Best time to get best price

I am currently looking to book a Caribbean Cruise for Easter 2025. I have picked my route   cruise company etc . Just wondering should I wait for a promotion day to book  Cruise I am looking at has no deals , not even on board credit. Should I wait to see if there is a better price or some free extras in black Friday sales or will there be no offers as my dates for travel are during Easter  TIA

Agree with the other responses.  You don't mention which cruise line, but most allow you to book and the if the fares decrease you can contact whomever you booked through and request to have it repriced to the lower fare.  Typically you should be able to do this without penalty, but as suggested confirm that with the cruise line in question.

In particular as it appears you will be booking from Europe and not likely through a US based entity, your booking policies and regulations may vary from the US policies.  So I would definitely talk with whomever you plan to book through to confirm price change options and policies.

Easter is a very popular peak cruising period, in particular in the Caribbean, and the likelihood of a sale or reduced fare offer is pretty slim as typically that cruising timeframe carries a fare premium. That is also a very popular family cruising time. So, as mentioned, the earlier you book the better the chances of the lower offered fares.  But, once booked, monitor your sailing frequently to see if your itinerary or stateroom category has any fare decreases for which you may be eligible.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and enjoy your cruise!

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

If there was a predictable magic time, everyone would wait until then, and try to book. The cruise lines would catch on, and raise their prices for that time frame.

Imagine, they could save money by laying off their staff until those magic windows!

4 hours ago, Lunalovegood_6 said:

I am currently looking to book a Caribbean Cruise for Easter 2025. I have picked my route   cruise company etc . Just wondering should I wait for a promotion day to book  Cruise I am looking at has no deals , not even on board credit. Should I wait to see if there is a better price or some free extras in black Friday sales or will there be no offers as my dates for travel are during Easter  TIA

Hello @Lunalovegood_6 and welcome to the Cruise Critic website & our message boards!

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask s Cruise Question forum! However, it is the forum for general questions regarding cruising. Your inquiry was off topic thereYour new thread has been moved to the UK Cruisers forum where it will be on topic. That is where you can find help about cruising from the UK, or on UK-based ships, from cruisers just like you! Also, we have the The Pub forum you might enjoy for chatting with other UK cruisers for just about anything.

Perhaps something in the following oldie but goodie Cruise Critic articles will be helpful:

Tips For The Best Way to Book a Cruise last updated January 19, 2023

U.K. Passengers Paying the Price to Cruise from the Cruise Critic Archives last updated September 20, 2017

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so happy you found us! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list of the various forums. I suggest you put the page link in your browser's Favorites for quick & easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Please remember the following portion from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Browse Before You Post
Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

Anytime you need to start a new thread on our various forums, first make sure you are in the correct forum for your topic. Use the dark blue Start new topic button and word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This greatly helps the members browsing through the thread titles and if they know the information, they will post replies to you.

Also, it is best to limit each inquiry message to only one topic such as one cruise line, one ship, one port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention the cruise line, ship, sail date or port in your inquiry message if that sort of information will help your fellow Cruise Critic members help you.

Once you book your cruise, be sure to check if there is an existing Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your specific cruise line, ship and sail date. Please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll CallFor more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines.

Use the Roll Call Finder Tool at the top of the ROLL CALLS forum for your specific cruise line & ship to check to see if there is an existing Roll Call thread for your sail date. If not, feel free to start one! And don't worry about any responsibilities in starting a Cruise Critic Roll Call thread. Our Roll Calls belong to all members sailing that cruise; there is no designated leader or owner. It does not matter who started the thread. Our Roll Calls are for Cruise Critic members on the same cruise. They get to know one another online before their cruise so there will be all kinds of discussion in the Roll Call thread for their cruise!

If one already exists, click the Roll Call title to open the thread and read through the posts to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you. Then use the dark blue Reply to this topic button to post an introductory post about yourself. I feel sure your fellow Cruise Critic members will welcome you with replies. For more information regarding posting on our boards, please click here: How to: Reply to a Topic / Quote / Multi-Quote 

The specific Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date is the ONLY place on the Cruise Critic message boards where you and your fellow Roll Call thread members may post personal ads about sharing private tours, excursions or transportation with each other to save money. There is a "captive audience" there since you are all sailing together! Your fellow Roll Call thread members may have important information posted in your Roll Call thread. Especially those that may have sailed your line, ship or itinerary before. Also, they may have already posted share requests that may interest you. 

If you ever need technical help in regard to using the Cruise Critic message board software, go to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. You will see a large amount of "How to..." pinned threads on the forum's first page. Also, browse through the threads in the forum looking for threads of interest. As with other forums on our boards, you may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you. 

So sorry this is so long, but I sincerely hope this information will be helpful to someone new to posting on our message boards. We are soooo happy to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Thanks for all replies.  I am booking with the cruise line directly on their website. I will read the cancellation/ terms & conditions for the booking  . I didn't mention the cruise line company as I thought I read somewhere not to name the cruise line company or maybe it was travel agent.

On another note it took 3 attempts to register on this website and I haven't found it the easiest website to manoeuvre around . Its early days for me , I'm sure I will get a better feel for the website but first impressions have been  daunting..

@Lunalovegood_6

Ignore the information you have received about being able to cancel and rebook - that really only applies in N. America, certainly not in Ireland nor UK.  (There are workarounds, but usually only if you have previously purchased Cruise Deposit certificates from the relevant cruise line.)

There is no problem in mentioning the cruise line.  That is why C. C. has individual fora for each cruise line, and that is where you will find most relevant information.

This forum is mostly used by N. Americans and you will have to weed your way through the information to find the correct info for EU countries.

Even this thread being moved to the UK Cruiser forum shows how much the forum can be out of touch with the world outside of N. America.

However, welcome to the forum, it can be a great resource for cruise information as well as giving a few laughs.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Lunalovegood_6 said:

Thanks for all replies.  I am booking with the cruise line directly on their website. I will read the cancellation/ terms & conditions for the booking  . I didn't mention the cruise line company as I thought I read somewhere not to name the cruise line company or maybe it was travel agent.

On another note it took 3 attempts to register on this website and I haven't found it the easiest website to manoeuvre around . Its early days for me , I'm sure I will get a better feel for the website but first impressions have been  daunting..

I remember when I first got involved with CC how I could never find ANYTHING.  So just hang in there and use the forums and it will all start to work just fine for you.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

This forum is mostly used by N. Americans and you will have to weed your way through the information to find the correct info for EU countries.

I would put this stronger and suggest you really need to thoroughly double check any business/contractual statements made by North Americans. It is not that they are being deliberately misleading, of course,. It's just they don't know that things are different here in Europe (and elsewhere in the world). It's one of the lessons I learned after using the forum for a while - at first you may read several folk all agreeing on a situation and you think "if they're all saying that then it must be so", when it isnt.  

As for the OP, I agree - book early. Apart from specific sales, prices will probably be best then. And you have a better choice of cabins, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It goes without saying that relying on information posted in a public forum is always a bad idea.  What we share on these forums is enlightening, interesting and helpful.  But it may or may not be fact, and it may not apply to travellers who reside outside the US.  We should not have to caveat our posts just in case someone uses the information to his detriment.  

32 minutes ago, Lunalovegood_6 said:

Celebrity Cruises 

Thank you 

Greetings…I have been using CC for years and still get lost/post in the wrong places sometimes!

Coming to your question…Cruise prices on Celebrity are ‘dynamic’ so if a certain category is selling well the price will go up. In our experience popular rooms tend to be higher suites, sunset verandas and verandas with larger balconies. We tend to book early and get the exact room we want. If the price is higher than we want to pay then we look at other options. 

In the UK, in our experience, if prices have generally gone down they do not drop the price you have paid but will let you upgrade as long as what you want is at least £1 higher…I know that sounds complicated but it isn’t…Imagine you have booked an inside at £1,000. Prices go down. Your room category is now going for £800. They won’t give you £200 back but they have sea view rooms now available for £1,030…So you can phone and upgrade to a sea view for only £30. I hope that makes sense. Many cruisers will book an inside to start with then by the time they cruise will have done this a couple of times and finished up in a veranda…My only advice would be don’t book a room you won’t be happy in as you will find on several cruises prices just go up and up…

Obviously you are Ireland…I seem to remember that our terms and conditions are very similar but hopefully a few replies will come from Irish cruisers…

Thank you.  I understand completely what you are saying. I plan to book oceanview,  don't want interior so won't start there. This is only my 2nd cruise so I don't really have a strong preference as to location of cabin ( I will do some reading on the ship on here before I book).I suppose the only thing I am surprised with is that there is no on-board credit on offer . I would hope to add the non alcoholic drinks package as well if there is an offer on that before we travel.

28 minutes ago, Lunalovegood_6 said:

Thank you.  I understand completely what you are saying. I plan to book oceanview,  don't want interior so won't start there. This is only my 2nd cruise so I don't really have a strong preference as to location of cabin ( I will do some reading on the ship on here before I book).I suppose the only thing I am surprised with is that there is no on-board credit on offer . I would hope to add the non alcoholic drinks package as well if there is an offer on that before we travel.

You are doing all the right things! 

Re location of room. Some posters on here have room choice off to a fine art! They know the ones that are slightly larger, slightly bigger window etc and also those to avoid like gets a lot of anchor noise, near a banging door….Looking at the deck plans can be a useful start. Remember there are three different classes of ships (M, S and E). If you look at pictures on YouTube etc make sure you are looking at the appropriate rooms.

It might be worth you starting a new post headed something like “What Oceanview rooms would you recommend/avoid on (name of ship)”. It never fails to amaze me how helpful people are on this site are. 

Re none alcoholic drinks there are a selection of fruit cordials available for free in the buffet and MDR and a few other places. Also basic tea and coffee. Iced water is also available in all dining venues free too. Your room attendant will bring you a bucket of ice twice daily to your room which as it melts is ideal for the night so it is possible to keep drink costs down if you decide not to go for a package. After saying that the cost of a few sodas, specially coffee and bottled water can add up so well worth looking at package prices. Make sure the package you choose is the best one for you.

Happy planning!

Book a cruise at a price that you are willing to pay and watch for sales or on board credit offers and rebook if it's a better deal. The spring season March/April is typically the most expensive time of year to cruise especially in the Caribbean. The best you can hope for is a sale on WiFi and drink Packages.  Price out the daily rate for the all inclusive package. If it's between $50 and $60 book AI if you have plans of adding those items on after booking. It was only $52 a day for both the classic drink package and basic WiFi for my up coming cruise when I booked.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Booking early is key to good pricing. Holiday sailings apply even more. That said once booked if pricing readjusts downward you can request a price adjustment. Be warned however regarding future promotions. They are usually limited to New Bookings only. 

smooth sailing 

19 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I would book early.  Every cruise I have booked on Celebrity has gone up in price after I have booked.  I normally book right as the cruise becomes available.

My mileage varies.  Have found this to be pretty typical for the cruises we book for some reason.  And this one has had tight-ish inventory for quite a while now.

Prices.thumb.jpg.a1f0022ba5f937e532bd62705feef683.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

My mileage varies.  Have found this to be pretty typical for the cruises we book for some reason.  And this one has had tight-ish inventory for quite a while now.

Prices.thumb.jpg.a1f0022ba5f937e532bd62705feef683.jpg

Hmmm.  Interesting.  I think that all of mine have sold out.  Good to know.

2 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Hmmm.  Interesting.  I think that all of mine have sold out.  Good to know.

This one might as well have been sold out.  13 left out of 1,092.  Surprised to see so many suites pop back into inventory right after final.  They usually get snapped up on TAs:

Inside: 1

Ocean View: 0

Veranda: 0

Concierge: 0

Aqua: 1

Sky Suite: 5

Aqua Sky Suite: 4

Celebrity Suite: 2

I booked a deluxe veranda in July on the Equinox for Feb. 2025. Right now the price has increased almost $600.00. A few days ago it was up almost $800.00 This is just a 7 day cruise with not fabulous ports but we have been on the ship 4-5 times and just want a relaxing cruise. I keep checking prices for any reductions but looks like it will not be happening.