Gratuities

Goofyisme

• $18.00 per guest, per day will be applied to guests sailing on all Inside, Oceanview and Veranda staterooms.
  • $19.00 per guest, per day will be applied to guests sailing on all Concierge and AquaClass staterooms.
  • $23.00 per guest, per day will be applied to guests sailing in The Retreat staterooms.

7 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:
  • $18.00 per guest, per day will be applied to guests sailing on all Inside, Oceanview and Veranda staterooms.
  • $19.00 per guest, per day will be applied to guests sailing on all Concierge and AquaClass staterooms.
  • $23.00 per guest, per day will be applied to guests sailing in The Retreat staterooms.

Thank you

34 minutes ago, Goofyisme said:

Since they are no longer included in the all inclusive package what are the daily amounts?

Also can anyone find the current prices for the drink packages?

TIA

attached are the current rates and how the tips are split.

Celebrity Grats - 2023.jpg

When I agreed my AI price last year the Grats were included. In 48 cruises I have never refused to pay gratuities but I feel really aggrieved that I’m supposed to find an extra $216 pp for something I thought I had already paid for. Celebrity set the price then. How can they change the rules after you’ve agreed the price. 
On top of the itinerary being changed after final balance was paid, this is just  the last straw. 

Currently on my 4 night Reflection sailing in Oct the 

Classic drink package is $75.99 with a 15% discount

Premium Drink package is $88.99 with a 15% discount

$13.99 to up grade from the classic to the premium.

I booked all inclusive and got classic drink package and wifi both for $51 a day. It's well after final payment and if I booked now it would cost me $72 daily and the price of the cruise has gone up. I booked a month before final payment was due.

39 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

When I agreed my AI price last year the Grats were included. In 48 cruises I have never refused to pay gratuities but I feel really aggrieved that I’m supposed to find an extra $216 pp for something I thought I had already paid for. Celebrity set the price then. How can they change the rules after you’ve agreed the price. 
On top of the itinerary being changed after final balance was paid, this is just  the last straw. 

Are you sure they were included when you booked?  I had a cruise that were included when we booked and that was honored..

48 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

If you booked prior to I think Nov 2023 and have not done a price adjustment since and you booked AI then gratuities are still included.  They are grandfathered for those who booked before the change.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, cinnamon said:

It's unfortunate, but they can cancel ports and charge fuel surcharges

1 hour ago, cinnamon said:

Weird post 🤔

What is written on your invoice at time of booking ?

if grats were included at time you booked , they still will be included 

1 hour ago, cinnamon said:

When did you book your Cruise? The Rules were changed in late 2023. I booked Cruise on 14 Nov.23 and they were not included anymore.

AllIncl now includes Classic Drink and Basic WiFi.

As per Cruise Contract, Ports of Call can be changed at anytime. It is not always the Cruiselines choice to do so. Current  World Situation requires some adjustments.

Look at your Invoice, for Whats included.

Posted (edited)

But, are gratuities applied in Australasia? My understanding, perhaps incorrectly, is they are not! Rather, they are included in the price.

Edited by hamrag

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

attached are the current rates and how the tips are split.

Celebrity Grats - 2023.jpg

According to celebrity website Aqua and Concierge are $19 a day.  Thanks for breakdown.

6 hours ago, hamrag said:

But, are gratuities applied in Australasia? My understanding, perhaps incorrectly, is they are not! Rather, they are included in the price.

Whether grats are included as in Australia/New Zealand or added the total remains the same. Well actually higher with cruises from Aus/NZ as the prices of onboard items like drinks/Spa etc are rounded up to include the tips. 

4 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

According to celebrity website Aqua and Concierge are $19 a day.  Thanks for breakdown.

In which case would you (or someone currently on a ship) please get a copy of the new prices and splits from Guest Relations and post it as it's always good to have the latest figures. Curious to see how the extra 50 cents for Aqua/Concierge has been allocated.

9 hours ago, cinnamon said:

If you booked when gratuities were included then there should have been no further price adjustment for you since it only applied to new bookings.

8 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Are you sure they were included when you booked?  I had a cruise that were included when we booked and that was honored..

Thank you!  Yes, they were included when we booked in October. I’ll double check with my TA. 

16 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

Plus 20% service fee.  🙄🤗😱

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, cinnamon said:

Thank you!  Yes, they were included when we booked in October. I’ll double check with my TA. 

Just to confirm other responses, Always pricing included gratuities for cruises booked through October, 2023.  Effective with bookings made in November of 2023, Always pricing no longer includes gratuities, but still includes the classic beverage package and basic wifi.  

If you booked in October, then gratuities should still be included.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, miched said:

Plus 20% service fee.  

There is no additional service fee added to the base gratuities. The schedule shown in a previous post is the total paid.  Additional gratuities apply to beverage and dining base pricing purchases.

Edited by leaveitallbehind