Celebrity Ascent Retreat

MAGSMFC

A couple of questions please.

Does the Retreat sundeck supply sun tan lotion as I am sure I have seen a photo of sun lotion bottles somewhere.

Do you have to keep your finger on the button of the hairdryer to make it work.

Many thanks

21 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

Does the Retreat sundeck supply sun tan lotion as I am sure I have seen a photo of sun lotion bottles somewhere.

Many thanks

No, the Retreat does not supply sun tan lotion.

59 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

Many thanks

I was just on the Beyond and the retreat sun deck does supply sun tan lotion they also have plastic dishs to put the sun tan lotion in. I was also on the Beyond in March and they supplied sun tan lotion. On the Beyond it is where the towels are.

1 hour ago, MAGSMFC said:

Does the Retreat sundeck supply sun tan lotion

48 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I haven't been on Ascent, but the Retreat Sundecks on Summit, Millennium and Edge all supplied sunscreen.

• Like 1

I can confirm that the Ascent provides sunscreen/sun cream. Three bottles will be located on a shelf near the towels on the Retreat sun deck. One bottle is SPF30. The second bottle is SPF45. The third is aloe vera. Complimentary Retreat branded sunglasses/shades were also available on my recent January 2024 Ascent sailing but not on the March 2024 sailing.

52 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

I can confirm that the Ascent provides sunscreen/sun cream. Three bottles will be located on a shelf near the towels on the Retreat sun deck. One bottle is SPF30. The second bottle is SPF45. The third is aloe vera. Complimentary Retreat branded sunglasses/shades were also available on my recent January 2024 Ascent sailing but not on the March 2024 sailing.

We were just on the Ascent Retreat in May and can confirm this is correct.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, NanaPam00 said:

We were just on the Ascent Retreat in May and can confirm this is correct.

This was correct for Edge (Easter 2022), Apex (Easter 2023), and Beyond (Easter 2024).

Posted (edited)

Yes, sun screen on the pool deck. Edge even had sun glasses there as well. And yes, you have to hold in a dadgum button while using the hair dryer. Last time I took a heavy duty rubber band and wrapped it around the base to hold in the button while I used it. Next time I will just bring my own. What a pain!

IMG_7235.thumb.jpeg.bfe889da97363a94ee88a4924058c618.jpeg

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

5 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

on Ascent in March, there were bottles of sunscreen set out for Retreat guests on the Retreat deck.

11 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

on Ascent in March, there were bottles of sunscreen set out for Retreat guests on the Retreat deck.

We did not see any sunscreen on the Retreat Sundeck on our April TA cruise. 

2 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Well. We were on the Ascent last week of March and there were pump bottles of sunscreen. They  were brown coloured bottles.  

By the way, no need to shout

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

We have been in the Retreat on every E class ship and I never saw sunscreen at the Sun Deck.  I think that was because I didn’t look for sunscreen.😂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

These are 2 entirely different statements. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Well. We were on the Ascent last week of March and there were pump bottles of sunscreen. They  were brown coloured bottles.  

?  Sorry, but not shouting. Apparently your eyesight is much better than mine. Some of us aren’t that lucky.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but shouting is using all capital letters; using bold in different sizes, as far as I know, has never implied that one is shouting.  if this has changed, then I stand corrected.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but shouting is using all capital letters; using bold in different sizes, as far as I know, has never implied that one is shouting.

To some, increased font in Bold is shouting:

To maintain professionalism and avoid the perception of shouting or urgency that comes with all caps or bold letters in emails, opt for clear and concise language to emphasize your points. If you need to highlight something important, consider using bullet points or gentle italicization.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

To some, increased font in Bold is shouting:

To maintain professionalism and avoid the perception of shouting or urgency that comes with all caps or bold letters in emails, opt for clear and concise language to emphasize your points. If you need to highlight something important, consider using bullet points or gentle italicization.

Okay, got it, but honestly, I do not believe she meant to shout at you, or anyone else for that matter.  Neither do I when using bold letters.  I am not sure if posting on here is considered a profession email either, but point taken.

Edited by Lastdance

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Okay, got it, but honestly, I do not believe she meant to shout at you, or anyone else for that matter.  Neither do I when using bold letters.  I am not sure if posting on here is considered a profession email either, but point taken.

There's no problem using bold fonts to emphasize a particular word or phrase. Using bold in your entire comment is pretty obnoxious.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Okay, got it, but honestly, I do not believe she meant to shout at you, or anyone else for that matter.  

I agree.  C-Dragons has been on here for years, and has always been courteous and helpful.  😊

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Texed said:

I agree.  C-Dragons has been on here for years, and has always been courteous and helpful.  😊

Uh oh.  Now we have text in all red.  What is that???

If the issue is reading something when you post, folks can use zoom in the browser rather than using 36 point font or using bright colored text.

21 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

?  Sorry, but not shouting. Apparently your eyesight is much better than mine. Some of us aren’t that lucky.

I hear you..just had catract  surgery.. will explore  a larger font after other eye is done!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Uh oh.  Now we have text in all red.  What is that???

If the issue is reading something when you post, folks can use zoom in the browser rather than using 36 point font or using bright colored text.

you have to be able to see it as you type it..be thankful you have sharp eyes!

• Like 1