The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday August 23rd, 2024

richwmn

Posted (edited)

Good Friday morning everyone!  Thanks for the daily @richwmn.   Let's celebrate our inner nerd today and we will ride the wind today in our pontoon until it gets too strong. Thanks for the real definitions @grapau27A very thoughtful and kind quote from Lincoln.  I love chicken kebabs!  I'll pass on the dirty Shirley, keying up @Redneck Bob with that name.  I like spendy Pride Mountain Chardy.  We visited that winery and they have a concrete circle where it shows 1/2 Napa 1/2 Sonoma it sits on a ridge straddling the counties.   I haven't been to today's port but I bet it is beautiful.  

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports @jazz apologies working on slow phone and it won't delete really @JazzyV.

Prayers for all who are recovering from surgery, Jack's SIL, Sandi's DS and several further in the past.  Prayers for Melissa, Ann's DH and Ann, Tana and Terry, Jim and Terri, Chuck and Annie, Sandi's DB, my DB and everyone else who are ailing or grieving.  Prayers for Ukraine, the remaining hostages and the Innocents in Gaza.  

I finished my staining yesterday with absolutely perfect weather. Low humidity and not too hot.  It will be perfect fishing conditions this morning before the wind gets too strong.   We are heading into a long day in town tomorrow, post office early, trash, groceries, watching the Ravens Packers game at a golf course with a beautiful bar then wine and tapas at the Iron County Historical Museum.   Have a lovely day!  Nancy 

Here I am with my little cup of stain and my staining rag.  Big tomato plants this year. I should have been wearing my cap! 

IMG_3127.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 4

Happy Friday! Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly again this morning. I love it. Have a chiropractor appointment this morning. Then I will finish grading assignments. Hoping to not have to carry this over into the weekend. Maybe going for a walk today with Fancy. 

Happy birthday to @Vict0riann and @AroundWithMAPTravels!

image.jpeg.c36ac0fde80c5bcd4463611fe7c7982a.jpeg

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for friday cat memes

• Like 34

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon and thank you for today's daily reports.

It is very windy,61°F and partly sunny here.

Being tactful is always best but sometimes if someone wants to argue it's best to just walk away.

I will pass on everything else unfortunately.

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy and happy day.

Screenshot_20240823_114714.jpg

Screenshot_20240823_114733.jpg

Ride the Wind Day. I better stay away from baked beans today! 😳😳

• Like 4
  • Haha 18

Good very early morning from a still dark central Texas where it is 83F and already feels like 92F.  Currently the humidity is 83% with a dew point of 76F.  It looks like yesterday's forecast for today was wrong as our high will be 101F.  We're heading out about 8am to make DH's routine follow up appointment at UTSW at 10.  When we leave there, we'll be heading to Forth Worth to pick the watches at the jewelry story and a stop at Costco.  I hope we are home before it gets too hot.

Someone else can enjoy my Cuban Sandwich.  I had one on a ship, and found the pork way too dry.  I vaguely remember the Gossamer Condor's flight.  I hope my inner nerd isn't too nerdy.

The Abraham Lincoln quote is true.

The meal might worth making, but I'd like to see the recipes.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have been to Prince Rupert once on the Alaska Marine Highway ferry Matanuska.

This day in 1305 was not a good day for William Wallace.  I remember seeing the first picture of earth from space, and earth being called the Big Blue Marble.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, safe travels to your DS as he returns from Singapore.

@grapau27  Graham, as always thank you for researching two of the days today.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, I hope all goes well with the project, and you can finish it today.

@Vict0riann  Ann, I hope all goes well at your appointment today.  I also hope Pat is feeling much, much better.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope it doesn't rain too hard while you are taking care of appointments today.

456214879_122134810538309965_2886655772681893915_n.jpg.dcbdf846bebf976becf21f13e79ac5af.jpg

454729352_419689804550571_8594962272095639717_n.jpg.71142de44e147c2938ee00684a3ff38c.jpg

455967500_355294610968236_8886310466075941801_n.jpg.8bb5c6985fe3cfd2195ebda0f6bc7657.jpg

456081388_27173182692268831_6077678362969001187_n.jpg.297549538313d4e136ecb208a41d190f.jpg

456139148_122162252576047017_3828116453887339338_n.jpg.905b8c72336de69ab4bb1776942841d3.jpg

455811203_1020030160130944_7803121116140934952_n.jpg.385a68023d2177da001d86eba03616ee.jpg

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 24

37 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

OK -- I looked up a FIVE STAR, highly complimented Cubano Sandwich recipe...  

This one did look tasty!!

A Cuban sandwich sliced in half with the two halves stacked on each other on a plate.

Easy Cuban Sandwich
The delicious Easy Cuban Sandwich is layered with two kinds of pork, loads of melted swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard. Toasted in butter and pressed to perfection, this is one ultimate sandwich for pork lovers.
Prep Time
20minutes mins
Cook Time
40minutes mins
Total Time
1hour hr
Course: lunch, Main CourseCuisine: CubanKeyword: Cuban, Cuban Sandwich Recipe, easy, sandwich Servings: 8 Sandwiches Author: Alyssa Rivers
Ingredients
Pork Tenderloin
1 pound pork tenderloin
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Sandwich
2 loaves Cuban bread (Italian bread will also work)

1 pound Swiss cheese sliced
1 pound smoked ham sliced
1 cup dill pickles sliced
1/4 cup mustard
2 tablespoons butter

Instructions
Pork Tenderloin
Preheat the oven to 375º Fahrenheit and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Place the pork tenderloin on the prepared baking sheet. In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, garlic cloves, oregano, and cumin together and pour over the pork.
Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145º Fahrenheit. Thinly slice the meat and set aside.
Sandwich
Slice each loaf of bread in half lengthwise and then cut it into four equal parts.
Begin layering the ingredients by adding half of the cheese to the bottom layer of the sandwich bread. Top with the smoked ham, sliced pork, and pickles. Place the remaining cheese on top. Spread mustard on the top piece of bread and place on the sandwich.
Melt the butter in a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and set a heavy skillet, such as an iron skillet, on top of the sandwiches to press them down. Once toasted flip the sandwich and repeat.

37 minutes ago, LambKnuckles said:

OK -- I looked up a FIVE STAR, highly complimented Cubano Sandwich recipe...  

This one did look tasty!!

A Cuban sandwich sliced in half with the two halves stacked on each other on a plate.

Easy Cuban Sandwich
The delicious Easy Cuban Sandwich is layered with two kinds of pork, loads of melted swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard. Toasted in butter and pressed to perfection, this is one ultimate sandwich for pork lovers.
Prep Time
20minutes mins
Cook Time
40minutes mins
Total Time
1hour hr
Course: lunch, Main CourseCuisine: CubanKeyword: Cuban, Cuban Sandwich Recipe, easy, sandwich Servings: 8 Sandwiches Author: Alyssa Rivers
Ingredients
Pork Tenderloin
1 pound pork tenderloin
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
3 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Sandwich
2 loaves Cuban bread (Italian bread will also work)

1 pound Swiss cheese sliced
1 pound smoked ham sliced
1 cup dill pickles sliced
1/4 cup mustard
2 tablespoons butter

Instructions
Pork Tenderloin
Preheat the oven to 375º Fahrenheit and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Place the pork tenderloin on the prepared baking sheet. In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, garlic cloves, oregano, and cumin together and pour over the pork.
Cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145º Fahrenheit. Thinly slice the meat and set aside.
Sandwich
Slice each loaf of bread in half lengthwise and then cut it into four equal parts.
Begin layering the ingredients by adding half of the cheese to the bottom layer of the sandwich bread. Top with the smoked ham, sliced pork, and pickles. Place the remaining cheese on top. Spread mustard on the top piece of bread and place on the sandwich.
Melt the butter in a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and set a heavy skillet, such as an iron skillet, on top of the sandwiches to press them down. Once toasted flip the sandwich and repeat.

Great recipe but I rather buy one at my local restaurant.  That takes five minutes! 😀

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

Shish tawook- middle eastern chicken kabobs

Yogurt, tomato paste and spices are the important ingredients in the marinade. This recipe suggests serving the shish tawook in a pita bread with lettuce leaves and garlic sauce.

Shish Tawook {Authentic Lebanese Recipe} - Feel Good Foodie

image.thumb.png.57c76498ccf9293773bf9e76a6590278.png

Authentic Shish Tawook (Grilled Chicken Skewers) - Urban Farm and Kitchen

A little bit of tomato paste shows up in this one too. This one is served with garlic sauce and sumac onions as well as a salad.

image.thumb.png.0bcbd321b1818ce92fdc1c2e03b0820a.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 2

We have been to Prince Rupert on a ship, but not on a BHB.  We arrived there on the Alaska Marine Highway ferry Matanuska in August 2011.  It was very early on a rainy morning, and I only have one picture as we approached the ferry terminal.

P1030735.thumb.JPG.6a3ffefd053d8f6e7a0ef1c1e4749d51.JPG

The Matanuska in two ports.  The first is in Haines, AK, where we boarded.

P1030660.thumb.JPG.ae35f59d5a92602512cd3362256eebd8.JPG

P1030715.thumb.JPG.878cd4acc58bbadc9ac4d1c132e87884.JPG

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

A huge THANK YOU for all of the birthday wishes! 😁
this time last year, I was I Boston waiting to board Zaandam for my first HAL cruise (Boston to Montreal) on my birthday.  And IIRC, same for @Blackduck59

( first HAL and birthday).

thanks for all of thoughts, info, open arms…. And daily fun.

I think my inner nerd is always apparent,  will take Chardonnay any day (but especially on my birthday).   Need to see the kebab recipes before I decide….  Have been to Prince Rupert once (in between ferries) in 1988.   I booked a B&B , which happened to be a room in an empty-nester’s house.   She picked us up with her camper van, so we rode to her house in the dinette portion of her van (one of the more “interesting “ transfers we have taken!)

Thanks again for the flowers and birthday wishes.

And happy birthday to @Vict0riann too!

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Rich! A lovely, cool, dry start to the day. Yesterday’s visit to the local retirement community was a sharp contrast to the one we visited last week. I have to look at everything a bit more closely, but my gut tells me the one outside of Jacksonville is the one for me. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with our happenings. Praying your day is uneventful - unless it is a fun unexpected event. 😎

Eva, thank you for joining Dixie & me on the F & B team, so Debbie can enjoy herself without worrying about any Dailyite going hungry. 

Gym, Bindi walks, more rug washing, other normal chores, and maybe some pool time. 

IMG_3162.jpeg.2228a7d38e54ce59b4ba194874382f85.jpeg

IMG_3221.jpeg.b41745aa0100846a5a65352f241f09b3.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg.c076dd31aa91ccfc1375720a87038b42.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Tana, praying your feistiness is fully engaged today! Terry, praying that you have an easy day today. Prayers for Melisa, Pat & Ann, Annie & Chuck, Jacqui, @NextOne , Bonnie, Tony, and Terri & Jim. Prayers for all our caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Who knows maybe @Vict0riann & @AroundWithMAPTravels are twins separated at birth! Maybe not. Regardless May each of your new years be filled with wonderful things!

IMG_3005.jpeg.6d6e45930801f125a0c55751893f9263.jpeg

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Pride Mountain 2021 Chardonnay (Napa Valley)

Though Chardonnay is not my white wine of choice, I always enjoy a sip. There are a few that have won me over! This one sounds interesting. Quite a few distributors, with online prices starting at $38.95.

Winemaker Notes

The 2021 Chadonnay hails from Napa’s southernmost AVAs, where wind and fog contribute to much cooler growing conditions. Lemon peel and green apple mingle with sea salt, beeswax, and linden flower. Bosc pear, fines herbes, and cheese rind dance on the textured yet vibrant palate. The wine balances richness, tension, and energy through to the finish in a California nouveau style. Blend: 100% Chardonnay

95 Wine Enthusiast

Subtle baking spice and oak-toast aromas lead to a silky smooth palate alive with nuances of white peaches, vanilla bean, cream and poached pears. The wine is luscious but balanced, quiet on the first sip and then growing in flavor impact with each repeated taste.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 4

Good morning. It was 58 for the first dog walk of the day but going up to  80.

I love Cuban sandwiches and there is a place in town that is always busy that makes them. The cars are not just double parked but sometimes triple parked outside the building. 
I would like to ride the wind and will celebrate my inner nerd. Mr Lincoln was a wise man. The recipes look delicious.

My DB is arriving to spend the weekend with us and told me he is bringing dinner.He always follows a strict diet due to his health issues and Tana was wondering what it would be. We call him the”food police” with affection.

@Vict0riann, Ann, A very Happy Birthday to you! I hope the appointment goes well and that Pat is feeling better.

@AroundWithMAPTravels, Melanie, a very Happy Birthday!

Have a great day everyone 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, friends! Looks like a nice day again today - I'm enjoying this "pre-fall" weather!

I've convinced DS that I can negotiate the 2 steps from the kitchen to the family room without his help. Trying to accomplish the little things so he won't have as much to do.

I've been to Pride Mountain winery - a interesting drive up the mountain on a twisty road. 

Looking forward to seeing Prince Rupert next year.

Congratulations to all those celebration, and praying for those with concerns.

Have a good day, friends!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, thank you Eva, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Thank you all for the prayers! DSIL's surgery went very well! Even though it was late in the day, she managed well. Surgery took about 1 hour 20 minutes. Thankfully she had a nerve block administered so it should allow some rest before trying to keep the pain in check. Now on to recovery and the work in rehab.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. It’s 52 degrees outside but should be an another beautiful day. High yesterday was 73 degrees with a slight breeze that had the Aspen trees quaking. Dinner was a pork butt that cooked all day with intoxicating aroma of hickory smoke. Desert was a homemade cherry pie. This is cherry land but was told it wasn’t a very good growing season.

Sue’s brother and wife arrive today and a niece and her hubby so it will be a full log home tonight. 
Happy Birthday’s to @Vict0riann and @AroundWithMAPTravels!

Time for a second cup of coffee. Have a great weekend and thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.ef627b6863ca607a51814c867f32be42.jpeg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:
Thank you Rich, thank you Eva, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Thank you all for the prayers! DSIL's surgery went very well! Even though it was late in the day, she managed well. Surgery took about 1 hour 20 minutes. Thankfully she had a nerve block administered so it should allow some rest before trying to keep the pain in check. Now on to recovery and the work in rehab.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Jack, I'm glad your DSIL's surgery went well.

28 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It was 58 for the first dog walk of the day but going up to  80.

I love Cuban sandwiches and there is a place in town that is always busy that makes them. The cars are not just double parked but sometimes triple parked outside the building. 
I would like to ride the wind and will celebrate my inner nerd. Mr Lincoln was a wise man. The recipes look delicious.

My DB is arriving to spend the weekend with us and told me he is bringing dinner.He always follows a strict diet due to his health issues and Tana was wondering what it would be. We call him the”food police” with affection.

@Vict0riann, Ann, A very Happy Birthday to you! I hope the appointment goes well and that Pat is feeling better.

@AroundWithMAPTravels, Melanie, a very Happy Birthday!

Have a great day everyone 

Terry, I'm happy your DB will be there this weekend to help you.  And there is the added bonus he's bringing dinner.

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Dailyites 

It's a beautiful morning on the patio. Our cardinals are chirping away. Expect it to hit 100 today. The next 10 days look to be in the 90's.

Prayers lifted for our friends and family. Thinking of each of you. My DSis had her incisions checked. All looked good. Waiting on pathology results.

Happy Birthday to @Vict0riann and @AroundWithMAPTravels

My girlfriend and family are stuck at the Athens airport. So far thier delayed flight is going on 6 hours. But she said they had a fabulous cruise and air travel troubles won't take the smile from her face.

Today is an easy going day. I watered my friends plants and trees already, and I have a lunch date with MSH. 

I would like to say a non political comment about the DNC last night. I thought the "Chicks" and Pink were awesome! The music really was upper crust. The drummers were great and the guy playing the drums upside down was wow!

Wishing you all a lovely weekend and sending you blessings. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  I woke early, tummy wasnt happy, went back to sleep, slept until 8:45, fed cats, caught up on posts today and now I am off to work.  I will catch up with you all I hope before 11 at night, like yesterday.

I had the largest sale for our group in Orlando last night.- 2K.  and then another dale fright afterwards, and then nothing.  Oh well, it was a good sales day.  Hugs to all

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I remember having a delicious Cuban sandwich during one of our visits to Miami.  Wish I could ride the wind, but it doesn't look like we'll be doing that any time soon.  I think there's a little bit of an inner nerd in every one of us, some just let it show more than others.

It's a cool start to the morning with a temp of 11 (51) and fog - very strange for this part of the world.  Not sure if we'll see much of the sun today at all because we're under an air quality advisory for later in the day due to smoke from the northern fires.  It could turn into a warm one with a high of 29 (84) which won't bother us at all, as it won't be long before we'll be getting into much lower temps.

@Vict0riannwishing you a very Happy Birthday today - also wishing you the best of luck at your oncologist visit today.

@AroundWithMAPTravelsHappy Birthday to you as well; enjoy your special day!

@kazuI hope the rain doesn't interfere with your errands today - you're such a busy gal, and accomplish so much all by yourself while battling pain.  Kudos to you.

@bennybearI had to check to see when we did our Rotterdam tri-fecta, but we weren't on the same one - ours was in August, 2011.

@marshhawkcongrats on the great sales!

This morning we're off to the cardiac rehab program; yesterday we received an email that DH's "graduation" will take place next Wednesday when he'll be given his red shirt and I'll get a white one as his support person.  It will also be the time when he can start paying for the monthly program, which is good because if you pay for it, you kind of want to keep going, right?

I've written down the drink for research purposes, will let others enjoy the chardonnay, but really like the look of today's menu suggestion.  I'm copying down the first one and would likely serve it with a garlic mayo or tzatziki sauce.  It's Friday night pizza night, so we'll be checking the menus to see what suits our fancy to enjoy on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to those with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good very early morning from a still dark central Texas where it is 83F and already feels like 92F.  Currently the humidity is 83% with a dew point of 76F.  It looks like yesterday's forecast for today was wrong as our high will be 101F.  We're heading out about 8am to make DH's routine follow up appointment at UTSW at 10.  When we leave there, we'll be heading to Forth Worth to pick the watches at the jewelry story and a stop at Costco.  I hope we are home before it gets too hot.

Someone else can enjoy my Cuban Sandwich.  I had one on a ship, and found the pork way too dry.  I vaguely remember the Gossamer Condor's flight.  I hope my inner nerd isn't too nerdy.

The Abraham Lincoln quote is true.

The meal might worth making, but I'd like to see the recipes.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have been to Prince Rupert once on the Alaska Marine Highway ferry Matanuska.

This day in 1305 was not a good day for William Wallace.  I remember seeing the first picture of earth from space, and earth being called the Big Blue Marble.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, safe travels to your DS as he returns from Singapore.

@grapau27  Graham, as always thank you for researching two of the days today.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, I hope all goes well with the project, and you can finish it today.

@Vict0riann  Ann, I hope all goes well at your appointment today.  I also hope Pat is feeling much, much better.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope it doesn't rain too hard while you are taking care of appointments today.

456214879_122134810538309965_2886655772681893915_n.jpg.dcbdf846bebf976becf21f13e79ac5af.jpg

454729352_419689804550571_8594962272095639717_n.jpg.71142de44e147c2938ee00684a3ff38c.jpg

455967500_355294610968236_8886310466075941801_n.jpg.8bb5c6985fe3cfd2195ebda0f6bc7657.jpg

456081388_27173182692268831_6077678362969001187_n.jpg.297549538313d4e136ecb208a41d190f.jpg

456139148_122162252576047017_3828116453887339338_n.jpg.905b8c72336de69ab4bb1776942841d3.jpg

455811203_1020030160130944_7803121116140934952_n.jpg.385a68023d2177da001d86eba03616ee.jpg

Lenda

Ms Crystal, As far as the speed limit sign, I was there and got a speeding ticket for going tooo slowww! 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. It’s 52 degrees outside but should be an another beautiful day. High yesterday was 73 degrees with a slight breeze that had the Aspen trees quaking. Dinner was a pork butt that cooked all day with intoxicating aroma of hickory smoke. Desert was a homemade cherry pie. This is cherry land but was told it wasn’t a very good growing season.

Sue’s brother and wife arrive today and a niece and her hubby so it will be a full log home tonight. 
Happy Birthday’s to @Vict0riann and @AroundWithMAPTravels!

Time for a second cup of coffee. Have a great weekend and thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.ef627b6863ca607a51814c867f32be42.jpeg

Where are you? And I don’t plan to come over for dinner! 😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I proudly wear a nerd badge!  I don't think I have ever had a Cuban sandwich but it does look tempting and I would love to ride the wind.  I have eaten a Shish Tawook but never made it (must try sometime), the drink would be ok, pass on the wine (white) and never been to Prince Rupert.  Interesting quote and days in history.

ScreenShot2024-08-16at16_40_05.thumb.png.018e3c61a1f70df63b2d0d8c48979e27.png

We had some lightening and thunder during school yesterday but only drops of rain.  I HATE lightening and thunder.  It was reported yesterday Tucson had a tornado a couple of days ago - VERY unusual here.  Today should be a repeat of yesterday with high monsoon action and highs reaching the upper 90s.  Presently, it is a muggy 78F with 63% humidity.

ScreenShot2024-08-21at12_59_23.thumb.png.4a57195e26d8fa7cbdeb6074b8ba1452.png

Happy Birthday to @Vict0riann and @AroundWithMAPTravels!

I am glad @Heartgrove SIL, @Seasick Sailor DSis and @NextOne are doing well post-surgery.  Keep up the good work!!

ScreenShot2024-08-16at16_39_23.thumb.png.e71fb20fbc72326f0a6597d8989454fe.png

Thoughts for all needing extra support and cheers to those celebrating.  Off to sub at the Jr High!  Have a great day everyone!!

ScreenShot2024-08-22at17_42_15.thumb.png.78dbf306a231419a18c427677be59889.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

I've convinced DS that I can negotiate the 2 steps from the kitchen to the family room without his help. Trying to accomplish the little things so he won't have as much to do.

Food doe you, Wsi 😉 Baby steps will lead to bigger ones.

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you all for the prayers! DSIL's surgery went very well! Even though it was late in the day, she managed well. Surgery took about 1 hour 20 minutes. Thankfully she had a nerve block administered so it should allow some rest before trying to keep the pain in check. Now on to recovery and the work in rehab

That is great news Jack!  So glad to hear all went well 🙂 

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

So nice to hear that your DB is coming to visit (and bringing dinner).  Hope he is a good support for you 🤞 

51 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I had the largest sale for our group in Orlando last night.- 2K.  and then another dale fright afterwards, and then nothing.  Oh well, it was a good sales day.  Hugs to all

Good for you Annie 👍 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1