Infinite Balcony Question

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, zitsky said:

How big are they now?  How big do they need to be?

It’s 87F outside right now.  I don’t open my windows.  I want to keep the heat and humidity outside.

One would think that the environmental people would be up in arms about this?  Leave the window open and then cool down the IV/house afterwards? 👽

My father would not have allowed this energy waste...

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Liao said:

A balcony projects off the side.  My 'HUH" was in reference to this.

Are you saying that a balcony does not extend beyond the wall of a structure?

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

How big are they now?  How big do they need to be?

It’s 87F outside right now.  I don’t open my windows.  I want to keep the heat and humidity outside.

I think that an additional 5 ton AC unit per IV would be adequate to cool them down in a timely manner.  Going from 90 degrees to 70 degrees is a big ask.

Posted (edited)

And if the back of the ships were mostly always facing east wouldn’t the sunset verandas be more appropriately called sunrise verandas?

Edited by Kelownadon
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

Do you have links to surveys saying that pax like the IV?  When the President of the company said in the QA thread that some pax don’t like them, did she say what percent like them?

Do you?

4 hours ago, hmcrn said:

Is your bed by the bath or the window?  I hear if it's by the bath the room feels larger.  By comparison if it's by the window it seems more crowded.  Would love your thoughts on this!

We have an IV booked for March and just realized the bed is by the window.  Thinking of changing, but we have a great location and i know I will lose that if i change.  

Thanks!

Bed by bath does  make room feel more spacious.. When we had bed by inf balc.. we kept the  bi-folds open.The .bed was right to edge of  inf balc...husb  had to step onto it to get out of his side of the bed..awkward!

10 minutes ago, Oville said:

Do you?

Well I have a quote from the President of the company on this very website.  That good enough for you?  🙄

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Bed by bath does  make room feel more spacious.. When we had bed by inf balc.. we kept the  bi-folds open.The .bed was right to edge of  inf balc...husb  had to step onto it to get out of his side of the bed..awkward!

Didn’t you like the IV CABINS?  

5 hours ago, Kelownadon said:

And if the back of the ships were mostly always facing east wouldn’t the sunset verandas be more appropriately called sunrise verandas?

Everything needs to be named appropriately, or else. 🙂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, zitsky said:

If we could change the name to “cabin with window” would that fix it?

"Outside cabins" have windows.  

Once again...all in the name.  

But they don't open, and they are not outside.  😉 😄 

Edited by island lady

10 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

They are named appropriately.  A balcony projects off the side.  

It's funny to see some of the older ships....those balconies are actually inset of the hull.  

20 hours ago, hcat said:

Wow - good to know!  We will definitely be changing to one with the bed by the bath!

1 hour ago, hmcrn said:

Wow - good to know!  We will definitely be changing to one with the bed by the bath!

I would change to the one nearest bath from reviews I’ve read also. But I don’t really feel cramped. I’m in a solo which is a shorter cabin with a queen bed. It is near the folding doors but I have no issues with the space. 
image.thumb.jpeg.03be52b94914926f06a0ae1bd4b8e959.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Oh the lies I’ve been led to believe. And I’m right out using liar because it’s the same language used by others. Bwa ha ha.  Actually you better check different ships for behavior.

I put a thermometer that was already in my cabin overnight on my vent - it had a magnet. My cabin was set to 66 all morning. 
image.thumb.jpeg.e4cfa8a4650db8d66eaabfb5757bb9aa.jpeg

I closed the sliding glass doors and sat on the balcony with window open for 15 minutes.  I already knew the air keeps blowing from yesterday. But imagine my surprise to see this. 
image.thumb.jpeg.7a68f1ebf5d558f634e00ff58de45ff8.jpeg

Edited by TGfromTX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

More to note - I opened the bifold doors for a few minutes and every glass in the cabin fogged over - mirrors, picture, tv screen.  Once I closed the doors with the window still open and they all cleared again within minutes so the ac is removing humidity. It isn’t overly hot right now - just mildly uncomfortable and humid. Hopefully there will be one really hot day to see how the ac performs when challenged. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TGfromTX said:

Oh the lies I’ve been led to believe. And I’m right out using liar because it’s the same language used by others. Bwa ha ha.  Actually you better check different ships for behavior.

I closed the sliding glass doors and sat on the balcony with window open for 15 minutes.

You did not sit on the balcony. Celebrity purposely calls it a veranda so even they can say it’s not a balcony.  So don’t carry on with the lies yourself by calling it a balcony. 

1 hour ago, TGfromTX said:

More to note - I opened the bifold doors for a few minutes and every glass in the cabin fogged over - mirrors, picture, tv screen.  Once I closed the doors with the window still open and they all cleared again within minutes so the ac is removing humidity. It isn’t overly hot right now - just mildly uncomfortable and humid. Hopefully there will be one really hot day to see how the ac performs when challenged. 

I appreciate you doing this.  So you’re saying AC stays on when the window of the INFINITE VERANDA is open?  You are confusing me referring to a balcony because I thought you said you would be in a suite?

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I appreciate you doing this.  So you’re saying AC stays on when the window of the INFINITE VERANDA is open?  You are confusing me referring to a balcony because I thought you said you would be in a suite?

Sorry - I’m in a solo IV.  I left the window open and the bifold closed while I went to dinner.  I put the ‘asleep’ magnet up.  My room ac stayed on with window down.  Now there is a BIG difference with the bifold open.  The room went way humid fast and the cool air went outside fairly fast.  I didn’t leave it that way long so it cooled down and the foggy mirrors cleared in about 2 minutes. The fog on the bifold doors remains the entire time. 

• Like 1