The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 6th, 2024

Good afternoon from a hot, 92F already, central Texas.  It turns out DH decided to play Uber driver on my trip to W-M.  We were back in less than three hours, counting the hour it took to drive over and back, but it was hot by the time we got home.  I still have to get the chicken thighs and thin chicken breasts packed and in the freezer.  After that, it will be trying to stay cool as we head to 100F this afternoon.

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  I slept past 7:30 this morning, but the quiet of the morning didn't last long.  And my three day old quiche doesn't taste right,  even the cats don't want it. I will celebrate a root beer float, I like my fish a bit more charred (overcooked) but I would probably try it if someone else fixd it.  None of our friends cook or eat  fish.  So it's a DH and I thing. 

892a5bf2a852272d7d46f20bc1cb2857.jpg

When I called DH's doc yesterday to schedule those requested appointments per the hospital docs, all of them had received notices from the hospital (oncologist, pain doc, and his primary's PA)  The oncologist said that he would talk to DH on Monday when he comes in for his immunotherapy, the pain doc 's office said they would update the doc, but will probably want to see him after he sees the oncologist, and the primary's PA (he has never met his primary doc in 3 years) said they would call if there was an opening, otherwise they would see him in October.

They did ask why he wanted to come in earlier, and he said because he wanted answers. He wants a referral to get the fistula repaired (he has been told twice in the past month,  that this is not possible due to his cancer).and we start going in circles again. Someone needs to put in writing exactly what is happening to him so that he will settle down, and face and do the things that he needs to do.

I also have come to the conclusion that kittens and stray cats are the leading cause of falls in little old ladies.  They haven't taken me out yet, but I see this happening.  My ankles and knees are attached by small creatures from under the love seat, every time I get up and walk into the kitchen.

Today I go back to work. But since I forgot to take out the chicken for a crock pot meal, I will have to run out and get something at dinner time.  DH has not driven in about 10 months.

One of my favorite movies is Best Exoitic Marigold Hotel-when we learn that -it is not over until it's over, and it's not over yet.

We are watching the Olympics, but we watched the surfing in Tahiti, and the sailing from Marseille, so until this morning, we have not been in "Paris".  All that water and waves have been very soothing. 

Welcome home @RedneckBobYou have been missed! Will you be changing your CC name to RedneckBobbie?

Memories of Alaska- 

image.thumb.jpeg.54ee3e10b1765800a17f81d192a725e1.jpeg.

image.thumb.jpeg.db8ccbf88e3a3780e97ec49c5e5ded1a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.caab2493353999a64a6f8cf51b2d7f1d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9c7fda7174e35546cf2c395bb566ca56.jpeg

Annie, I'm glad all three doctor's offices got back to you and your DH has appointments lined up for next week.  Enjoyed the pictures from Alaska.

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Yay for National Fresh Breath Day . . . the alternative, ugh!  I love floats of any kind, especially the foam; DH makes great floats with tons of foam that he always scoops out for me.  If I see a lighthouse it means I'm on a cruise . . . sadly I haven't seen one in a long time.

We had a brief thundershower last evening but by the time we went to bed it was long gone.  Apparently a bigger brother/sister showed up around 4:30 this morning and gave quite a display of light and noise.  Not that I heard any of it, but DH told me about it when I woke up later.  Looking out at the front street there's lots of water flowing past, so we won't have to turn on the sprinklers for the lawns at least.  

Last evening our DS in Calgary sent some videos of a hail storm they had - fortunately he'd covered their car with blankets, having bungee corded them down along with pillows over the windshield, so their vehicle didn't sustain any damage.  The hail was the size of ping pong balls and lasted about 15 minutes.  Later there was lots of rain and this morning I heard a radio report that parts of Calgary's domestic airport building are closed due to damage from last night's storm.  Sure glad we weren't planning on flying in or out of there today, and feel sorry for those who were.

@Cruzin Terrisending continued prayers for your safety and dryness!

@puppycanducruisebelated Happy Birthday for yesterday; I hope you had a great day.

@kazuthanks for even checking in - you're often thought of and prayers for on a regular basis.

This morning I've got breakfast with my retired colleagues which should be a fun couple of hours catching up on their lives.  After that I've got another couple of bags of things to drop off at the Salvation Army store and that's about all on my agenda for the day.  I will pass on the drink (don't like rye whiskey), will let others enjoy the white wine, but am looking at making today's menu suggestion using salmon for us to enjoy either on the deck or at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil, and in the paths of destructive storms and fires.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, good news you got rain overnight.  I'm glad your DS's car was not damaged by the hail.

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:
Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

With the happiness that yesterday brought, sadness has reared it's head in that I have decided to put Sam down on Friday.

First the new baby! No name YET! Mom and baby are doing very well. Lilly is excited as a two year old can be!  We stayed with her once her mother's water broke at 12:30 am until last evening when her dad came home for some rest. We are just waiting on the call today to go back for Lily. Not sure if my daughter will come home tomorrow or Thursday.

Last evening Sam got himself into a corner in the kitchen just before we came home. His rear legs are really almost useless for trying to stand. Unfortunately it was a section of the hardwood floor that we don't have covered with throw rugs, towels, etc. It took almost a half hour to get him moved and on his feet. Very, very wobbly after that. We decided last night to go ahead with putting him down. The vet offered to do it late today but we will be at my daughter's house. It has been the worst week to decide as we have had the guest with young boys, my daughter having the baby early, and just the fact of making a decision! Then we had the same occur this morning of getting stuck in the Front Room! The guests will leave today instead of tomorrow which should help to calm the situation. I have noticed this week marked deterioration in his rear legs so it is time. He will have been with us three years Saturday and would be 12 in November.

Sam in better days
0201231719a.thumb.jpg.6d4bd13ddcfa86e262419e9b4dd91b75.jpg

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Jack, even though we all knew it was coming sometime, I'm sorry you had to make the difficult decision to have Sam put down Friday.  While it is a gift of love for Sam, it is never easy on the humans.  Take comfort in know you gave Sam three years of love, care and a good life.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Fresh breath is a good thing. I'm not sure I ever had a root beer float, but think I'd like it. Lighthouses are a favorite of mine to photograph. National Night Out is a big thing here, with police trying to establish good community relations. Good quote, but I don't think that's the only purpose in life. I'll pass on the meal (fish). I remember when I was in college, 7 and 7's were popular - I'll pass. Pass on the wine. I haven't been to Farsund. 2 good and 2 sad days in history.

It's very humid, 82F with a high of 88F, and possible strong storms later. I had trouble going to sleep last night. I tried out sleeping on both sides to see the effects, but there wasn't much. I was up and out early to see the ENT. He did the Epley maneuver and saw some nystagmus (movement of the eye) on the left side. So he had his vestibular therapist do a treatment. I'm to leave it alone for a week, and if I still have issues then do the maneuvers at home. I go back for some test with goggles where video is taken of my eyes while I'm put through movements; if I'm all better by then, I'm not sure it will still be needed. My MRI is still not back; apparently a shortage of radiologists and reports are taking weeks to come in. This afternoon I have another doctor's appointment, and hope to be home before the heavy rain starts.

@aliaschief Welcome home.

@dfish I'm glad the pain has subsided again.

@Sir PMP Thanks for the map and photo.

@kazu Hugs to you as you go through this difficult transition. 

@RedneckBob Good to see you back! Congrats on the weight loss; that's hard work. 

@0106 Lovely photo of that lighthouse.

@smitty34877 I hope the aide will stay, as she sounds like the kind of person one wants to have caring for Tana. 

@lindaler Exciting news about the eclipse cruise and the Amazon one. 

@Cruzin Terri Thanks for checking in and letting us know you're ok. Stay safe.

@Haljo1935 Good luck with HR.

@marshhawk I hope Chuck will get some answers to his concerns and will accept what the doctors have to say. Nice Alaska photos and lighthouses.

@Heartgrove Sad news following the happy news, but I know you're doing what's best for Sam. Hugs to you as you've made this hard decision.

@mamaofami I hope you're starting to feel better.

@HAL Sailer I hope things are ok with you and DH.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm glad the ENT did the maneuvers and had his therapist do more.  I hope they work and you have no more problems.

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

It is strange that the WiFi is working and so is the phone.  No one came to fix anything and I doubt anyone will in the near future.  I am just grateful that it is working.

The Weather Channel shows that Debby is 15 miles South of Savannah, Georgia.  We are about 20 north of Savannah.  Since it is moving very slowly, I am sure she will be with us for a while, they say at least until Friday.  

We are not out of the woods yet, but we are about 20 feet above sea level where we live, so we have a bit of advantage.  

We are staying put and being very careful

Thank you all for your concern.

Terri

Terri, I'm glad you are able to check in from time to time, and that while the backyard has water, there is none getting in the house.  Even 20 feet above sea level can make a big difference.  I'm glad you still have Wifi and phone service.  Hugs!

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Like Karen @luvteaching said, we're having a cloudy and cooler morning.  Only up to the low 70's today.  I'll enjoy it, since it will heat up again later this week.

Fresh breath is important, I love root beer floats but haven't had one in a long time, and as cruisers I know we all have seen a lot of lighthouses!  I have to disagree with the quote...what about making others happy? Frankly the quote surprised me.

I would like the meal, will pass on the drink and would like the wine if someone else is buying.  We've been to Norway but not to Farsund.

Yesterday I'm afraid I overdid with the gardening in the back yard and now have a bad crick in my neck.  The left hip is affected too.  But as usual, even though I knew I'd be hurting today, I didn't stop...my sickness LOL.  It does look good, is my only consolation. 😉 

@RedneckBob You were missed!  Welcome back 🙂  

Debbie @dfish So glad to hear that the pain is gone.

Jacqui @kazu I can only imagine the emotions you're having -- hugs!  

Terry @smitty34877 Your thoughts about the aide make a lot of sense.  She sounds like a very caring, thoughtful person and I hope she continues on with you.

@Cruzin Terri Thanks for checking in.  My relatives in Savannah said they had 4 tornado warnings yesterday -- but only 2 1/2 inches of rain the last 12 hours.  

Sam @Heartgrove My heart breaks for you, but you're doing the right thing.  Sam has had a good life with you.

Thanks!

• Like 14

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Fresh breath is a good thing. I'm not sure I ever had a root beer float, but think I'd like it. Lighthouses are a favorite of mine to photograph. National Night Out is a big thing here, with police trying to establish good community relations. Good quote, but I don't think that's the only purpose in life. I'll pass on the meal (fish). I remember when I was in college, 7 and 7's were popular - I'll pass. Pass on the wine. I haven't been to Farsund. 2 good and 2 sad days in history.

It's very humid, 82F with a high of 88F, and possible strong storms later. I had trouble going to sleep last night. I tried out sleeping on both sides to see the effects, but there wasn't much. I was up and out early to see the ENT. He did the Epley maneuver and saw some nystagmus (movement of the eye) on the left side. So he had his vestibular therapist do a treatment. I'm to leave it alone for a week, and if I still have issues then do the maneuvers at home. I go back for some test with goggles where video is taken of my eyes while I'm put through movements; if I'm all better by then, I'm not sure it will still be needed. My MRI is still not back; apparently a shortage of radiologists and reports are taking weeks to come in. This afternoon I have another doctor's appointment, and hope to be home before the heavy rain starts.

@aliaschief Welcome home.

@dfish I'm glad the pain has subsided again.

@Sir PMP Thanks for the map and photo.

@kazu Hugs to you as you go through this difficult transition. 

@RedneckBob Good to see you back! Congrats on the weight loss; that's hard work. 

@0106 Lovely photo of that lighthouse.

@smitty34877 I hope the aide will stay, as she sounds like the kind of person one wants to have caring for Tana. 

@lindaler Exciting news about the eclipse cruise and the Amazon one. 

@Cruzin Terri Thanks for checking in and letting us know you're ok. Stay safe.

@Haljo1935 Good luck with HR.

@marshhawk I hope Chuck will get some answers to his concerns and will accept what the doctors have to say. Nice Alaska photos and lighthouses.

@Heartgrove Sad news following the happy news, but I know you're doing what's best for Sam. Hugs to you as you've made this hard decision.

@mamaofami I hope you're starting to feel better.

@HAL Sailer I hope things are ok with you and DH.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Thanks! The weight loss was Doctors orders.  I can almost fit into the suit that I wore when I got married +40 years ago!

• Like 24

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Welcome back, @RedneckBob.  To celebrate I will put brussels sprouts in my foil packet fish dinner.

@Cruzin Terri Thank you for checking in this morning.  I am so relieved that you came through unscathed.  

@Heartgrove I am sorry you had to make that decision for Sam.  That is one of the hardest decisions in life, but rest easy knowing you gave Sam three excellent years.

Enjoy!

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

ScreenShot2024-08-06at07_31_00.png.d9b05812fbcdf3e6510eda51319278bf.png

Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Chronic halitosis can be a sign of something bad and I love lighthouses (I want to stay in one).  But I don't like root beer so someone can have mine. It took me a long time to realize the quote and to actively seek happiness and not dwell in misery.  I do fish a lot en papillote and yes to a 7 & 7 (but diet 7-up, please). No to the wine and I have never been to Norway.  Two sad days in history along with 2 to raise a glass to.

IMG_8178.JPG.dc5c82ebb89ae76f9c53f7884729ba89.JPG

We should have some intense thunderstorms today (at least that is what I weather app states) but we will see.  We shouldn't hit 100F but it could be close.  Presently it is 81F with 56% humidity.  Quite pleasant.

IMG_8179.thumb.JPG.b9d51c9096cecb7c67fd4acb956b34bf.JPG

The drive yesterday was wonderful.  On my way to Yuma, I saw a "broken" rainbow.  I was about an hour early but the appt only lasted about 1 hour.  It was actually a pre-screening to see if I qualify for the study.  A little blood draw to look for a certain protein, a short cognitive test, and a voice recording (6 minutes of repeating back a list of words).  I should know in a week or so.  It is sponsored by Janssen.  The renumeration was VERY generous and very much worthy of my time.

IMG_8180.thumb.JPG.3f347646a621eecbd1b3d80c93d743de.JPG

Today, I have a zoom call for another survey about Medicare.  🤷‍♀️

I missed some birthdays and anniversaries so belated wishes. 

@RedneckBob I am so glad you are back!  

@Cruzin Terri Glad to hear you are safe.

@marshhawk Thinking of you and all you are going through.

IMG_8181.thumb.JPG.de4bf87e793ebfa50ed2c58419dbf079.JPG

Thoughts for all and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!!

Thanks Moneypenny!

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

Well, we were partly successful today. First we stopped and purchased several crackers that we were out of for 5 p.m. happy hour.  Then I got shingles shot #2, then went across to the eye doctor office.  First time there and I doubt we go back.  The waiting room was full with at least 25 people waiting.  The interior was dark wood and gloomy with not enough lighting.  Then we waited 90 minutes for our appointment (I heard they had computers down when they went in to work this morning).  The exams and scans went very well, but even though DH mentioned he was going to the DMV to renew his driver's license today, the young lady dilated his eyes!  The young lady who waited on me asked first, but his did not.  Therefore he couldn't go to the DMV.  Once we finally got out of there 🥴 I drove us over to the license tag office to renew the license plates.  Then we just headed straight home.  We will have to go out again tomorrow or Thursday for the DMV.  Both of us have good eyesight with eyeglass correction and good eye health so we are set for the next year.

5 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Looks like me six months ago. I am currently at a 154 lb ring from a 196 lb ring! 

Congrats on the huge weight loss RNB!  That's amazing!  Glad to see you back posting.

4 hours ago, Heartgrove said:
Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

With the happiness that yesterday brought, sadness has reared it's head in that I have decided to put Sam down on Friday.

First the new baby! No name YET! Mom and baby are doing very well. Lilly is excited as a two year old can be!  We stayed with her once her mother's water broke at 12:30 am until last evening when her dad came home for some rest. We are just waiting on the call today to go back for Lily. Not sure if my daughter will come home tomorrow or Thursday.

Last evening Sam got himself into a corner in the kitchen just before we came home. His rear legs are really almost useless for trying to stand. Unfortunately it was a section of the hardwood floor that we don't have covered with throw rugs, towels, etc. It took almost a half hour to get him moved and on his feet. Very, very wobbly after that. We decided last night to go ahead with putting him down. The vet offered to do it late today but we will be at my daughter's house. It has been the worst week to decide as we have had the guest with young boys, my daughter having the baby early, and just the fact of making a decision! Then we had the same occur this morning of getting stuck in the Front Room! The guests will leave today instead of tomorrow which should help to calm the situation. I have noticed this week marked deterioration in his rear legs so it is time. He will have been with us three years Saturday and would be 12 in November.

Sam in better days
0201231719a.thumb.jpg.6d4bd13ddcfa86e262419e9b4dd91b75.jpg

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Jack, I know how difficult this decision has been to make.  Sam has had a good last few years with you.  I'm so sorry though.  

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

It is strange that the WiFi is working and so is the phone.  No one came to fix anything and I doubt anyone will in the near future.  I am just grateful that it is working.

The Weather Channel shows that Debby is 15 miles South of Savannah, Georgia.  We are about 20 north of Savannah.  Since it is moving very slowly, I am sure she will be with us for a while, they say at least until Friday.  

We are not out of the woods yet, but we are about 20 feet above sea level where we live, so we have a bit of advantage.  

We are staying put and being very careful

Thank you all for your concern.

Terri

So glad you two are doing okay.  I hope the power remains on and the W-Fi and phone continue to work.  🤞

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening from the Zuiderdam

We had a wonderful warm and sunny day in Rotterdam. This morning I walked over the bridge and into town. This afternoon  I went on a tour to the windmills. Really enjoyed it! 
   @Sharon in AZ thank you for the Anniversary wishes. We very much enjoyed the Pinnacle Grill. DH had the lamb chops and myself and DD each had the scallops. Service was wonderful. We are going again on Friday with some people we were friendly with on our last cruise. Small world! 
   Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 22

I was correct that this morning would be final OT session - unless something major happens or I get referred back to her. She gave me contact info for another neurologist I might want to see for a 2nd opinion.  She seems to think very highly of him. Since my insurance doesn't require a referral, I'm going to call him.

She was flabbergasted to learn my neurologist response to me asking if he would sign the LOA papers to allow me time to acclimate to the meds was to tell me to stop taking them. 

She said I really need to work on my left hand strength. The frozen shoulder has impacted my grip strength to the point she says it's on the verge of being dangerously weak. Eeeks.

HR rescheduled our call to later this afternoon,  so no update on that.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

The recipe for today reminded me of the good rainbow trout we cooked in foil on a trip to Alaska.  We were camped in Carson-Pegasus Provincial Park outside of Whitecourt, Alberta.  Another camper had caught more than his limit, so instead of throwing them back, he cleaned the trout and gave them to us.  It happened that the park newspaper handout had several recipes for rainbow trout, and we tried this one.  We enjoyed it, even though it took a bit longer to cook the fish than the recipe said.

BARBECUED RAINBOW TROUT

4 lb. rainbow trout                               1 med. onion, chopped

2 tomatoes, chopped                          1 t lemon juice

salt and pepper                                   lemon slices

Mix onions and tomatoes with lemon juice and salt and pepper.  Fill cavity of fish with onion and tomato mixture.  Sprinkle lemon juice on fish, along with salt and pepper.  Wrap fish in foil.  Barbecue fish approximately 10-15 minutes on each side.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well, we were partly successful today. First we stopped and purchased several crackers that we were out of for 5 p.m. happy hour.  Then I got shingles shot #2, then went across to the eye doctor office.  First time there and I doubt we go back.  The waiting room was full with at least 25 people waiting.  The interior was dark wood and gloomy with not enough lighting.  Then we waited 90 minutes for our appointment (I heard they had computers down when they went in to work this morning).  The exams and scans went very well, but even though DH mentioned he was going to the DMV to renew his driver's license today, the young lady dilated his eyes!  The young lady who waited on me asked first, but his did not.  Therefore he couldn't go to the DMV.  Once we finally got out of there 🥴 I drove us over to the license tag office to renew the license plates.  Then we just headed straight home.  We will have to go out again tomorrow or Thursday for the DMV.  Both of us have good eyesight with eyeglass correction and good eye health so we are set for the next year.

Congrats on the huge weight loss RNB!  That's amazing!  Glad to see you back posting.

Jack, I know how difficult this decision has been to make.  Sam has had a good last few years with you.  I'm so sorry though.  

So glad you two are doing okay.  I hope the power remains on and the W-Fi and phone continue to work.  🤞

Thanks SLC.  Glad we only had 50 mph gusts from Hurricane Debby. I’m not anchored down as well as I use to be. Otherwise it would have been Debby does RedneckBob! 😳

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, highscar said:

Also regarding these tours. I got numerous “ cart rejected try again” with time limit.  Finally I checked y credit card charges and there it was. Paid for.  Go figure.   ????   Buy the way they are still in my cart.  

I always purchase excursions and/or other things on the website individually because of this. It’s a pain but worth it in the long run. 

1 hour ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks! The weight loss was Doctors orders.  I can almost fit into the suit that I wore when I got married +40 years ago!

Congratulations on your weight loss!

23 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Evening from the Zuiderdam

We had a wonderful warm and sunny day in Rotterdam. This morning I walked over the bridge and into town. This afternoon  I went on a tour to the windmills. Really enjoyed it! 
   @Sharon in AZ thank you for the Anniversary wishes. We very much enjoyed the Pinnacle Grill. DH had the lamb chops and myself and DD each had the scallops. Service was wonderful. We are going again on Friday with some people we were friendly with on our last cruise. Small world! 
   Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

I’m happy to hear your meal was enjoyable. Did you happen to see the Red King Crab on the menu?  It’s on the app so hopefully it is current. It’s a $25 supplement. 

8 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I was correct that this morning would be final OT session - unless something major happens or I get referred back to her. She gave me contact info for another neurologist I might want to see for a 2nd opinion.  She seems to think very highly of him. Since my insurance doesn't require a referral, I'm going to call him.

She was flabbergasted to learn my neurologist response to me asking if he would sign the LOA papers to allow me time to acclimate to the meds was to tell me to stop taking them. 

She said I really need to work on my left hand strength. The frozen shoulder has impacted my grip strength to the point she says it's on the verge of being dangerously weak. Eeeks.

Elizabeth, I’m glad your therapist recommended a different neurologist. And I hope you are able to gain more strength in your hand. I have very bad hand strength due to arthritis so I understand how difficult it is living with this. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

A late good day All, inlcuding @RedneckBob also nice to see @lindalerposting regularly even though her sickness is only resolved at sea! 

Glad to hear @Cruzin Terri is safe!  
and nice to hear the reasons for the aide’s feelings @smitty34877 I’m hopeful that because she can talk to you that’s a very good sign.   Even professional caregivers can struggle at times.  Hard not to care about people you work with.  

@Heartgrove I am so sorry, that is such a difficult decision to make!  But you have been a wonderful companion to dear Sam! 
@marshhawk I am worried about you, please consider what you need right now as well,  gotta put the oxygen mask on first! 

@kazu huge hugs, I wish I could wrap my arms about you,  you just have so much going on, it’s hard not to be overwhelmed!  

I had the pleasure of hearing the Dalai Lama in person a few years ago, such wisdom!

We just had our fourth emergency alert  since last evening.   A massive storm,  and now our DD and DGD are under an emergency shelter in place due to two extremely dangerous armed individuals.  Truly hope the Mounties get their man, and PDQ! 

a few lighthouses 

50D6BBBE-96D9-4C07-9515-730F324812EA.jpeg

2D57A036-BB6B-44DF-9453-60D3D3C8AE9D.jpeg

IMG_2595.jpeg

IMG_0999.jpeg

IMG_1711.jpeg

IMG_2814.jpeg

DSCN0728.jpeg

_DSC0233.jpeg

IMG_0996.jpeg

_DSC0494.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 9

Good afternoon and the storm has started with more rain coming later tonight. 
The National Night Out events have basically all been canceled or postponed until further notice. Safety is still number one.

Debby is wreaking havoc with the plans for this weekend. Lititz holds a craft fair on the 2nd Saturday in August every year, It basically takes up the entire town and is a very big event. They have made the decision to cancel for this year due to the weather.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Elizabeth, I'm glad your OT referred you to another neurologist for a second opinion.  To me just saying stop your meds just sounds a bit irresponsible.  I agree with Terry @smitty34877 about your boss.

28 minutes ago, bennybear said:

A late good day All, inlcuding @RedneckBob also nice to see @lindalerposting regularly even though her sickness is only resolved at sea! 

Glad to hear @Cruzin Terri is safe!  
and nice to hear the reasons for the aide’s feelings @smitty34877 I’m hopeful that because she can talk to you that’s a very good sign.   Even professional caregivers can struggle at times.  Hard not to care about people you work with.  

@Heartgrove I am so sorry, that is such a difficult decision to make!  But you have been a wonderful companion to dear Sam! 
@marshhawk I am worried about you, please consider what you need right now as well,  gotta put the oxygen mask on first! 

@kazu huge hugs, I wish I could wrap my arms about you,  you just have so much going on, it’s hard not to be overwhelmed!  

I had the pleasure of hearing the Dalai Lama in person a few years ago, such wisdom!

We just had our fourth emergency alert  since last evening.   A massive storm,  and now our DD and DGD are under an emergency shelter in place due to two extremely dangerous armed individuals.  Truly hope the Mounties get their man, and PDQ! 

a few lighthouses 

50D6BBBE-96D9-4C07-9515-730F324812EA.jpeg

2D57A036-BB6B-44DF-9453-60D3D3C8AE9D.jpeg

IMG_2595.jpeg

IMG_0999.jpeg

IMG_1711.jpeg

IMG_2814.jpeg

DSCN0728.jpeg

_DSC0233.jpeg

IMG_0996.jpeg

_DSC0494.jpeg

Brenda, I hope everyone is safe from the storm.  I also hope the Mounties get there men soon, and your DD and DGD remain safe.  Love the lighthouse pictures.

9 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good afternoon and the storm has started with more rain coming later tonight. 
The National Night Out events have basically all been canceled or postponed until further notice. Safety is still number one.

Debby is wreaking havoc with the plans for this weekend. Lititz holds a craft fair on the 2nd Saturday in August every year, It basically takes up the entire town and is a very big event. They have made the decision to cancel for this year due to the weather.

Stay safe everyone.

I'm sorry Debby is having such an impact on all the festivities this week, especially the annual craft fair.  Stay safe.

One more lighthouse, the oldest, the Tower of Hercules in A Coruna, Spain.  Under the base are the remnants of a Roman lighthouse.

IMG_3138.thumb.JPG.90885efd4fee22579f488702641b7ba2.JPG

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Change in plans!  
We’re very excited here…. We were looking at possibilities for celebrating my 70th and we just booked a cruise!  It leaves SUNDAY!  From Boston!  This Sunday!  We’ll drive there Saturday, even through the rain!  Oh my…. 
It’s Emerald Princess, goes to Newfoundland and Greenland!  And back. I hope we can connect with our friends in St John’s who we were supposed to see in 2019 but canceled when the prostate cancer diagnosis happened. Then COVID then moved to Maryland then moved to New Jersey! And 4 eye surgeries…  And here we are!  🤞 Lots to do!
Celebrating my 70th. 
Celebrating no eye drops! 
Celebrating life is good🌈

Celebrating together 🫶

I have a LOT to do… m—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 32