Symphony of the Seas Live - No Sleep til Brooklyn. September 1st - 8th, 2024

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Originally, we’re supposed to be cleared to get off the ship at 7 AM, until we got notification a few days ago that we wouldn’t be cleared until eight. We were one of the first off the ship at 8:20. Thankfully, we kept our luggage for the express walk off. When we walked past the luggage area, nothing was even there yet. Facial recognition for customs was perfect.  I’d have to say, the help from Shane with the express elevator was a great benefit.  

In the meantime we are in constant contact with our Uber driver, texting to let them know that we would be delayed and asked him if he would be kind enough to wait for us. He did, and we were very thankful. We let him know that as well.😉

I forgot to mention that this was our second Uber driver. Our first one cancelled on us. 😳

It took us 20 minutes to get to the airport once out of the cruise terminal. We’ve cleared security and we’re now sitting in the lounge having a little snack. The terminal at Newark is beautiful. 

We left our cabin on deck 17 at 8:05 and were at the airport at 8:43. Everything fell into place to get to the airport for 11am flight.

Had we docked at 7am, as planned, there would have been no concerns. That said we’re here and things seem to be going well.

With all that going on, my daughter and her bf still boarded before 11:15 this morning. Not bad with a late docking. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are out front of the pub right now for a last call with Tim and Courtney.

Unfortunately the singer in the pub doesn’t have the engagement that they normally have. It’s more like very loud background music than an entertainment venue. 

That's a real shame.  There's usually a very good entertainer in the Pub🙅‍♀️

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s one thing that really bothers me about Uber. It has happened to us several times. I think once a driver agrees to pick you up they shouldn’t be allowed to cancel. I think most of them do it when they see another request that is a longer fare making them more money.

Safe travels wished for and Lisa traveling home. Thanks for the great review.

Once I made a appointment with uber and if you are late over 15 minutes they can charge you and leave. I was about 18 minutes late and tipped huge for him to stay rather than pay twice. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks for the screen shots Emmy.  

We had to wait for this beauty to depart from the our docking “bay”. We also departed early last Sunday to make a clear path for another container ship.

We were told the port authority doesn’t like to have a container ship pass the cruise ship in the tight channel.  

Seems to be that they want to avoid any chance of accidental collision. We couldn’t take out the cargo ship but the ferry I think we could take. 

Thank you for the explanation.     Hoping wheels up and almost home now

• Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 9:43 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Although this is a money grab by Royal (I can't blame them since they're a for-profit business), it will provide a nice option for a lot of people stopping in Nassau.  I just hope that they don't start putting Nassau and CocoCay in the same itinerary.  

I have both nassau and coco cay on the same itinerary... too late to say dont do it. 

Next month in fact. Very very soon. Harmony oct 12. 8 days.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Once I made a appointment with uber and if you are late over 15 minutes they can charge you and leave. I was about 18 minutes late and tipped huge for him to stay rather than pay twice. 

In both our cases we were not late we just got a message from Uber that our driver cancelled the trip. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Back in our room and the alarm is set for the morning. The evening update to come tomorrow from the airport. Good night everyone.

Thanks for doing this great review Andrew.  I always really enjoy following yours.  This got me a week closer to mine.  12 days and counting 🙂 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

On the plane, soon ready to push off. Hopefully have our final thoughts done tonight. 

Catch you later. 

IMG_6833.thumb.jpeg.0e65259d9b87627962454556d6c28570.jpeg

Wait. It’s over?! Already?!

Thank you for taking us all along on another Andrew & Lisa adventure!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Wait. It’s over?! Already?!

Thank you for taking us all along on another Andrew & Lisa adventure!

The laundry and unpacking are done.

Final thoughts need to be finished, hopefully later today. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

What is your opinion of MSC?

I sailed my first MSC cruise on Magnifica (solo) out of Miami this past February. I had a fantastic time! She's not a huge ship and a bit older but they've really kept her in great shape. The crew is so friendly and really makes you feel special. In fact, I booked 4 more sailings on her over the summer. When I got back on in April I heard my name being called out on deck, "Miss Donna, Miss Donna!", I turned around and it was a server who waited on me ONE time in the Tiger Lounge 2 months prior... She yells, "welcome back, it's great to see you!". 

I currently have 2 more booked with MSC, both in the Yacht Club. One on Seaside and one on their new ship coming out this summer, World America... I can't wait. I really enjoy MSC.

I plan to book a Bermuda cruise with them out of NY for this April sometime today.

Edited by rrraydon
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sure Owen and Lucy are happy to see you and Lisa.😊

Owen was happy and Lucy was a bit indifferent. That was until we got near the treat cupboard. 

IMG_6867.thumb.jpeg.4b5c7beec8cab40720d934606ed6e913.jpeg

Tonight we “Playmakers” at home. 

IMG_6863.thumb.jpeg.ce4b1a523cf12a166462b543fa9f7723.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3