, the latest terms don't charge for cans of pop. As far as Aug 2023 on the Crown Princess, when I had Plus I got cans of pop at most bars and in the MDR. I only found one bar at the back of the ship did they actually served pop by the glass.

10 hours ago, Spudd said:

The cans used to not be included but now they are - at least on Emerald in April they were.

Agree, Cans of soda were included in the premier package on Emerald in April/May. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I was never charged for cans of soda in March 2024. Actually I was never served fountain soda, only cans. I do consume lots of soda on deck. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I sailed in August 2022 and the cans were extra. Then I sailed in April 2024 and they were included. So sometime in there!

• Like 1

The only limit on any beverage is alcohol. You are allowed 15 alcoholic beverages a day. Everything else is unlimited. 

also, check your package as glasses of soda and cans are too separate issues. It states that glasses of soda are included and cans receive a 25% discount. Others have said they received can at no additional charge. Just be careful so you do not incur extra expenses. 

My membership organization has a bar. Princess may be experiencing what we are here with fountain soda in New York. The traditional tanks with syrup are being eliminated and a new system is being implemented with box syrup and a different type of carbonation tanks. As a result, there is an expense to change over. On top of that the system is more expensive to maintain and there is more waste. As a result, we are changing to cans/bottles. Princess may be doing the same as it may be cheaper.

Regarding Facebook, I lurk there often. I do find many uniformed also. However, the # of 1st time cruisers is substantially higher than on CC and the responders are not as informed. I find I am correcting many people or answering questions with the information I have received here on CC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mike A said:

My membership organization has a bar. Princess may be experiencing what we are here with fountain soda in New York. The traditional tanks with syrup are being eliminated and a new system is being implemented with box syrup and a different type of carbonation tanks. As a result, there is an expense to change over. On top of that the system is more expensive to maintain and there is more waste. As a result, we are changing to cans/bottles. Princess may be doing the same as it may be cheaper.

Regarding Facebook, I lurk there often. I do find many uniformed also. However, the # of 1st time cruisers is substantially higher than on CC and the responders are not as informed. I find I am correcting many people or answering questions with the information I have received here on CC.

Thanks for the info about switching to packaged beverages -- that makes a lot of sense. I agree with you about other online sources too. They are frequently incorrect and if I respond at all it's usually to point them to the source -- Princess' website. 90% of their questions could be answered if they'd look there first rather than asking a group of random, uninformed online people.

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I haven’t sailed since March 2023 so did it start after that? 

We've sailed 3 times since then on 3 different ships, and cans have been included in the package.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, arles7 said:

You mention cans of soda, these are NOT included in the packages

yes, they are.

P.S. Yes, I see that I am late to the party.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

We will be on Sky Princess embarking tommorow - Yay!  

We really, really like having cans/bottles of tonic/seltzer/some-sort-of-water-with-bubbles and in the fridge in our room.  From reading this thread, it sounds like I should be able to get some can/bottles that I can bring back to the room.  Right?   Should I be able to get these are most bars or only certain bars?  

Thank you!

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

We will be on Sky Princess embarking tommorow - Yay!  

We really, really like having cans/bottles of tonic/seltzer/some-sort-of-water-with-bubbles and in the fridge in our room.  From reading this thread, it sounds like I should be able to get some can/bottles that I can bring back to the room.  Right?   Should I be able to get these are most bars or only certain bars?  

Thank you!

You can order from Room Service and they will deliver them to your cabin.  Otherwise, yes, you can haul them back from any bar.

14 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

You can order from Room Service and they will deliver them to your cabin. 

And with the Premiere package, that would be free/included in the package, right?  I'm not used to this idea of room service being free if that is the case.  

Thank you for your reply!

11 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

And with the Premiere package, that would be free/included in the package, right?  I'm not used to this idea of room service being free if that is the case.  

Free with both Plus and Premiere packages.  If you order on the app, it will give you a price and then zero it out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Room Service is included with the premier and plus fares, ordering by the Ocean Now app or by the phone. Beverages that are included with these fares are also included with room service. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 9:10 AM, shopgirl151 said:

I know the 15 drink limit is for alcoholic drinks.  However I have seen many Facebook posts from people currently on cruises that the bottled water and cans of soda were being counted towards the 15? 

Thanks

No

21 hours ago, cruise4mom said:

The only limit on any beverage is alcohol. You are allowed 15 alcoholic beverages a day. Everything else is unlimited. 

also, check your package as glasses of soda and cans are too separate issues. It states that glasses of soda are included and cans receive a 25% discount. Others have said they received can at no additional charge. Just be careful so you do not incur extra expenses. 

The information online is outdated. Sodas in cans have been included at no charge for the past year. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

The information online is outdated. Sodas in cans have been included at no charge for the past year. 

Not on all ships. Our last cruise last May was only glasses no cans.

40 minutes ago, cruise4mom said:

Not on all ships. Our last cruise last May was only glasses no cans.

Which ship were you on? Also was it May 2024 or 2023?

• Like 1

One thing that can be confusing is that a drink might show up for a charge in the "orders" part of the app, but there's zero in the folio from your profile page. I had several "orders" with money totals attached, but ended the cruise with a zero due in the folio except for an airport transfer at the end.

On 7/10/2024 at 6:10 AM, shopgirl151 said:

Thanks

You can view the terms of the Plus package  at https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/beverages

Here is specific to the drink limit though:

image.png.4963a4c0eb7674f894ffd4610fdbae6a.png