Does an interior room have a sofa bed too?

My daughtr and I will be sailing on Odyssey of the Seas and we selected the interior room (pick it for me option since it was cheaper). We would like to have two separate beds but every time I send them an email, they respond saying it is not guaranteed. Worse comes to worse, if they assign one bed to both of us instead of two twin beds, does a typical interior state room have a sofa bed we could use for my daughter?

Thank you

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Tina80 said:

My daughtr and I will be sailing on Odyssey of the Seas and we selected the interior room (pick it for me option since it was cheaper). We would like to have two separate beds but every time I send them an email, they respond saying it is not guaranteed. Worse comes to worse, if they assign one bed to both of us instead of two twin beds, does a typical interior state room have a sofa bed we could use for my daughter?

Thank you

The default setup is two twins joined together to make a queen bed. The room steward should be able to separate the bed into two twins. 

Interior cabins that sleep more than two typically have Pullman beds that drop down from the ceiling.

IMG_0390.png

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

Just two or three days before your cruise, you should receive an email regarding such requests. You can select two beds ("beds apart") at that time.  And if all else fails, just ask your cabin steward when you meet him.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

Just two or three days before your cruise, you should receive an email regarding such requests. You can select two beds ("beds apart") at that time.  And if all else fails, just ask your cabin steward when you meet him.

From where? That would be a first for me!

Maybe because it is on my profile but that doesn’t mean it is always done.

Edited by c-leg5

To answer your original question, no, not all rooms (in any category) have a sofa bed.  The extra bed (whether it’s a sofa bed or one that comes down from the ceiling) is only available in categories designated for more than 2 people.  If you have a cabin that only sleeps 2, then there will not be an additional sleeping berth there.  ….but as others have already noted, all of the beds, with a very few exceptions in the higher suites categories, can and will be separated, if you ask.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only on the older ships.  Pullmans are not available on Quantum, Oasis or Icon class ships

Fortunately for us, we have no desire to sail on any of those three classes of ship😇

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only on the older ships.  Pullmans are not available on Quantum, Oasis or Icon class ships

Only pullman I have seen on Quantum class is in a 2 BD GS.  The second bedroom has two twins that can make a royal queen and two pullman.  Tiny room for four.

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Only pullman I have seen on Quantum class is in a 2 BD GS.  The second bedroom has two twins that can make a royal queen and two pullman.  Tiny room for four.

Oasis and Allure also have them in the balconies that sleep 5 but never mentioned that since they were talking about insides for 2 people  Harmony and above unfortunately don't have that option

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Oasis and Allure also have them in the balconies that sleep 5 but never mentioned that since they were talking about insides for 2 people  Harmony and above unfortunately don't have that option

Agree. There isn't enough wall space for a pullman. It's taken up with the dresser, desk, mirror, and wall closets.

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

To answer your original question, no, not all rooms (in any category) have a sofa bed.  The extra bed (whether it’s a sofa bed or one that comes down from the ceiling) is only available in categories designated for more than 2 people.  If you have a cabin that only sleeps 2, then there will not be an additional sleeping berth there.  ….but as others have already noted, all of the beds, with a very few exceptions in the higher suites categories, can and will be separated, if you ask.

This is very helpful, thank you for the info

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I have never received such an email.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never received such an email.

We get an email a few days before the cruise that asks about preferences.  It has to be filled out the day you receive it or it expires.  I know you can request beds split or together and also sharps containers.  There are a few other choices but I forget what they are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We get an email a few days before the cruise that asks about preferences.  It has to be filled out the day you receive it or it expires.  I know you can request beds split or together and also sharps containers.  There are a few other choices but I forget what they are.

Obviously, you have more clout with RCI than I do.☺️

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Obviously, you have more clout with RCI than I do.☺️

I just looked in my email, I am really bad about deleting emails, so I have the emails for our sailings from last year and this year.  I don't see any prior to that, so it might have started last year.  The email title is Boarding Day Information and has a paragraph called Stateroom requests with a link to a form to fill out.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have been getting the email asking about preferences for my all of my cruises for at least a year now.

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 2

I've never gotten the email either, but I did see it noted on one of my cruise confirmations that I like the bed set up together, so maybe I set it up permanently that way in my profile. Maybe if you don't have it in your profile they'll send you the email?

I must have also made a note about getting extra washcloths (or maybe a previous cabin steward did it for me?) because on my last cruise, the steward came by on the first day and asked if I prefer morning or evening service, and then he said "and I'll make sure I leave extra washcloths" which I always ask for.