The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday August 27th, 2024

richwmn

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

loved our visit to Ephesus in Kusadasi, Turkey in November 2012 on Crown Princess.  We had a Cruise Critic roll call tour with a few of our fellow passengers.  But first our tour stopped at the final resting place of the Virgin Mary, located in the Solmissus Mountains.  

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLnqi2gtaM2VnnFMG0Zhvmr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356365864

"Pilgrims" leave their prayers on the wall outside her reconstructed home.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKxitOOhBI86TRt4E3OrBvj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356365889

I think he's got it covered here - draw closer to God, be a CEO of a company, marry a fair maiden and good health for his family.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLsQOZ5JzFliqPsU36AcUGQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356365912

On to Ephesus.  Our guide Filiz Capraz00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHx0beaGJGyBCii9fQCsOU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368015

Bits and pieces of stone found at the site00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVImWY50d1ZO6PUp8bpiguYi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368064

Very cool00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJdeGAZs6IsyfpAMC7746Or?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368077

Each column was different00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIAaqhP3xgHb0skXwiLWCma?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368096

Wow!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKejwBdq6qFD-tsJo-zHQF9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368179

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLArmszYKZ-bz-EVRu1SPjq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356366517

The Celsus Library00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLAbNLtGUInE3dxLfu-Xvos?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356366892

We went in to view the Terrace Houses which are covered to preserve them.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_EuX-2ANY5UIWG--1QO2Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356366641

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJv_bXdhHS_nvIKEAEH6tFZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368496

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJC0K71rcYG8ph_TKpimcHM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356366796

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIPrgdJiMQx3cOZO1_6ilKv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356366885

The Great Theater00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ28tDsz4Ih62vE3IauO1bw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368775

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgSa5XkA5xwnPbpeTzZON3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1356368741

In 2014, we visited Kusadasi twice on the Prinsendam.  Here is what we did on one of those visits.

We walked up the big hill to the statue at the top.  That was unique.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKiNYhybHEok0bZF_VXrQKL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416787729

the statue on top of the hill00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVITdOZDKAmvayB8IuC_Ixso?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416787740

nice view!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKJGAZbiB15We9F61C859h5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416787740

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgdTthopiCC80VurtPFY4T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416787742

Turn around SLC, I am the guy that is third in line.

Made it to the Library and they discovered I had a book 2,103 years over due! 😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Ok, not fair! We had carrot Chicago dogs the other day. Will this become like the butternut squash showing up everywhere? I don’t like these recipes any better than the Chicago style but I could see making them if I had friends or family members who were vegetarian.

BBQ Carrot Dogs

image.png.35fe5e883ad055b5a8e342f0578a692f.png

Grilled Carrot Dogs Recipe

Both recipes par boil the carrot first and are otherwise very similar 

image.thumb.png.f0ad05e85de729c0aad16f4051121441.png

This was the food of choice last week. Are my eyes that bad!

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Good morning to all. Cool here this morning with temp of 48 when dogs and I ventured forth. High today in the mid-70's. Looks like the weather is cooling down but it is also drying out again. Will turn the sprinklers on again tomorrow.

Have not been to Ephesus. I am enjoying the pictures since I had to cancel my Med cruise. I know I would have trouble handling the walking and the crowds. But it all looks wonderful. The shopping looks great too although that is the last thing I need to do these days. I am trying to thin out the closets.

Spent most of yesterday trying to rehome a very sweet older lab-mix gentleman whose owner has had to go into a nursing home which does not allow large dogs. I think I have been successful and am feeling much relieved. He will join his new family this morning and it should be a good fit. If not we have rescue on standby.

Best wishes to all, hope the day treats everyone well. I have nothing special on my schedule except to catch up with what I planned to do yesterday and did not get done. There is lots of that.

Susan

• Like 23

Good morning,

I am back. I have been so busy this summer I haven’t had time to keep up. I spent two weeks helping a friend after her knee surgery and decided she was her own worse enemy. I got back from my week in Tucson and spent 8 days with new friends and got the rest and relaxation I needed. I have missed spending time with the grands and will get some of that today as I pick them up from school. 

I will be home for two weeks and then off to Minnesota my 50 year high school reunion. I am hoping more people sign up. Of the 150 or so who have only a few of the people I want to see are going. It’s a long drive so I may still back out. 

I am sad to see so many of the group have had issues this summer. I will continue to pray things improve. Murphy is on low flow oxygen during the day and CPAP at night. It has freed her up to explore outside the home during the day. Her mom is due to deliver baby two any day now. 

Have a great day!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Gerry @ger_77 thanks for your kind remarks about the twins and big sis.  Not a bad idea at all with the individual duvets.  No more complaints about hogging the blankets!

27 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Turn around SLC, I am the guy that is third in line.

Made it to the Library and they discovered I had a book 2,103 years over due! 😳

LOL!  I wonder if the Ephesus Library still has a librarian on duty??

• Like 16

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites! 10 am and 85 degrees.  I went across the street to walk the dog, and it has been so dry that the worms are climbing out of the earth, but are committing suicide on the pavement and street.  Tomorrow will be warmer, and the day after warmer.  ICK!

Last night was crock pot BBQ pulled pork with homemade coleslaw.  Very yummy.  Breakfast was an eggo with giant blueberries on it, and a small sausage patty.  Again another yummy 

Which brings me to the carrot dog.  I had my first hot dog in 2 years this past Sunday, and to make it worse, it was from a gas station rolling machine.    Not familiar with this style  of cuisine, I didnt know that the condiments that were normal were on the other side of the stand, so I put glow in the dark "Chicago" relish on it, but when I realized i could not find the mustard, I was told to go to the other side of the stand.  Ah, real relish, and mustard.  I put more relish on it, and DH and I took our bounty to a shady parking lot on the way home, and reminisced about all the times we did this during the first year of Covid.  It does bring new meaning to dining out..But when I was done with the dog, I said to DH, the next time I will just get the bun, and have the two relishes on it with mustard. If the flavor of the carrot is smoky, the texture not mushy and not too crisp  and I can put relish and mustard on it, I'm all in for trying it.  But we have not had a grill for the last two years.  DH makes all our steaks in a cast iron pan, guess I can buy some liquid smoke.  

We were lucky enough to go to Kusadasi last year on our Rome to Home trip.  We started with the Church of St. John, that if it had been completed it would have been the largest church in the world, but it was not completed.

image.thumb.jpeg.2e91de8f92b88f9e4da3f8e52d8afffc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4a9b42e27a6a7b612bed98f20e9e59b1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.689cffeb294b7f3e3f042761a0eaaad5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5de3e4fc9ca6587d1eb566f0fad58aee.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12425db715609f7bbb364e761b7d5c9e.jpeg

From here we loaded back up on the bus, and headed up into the mountains to the House of the Virgin Mary.  I know I might have missed a lot, and by now my main goal was to find a ladies room.

image.thumb.jpeg.4256ba356f45c9c5385c6139b5674396.jpeg

and then on to Ephesus- we came back down the mountain and the bus left us off on the northern part of the historical city, so we did walk from one end to the other, on somewhat slippery slate streets.  DH who is walking with his cane on this trip is not speedy, and as I am his eyes I was not speedy either, and our tour guide seemed to be in a bit of a rush -perhaps to get us to the parking lot/shopping area...but these are pictures from the walk through town-

image.thumb.jpeg.943c6a8b02751ae55b48ee378fd543cc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.43845ea1e6ecd3cf0fa6d0891cd74249.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e380d6e0e0babdad3b34ca2fb5583ac9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.56acbce17ec0e579f64c4ec66f1094fe.jpeg

a smaller theatre

image.thumb.jpeg.06790f6a737f73068ca0b335f3cec25f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8cba31b70a99edb31eccd483d67855d0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2e7725d4367b5e22a7836f1d94b4ae88.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.825d7e5317926a71189e03f1728a8f8f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bcd172edd6ed6e92064e5f1f9e15c4ff.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9a93fa303d956db11c00b134b4d523b7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.22fedd71e98e1637a1db88f760457e10.jpeg

by this time, we had lost our group---

image.thumb.jpeg.9dea76be0ca7bbdeb8e77e0e27caa9a9.jpega larger theatre-

image.thumb.jpeg.bd748708dfd31120dfc252ab63661c83.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0f17d93654fbac5eef4ca3ed474aafa6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ee0ca6971ff6d34d5776235a5640434e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.43b331f6e51de539d4d24b157b51dbea.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.77bcfd3a4445329e8c56ae909433e7f1.jpeg

By the time they tried to shuffle us in to a rug shop, I just told them I  felt ill, and had to go back to the ship.  No rug for me, and how true it was that I was ill.  I had no idea that this would be my last good day on a 25 day cruise.  

This port is a must, and I thought it the most beautiful port we stopped at.

I would love to go back.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 8

Good morning. We arrived home last night on schedule. I stayed up too late and slept in this morning. We have just a few days to get ready for our next adventure to California followed by Hawaii. 
Will cut this short for now and will make time later to catch up what’s happening with my Daily friends. Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.81e1da61ae1e456b0b7fd043d3a82914.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ac8cf9bd8b2d7a318126275de2c075e7.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 18

Good sunny morning. It’s going to be a hot one today and even hotter tomorrow. 
I was a bad cat mom last night and accidentally locked Tux in the space between the front door and the screen door overnight. DB heard a faint voice and went looking for him when he got up this morning. He was not very happy with me but is okay now. It won’t happen again.

I know it’s early but Hotel Hershey just opened up reservations for Thanksgiving buffet. I’m booked for 12 noon. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

There is about 10% truth in the Skinner quotation, to the extent that the exercise of free will is constrained by circumstances (some choices not available) as well as personality and experience (some choices that an individual is incapable of taking).

I am worried about this carrot trend. There are so many different ways that a carrot could be presented and so many places that could have different styles. Will we soon see the Toledo carrot dog, from Tony Packo's?

Actual dinner here tonight should be a stir fry with frying peppers, Swiss chard, and tofu. The very idea of watermelon sangria makes me queasy. For the wine, maybe the 2023 Albariño from Anyela's Vineyards on Skaneateles Lake, $20.95. "This white wine originates from Spain. It possesses distinct botanical aromas with clean fruit (peach and apricot) flavors. A crisp, smooth finish: pairs well with fish."

I think I've posted Ephesus pictures before. On the question of library fines, you would have to pay them in Roman denarii.

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. I had a half-baked plan to do yard work early, before it got too hot, but I wasn't expecting it to be cold and foggy. After taking the trash out, I went back to bed.

Another project for today is to find my new car-registration sticker or, if it has never come, find out how to obtain a replacement. I do have the temporary registration from renewing online.

giftshop.jpg.4d371385fa55ee252065075691b0fd59.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 9

Good morning, 

We had rain starting late yesterday afternoon and through the night but it's cloudy now and we're not going to make 70 degrees today. DS came over yesterday afternoon and did a few of the "son-do" jobs for me and we had quite the chat about life, his view of things, etc. He needed to just talk and I can just listen. 

Today is PT, lunch at a local Mexican place with the Widows Support Group, putting gas in the car and going to recycle since DS loaded it all in the car for me. This is a new restaurant for me so looking forward to it. Then more shredding, putting the trash out, and other exciting things! 

Karen

• Like 23

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Cinemas are nice to visit. Petroleum is important. I haven't read any of "The Duchess" books. I'll disagree with the quote; I made decisions about my life. Carrot dogs again? Just no. I'll pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Ephesus, would love to see it, but I don't imagine I'll get there. Too bad that pact didn't result in no more wars.

Another hot and humid day (94F with feel like 98F). It's an air action day. Some schools have a half day due to the heat, as not all students have received devices for remote learning. Cooling centers are open. I will mainly be inside except for going to PT this afternoon (and their AC can't keep up, so I'd better take some ice water with me). BFF and I and friends booked our 2025 Alaska cruise yesterday.

@summer slope Prayers for a smooth cataract surgery today.

@rafinmd Good luck with the pulmonologist today.

@grapau27 Thanks for the definition.

@StLouisCruisers Excellent photos from Kusadasi/Ephesus. The twins are precious and Miss Ellie is very cute. Their DGM Lisa is fortunate.

@cunnorl I'm glad you're ok, if bruised.

@smitty34877 Hoping you and Tana have a boring day. I can understand Tana's concern for the teenager playing football.

@Sir PMP Thanks for the map and photos.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos from Ephesus and Kusadasi. 

@LambKnuckles I had the same thing a few years ago and the cortisone shot was wondrous as the pain was gone! 

@richwmn We appreciate all you do and I think the comments about the meals are a bit tongue in cheek, not really complaints.

@Stpatsirish Welcome to the Daily!

@Mr. Boston Lovely photos.

@ger_77 I like the twin duvet thing after spending time in Germany, where it's the norm.

@durangoscots Bless you for helping to rehome that dog.

@cruising sister You've been busy! I'm glad to hear that Murphy is able to be out and about more during the day. Her DM will soon be very busy!

@marshhawk Thanks for the Kusadasi and Ephesus photos. 

@Seasick Sailor Continued prayers for Bonnie.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast for those Celebrating.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7

On the subject of viewing medical test results online, here's a recent column by Mikkael Sekeres, an oncologist at the U. of Miami.

https://wapo.st/4dEJFdR

First, ask yourself if you’re comfortable viewing test results on your own. If you see an abnormality, are you okay living with that information until you can discuss it with a doctor? There’s no shame in saying no. I choose to not view my own test results until I’m in my doctor’s office, so she can tell me whether any out-of-range values are concerning. I’d rather not stew over them in a vacuum, and I know I will.

If you do view the results, remember: Not all test abnormalities are concerning, even if the language in a result is. A CT scan ordered to view the kidneys will also describe other organs in the abdomen and sometimes the skin, bones and lungs. Radiology reports are notorious for raising the specter of worrisome diagnoses by using phrases such as “cannot rule out cancer” or “in the right clinical context, cancer should be considered” to describe findings that may be completely innocent. In one analysis of 22 studies conducted in over 18,000 people undergoing CT scans of the chest, 45 percent had a finding other than the one for which the test was intended. Most were not medically significant. Doctors sometimes facetiously call these “incidentalomas.”

• Like 10
  • Thanks 12

@ger_77, we’ve done the separate blanket thing for a few years now. We started out with matching ones, but that soon devolved into more personalized choices!  In the winter, I love my weighted blanket, and DH has his cotton blanket topped with a lightweight comforter. In the summer, I have a lightweight comforter and he has just a cotton blanket. It has been an excellent solution for us. 

@1ANGELCAT, I did that once. Poor squished Mykonos spent the night standing up. I don’t remember if the weather was hot or cold, but heartfelt apologies were given and received, and I felt like dirt!

Municipal election here today, so we will go vote for mayor, district councilor, and a couple of charter questions. Happy to say that these positions are all non-partisan. 

A break in the heat is due for the weekend - YIPPEE!!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

On the subject of viewing medical test results online, here's a recent column by Mikkael Sekeres, an oncologist at the U. of Miami.

https://wapo.st/4dEJFdR

First, ask yourself if you’re comfortable viewing test results on your own. If you see an abnormality, are you okay living with that information until you can discuss it with a doctor? There’s no shame in saying no. I choose to not view my own test results until I’m in my doctor’s office, so she can tell me whether any out-of-range values are concerning. I’d rather not stew over them in a vacuum, and I know I will.

If you do view the results, remember: Not all test abnormalities are concerning, even if the language in a result is. A CT scan ordered to view the kidneys will also describe other organs in the abdomen and sometimes the skin, bones and lungs. Radiology reports are notorious for raising the specter of worrisome diagnoses by using phrases such as “cannot rule out cancer” or “in the right clinical context, cancer should be considered” to describe findings that may be completely innocent. In one analysis of 22 studies conducted in over 18,000 people undergoing CT scans of the chest, 45 percent had a finding other than the one for which the test was intended. Most were not medically significant. Doctors sometimes facetiously call these “incidentalomas.”

Excellent article. Last year I took upon myself to research info from one of these types of report and boy was I wrong. Even the surgeon was won. But the oncologist was right. Bottomline, I will never play Doctor on my own again and just let the experts let me know what needs to be done!

• Like 14

Good morning all!

Today we'll get up only to the low 60's, but then it will heat up to close to 80 by the weekend and lots of sunshine.

Interesting days.. the last cinema we went to was with the DGSs this summer.  I'll pass on the carrot dog, the drink sounds good and I love Albarino wine.  Don't agree with the quote.  We've been to Kusadasi twice.  The first time was only our second cruise in 2006 and we took a HAL tour to Ephasus.  The second time was in 2008 and we sailed with my DS and DBIL.  We got adventurous and took local transportation to Ephasus that time (and guess which time we enjoyed more?) Lots of great memories of our DIY to Ephasus.  

DH is working today, I think I'll get out and do some shopping (not my favorite activity) and probably more gardening.  I have a honey-do list for him the rest of the week. 😉  Looking forward to seeing Rich on Saturday.

Welcome to the Daily @Stpatsirish!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers thank you for the adorable photos of the twins and little Ellie.

My photos of Kusadasi and Ephesus are all pre-digital and similar to the great photos already posted, but here's a photo from online showing Ephesus before they started excavating and now -- still not completely excavated.  

1220251368_Ephesusbeforeandafterexcavation.jpg.8b59fc8f4ae8eec34552da1d16a5c73e.jpg

My carpet we bought in Ephasus -- although I hate shopping at ports, I do still love this carpet. We have it in our bedroom.

carpet.thumb.jpg.03a0440e35fa517a37609519391f3f52.jpg

Celsus Library

Ephasuslibrary.jpg.4933eca489303624a12cff8e3609de18.jpg

My favorite photo of my sister and me relaxing (DIY that day) in Ephasus.

JaniiceandCarolyninEphasus.thumb.jpg.2ecdbb6ed179f171d7e4d1c9a8754cb2.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks for the news of the day!  We have been to Kusadasi twice on the Elegant Explorer, neither time did Pat get to see Ephesus.  The first time we were unprepared, and hadn't booked a tour, so we just walked around Kusadasi, and the second time was the Prinsendam "Noro" cruise.  I had had my bout and had been released from isolation, but Pat and DD were still trapped in our room, so I took the tour on my own.   Ephesus was extremely crowded, we also went to the museum (excellent), Mary's House, and the uncompleted church of St. John.  There was a lunch somewhere, too, with dancing!  

On our walk in Kusadasi

P1020467_1.thumb.JPG.caec65768ecb013cf13a4fac1a79bd50.JPG

CIMG0477_1.thumb.JPG.6ac8f731a527cb0c1f810db2a192aaf4.JPG

P1020479_1.thumb.JPG.9af08259e302151cf37fda6f18f4b466.JPG

P1020478_1.thumb.JPG.cc14f1a0592030c55b18eeef9d5c59ca.JPG

Crowds in Ephesus, it was best to point the camera upwards!

CIMG3014.thumb.JPG.014fe203f6a4a56de5efd0ffea71b31d.JPG

CIMG3047.thumb.JPG.10e1c806f361009d39bd58bef69216ed.JPG

CIMG3027.thumb.JPG.2b85f24c6cd7361cef081cc8fc28bf7a.JPG

The cats could go where people couldn't!

CIMG3023.thumb.JPG.94d67be6c3e99f249561adfcbd2e11c9.JPG

CIMG3064.thumb.JPG.45d9db7520e6eb719230460f69c29205.JPG

My other pictures are much like those already posted, so I won't duplicate them...

Pat seems to be pretty well back to his recent normal, a bit breathless, but active.  He's getting lots of rest.  

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

A couple of interesting days.

We have been to Kusadasi a few times on Royal Caribbean cruises.

The shopping is excellent.

Not sure about today's food.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Screenshot_20240827_113456.jpg

thanks you for explaining this as I was thinking of Megan M.  ha ha

And thanks for your comments on prior post which I can't reply to because for some reason CC is closing down quickly.   Nice to hear you have all those P&O cruises booked.

I am doing Anthem next year when she goes to Alaska.  Will be my 4th time on her. Love that ship.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In my Roku quest to watch all of the departures series, there is a commercial that uses this great song.  If you get a chance, take a listen.  It's called Find Your People.  I found mine right here.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&ei=UTF-8&p=find+your+people+song#id=2&vid=69eeca20deb638684cfe5ecf7bbaed66&action=click

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all!  Especially @richwmn  we appreciate all the days and things you have set up for us!  

@StLouisCruisers beautiful babies!  Thank you! 
@smitty34877 how wonderful to hear about Tana’s mothering!  
@cruising sister welcome back from your adventures.  

We too have visited Kusadasi on at least five occasions.  So enjoying the photos.  We even had an unexpected overnight there when the winds were too strong for Mykonos.  So we have done it all,  Ephesus three times.  Last time we arranged for a private guide and visited the ancient cities of Priene, Miletus and Didyma.  One of the best tours ever.  We saw the ancient city where St Paul visited, up the mountain looking to the sea, the wonderful theatre at Miletus and the beautiful city of Didyma, with wonderful carvings and soaring columns.    We enjoyed eating ripe figs off the trees with nary a tourist in sight! 
Didyma 

IMG_2937.jpeg

IMG_2936.jpeg

IMG_2935.jpeg

IMG_2929.jpeg

IMG_2927.jpeg

IMG_2919.jpeg

IMG_2918.jpeg

IMG_2915.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 5