Rooms above boleros

Posted (edited)

We have one on Utopia but not until Sept. '25!  Just a big window on Central Park, no balcony, but expect those over Boleros to have the promenade view.

Edited by BecciBoo

We had a room above Boleros on Majesty (a long time ago 😁) and we could definitely hear noise at night. The good news is that we had very busy days on the cruise and we were tired when we went to bed so the noise did not bother us. If you are a light sleeper or go to bed early, I would not recommend a room above any entertainment venue.

6 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We had a room above Boleros on Majesty (a long time ago 😁) and we could definitely hear noise at night. The good news is that we had very busy days on the cruise and we were tired when we went to bed so the noise did not bother us. If you are a light sleeper or go to bed early, I would not recommend a room above any entertainment venue.

Not trying to be critical, but seeing as how that ship entered the fleet in 1992 and was retired 8 years ago and was of a rather dated design based on todays megaships, I'm not sure how relevant that information is. LOL   

Although she was a beautiful ship in her day and one we had enjoyed cruising on several times in the 90's.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Kcmellons said:

Allure of the seas 

There are no promenade staterooms directly above Boleros on Allure, only about 6-8 balcony staterooms that would be on the outside of the venue.  I don't know how much that area would be affected by the noise from the venue but I would suspect it may be minimal. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I had a cabin directly beneath the band in Boleros on the Enchantment.

I did not get much sleep that cruise.

....it would appear as though the characters in your signature are still enjoying the music!  LOL

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We were in an inside room above Boleros on Symphony last spring and though I was concerned about the location before the cruise we had little to no issue with noise.  I ended up thinking it was an excellent cabin location. One night heard some of the music but it wasn’t an issue. Disclaimer: I do sleep with ear plugs in and we are fans of the aft most boardwalk balconies on oasis class ships so I am used to muffling ambient noise with the ear plugs. 

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I had a cabin directly beneath the band in Boleros on the Enchantment.

I did not get much sleep that cruise.

Seriously? I don’t remember music later then 12 am (and that was not every day)

7 hours ago, Tatka said:

Though I don't happen to fall into the category, I suspect there is a decent size group of people who are back in their cabins well before midnight.

I have been on some ships where the music in Bolaro's was so loud that I was uncomfortable sitting in there. My preference would be a cabin not in the near vicinity.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Though I don't happen to fall into the category, I suspect there is a decent size group of people who are back in their cabins well before midnight.

I have been on some ships where the music in Bolaro's was so loud that I was uncomfortable sitting in there. My preference would be a cabin not in the near vicinity.

On Adventure last week, we could hear it from our suite. We were on deck10 near the aft elevator banks and it is on deck 4 on the opposite side of the ship😱

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

On Adventure last week, we could hear it from our suite. We were on deck10 near the aft elevator banks and it is on deck 4 on the opposite side of the ship😱

I have severe to profound deafness.  I have been in some venues where I turn off my hearing aids and it's still too loud.  😱  

I don't know why they think the volume needs to be so the entire ship can hear.  🙄

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tatka said:

On night 5 of a 7-night cruise, we're usually in the bed by 8! You can only go go go so long before your body asks for a break!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fla33023 said:

On night 5 of a 7-night cruise, we're usually in the bed by 8! You can only go go go so long before your body asks for a break!

I was on 12 dayer twice on Enchantment … Older crowd..

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was responding to the post about Enchantment… don’t remember anything wild, but we only do 12 dayers out of Baltimore