Casual meals on premium?

Lollipop's Mom

I just booked a very last-minute today and I’m not really familiar with princess. I’ve been on a lot of other lines.  I booked a mini suite in the reserve, and then got the premium plus package.  
What are the two casual meals per sailing? When I look it up, it seems to see that it’s for the main dining rooms, but it doesn’t make sense that you can only eat there twice.  

5 hours ago, Lollipop's Mom said:

I just booked a very last-minute today and I’m not really familiar with princess. I’ve been on a lot of other lines.  I booked a mini suite in the reserve, and then got the premium plus package.  
What are the two casual meals per sailing? When I look it up, it seems to see that it’s for the main dining rooms, but it doesn’t make sense that you can only eat there twice.  

See this post which lists all the casual dining venues, the ships they appear on and the menus

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 1

If you are in a "reserve class" mini suite as you kind of indicate then your main dining room will be the reserve class dining room. It is open for breakfast and dinner each day, lunch on sea days and lunch on boarding day. It is walk in anytime the DR is open with prompt seating and improved service. There is no charge. There is also no charge for food in the buffet, by the poolside grill and pizza and at the International Cafe.

Casual meals are 3 course meals at separate locations from the MDRs. Selections vary by ship. Examples would be Alfredo's pizza which serves made to order personal pizzas and other selections, Salty Dog Gastropub serving special burgers and also other selections.

These venues are mostly just walk in and mostly just open in the evening. There are some that are open for lunch.

If you mention the ship you would receive additional information.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lollipop's Mom said:

I booked a mini suite in the reserve, and then got the premium plus package.

Check again and see if you have the “Premium” package or the “Plus” package. They are very different in terms of dining options. There is no such thing as “Premium Plus”. That would be like saying “First Class Coach”. If you have “Plus” you get two Casual Meals per cruise. If you have “Premium” you get unlimited Casual Meals and now unlimited Specialty Dining. As noted earlier, venues vary by ship so knowing which ship you booked would be helpful. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Check again and see if you have the “Premium” package or the “Plus” package. They are very different in terms of dining options. There is no such thing as “Premium Plus”. That would be like saying “First Class Coach”. If you have “Plus” you get two Casual Meals per cruise. If you have “Premium” you get unlimited Casual Meals and now unlimited Specialty Dining. As noted earlier, venues vary by ship so knowing which ship you booked would be helpful. 

It’s so new so, hard to tell but I think Princess is referring to their new premier package as Premier+ .. and not premier plus.  How much more confusing can they make this?  😂 

but you are so very right … the difference ps in the packages are stark.  

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

It’s so new so, hard to tell but I think Princess is referring to their new premier package as Premier+ .. and not premier plus.  How much more confusing can they make this?  😂 

but you are so very right … the difference ps in the packages are stark.  

?? Where are you seeing Princess refer to the new Premier package as Premier+?

It's not listed as such on their website under packages, nor in my app or anything..  It clearly just listed as Premier.

Screenshot_20240907-150358.png

13 hours ago, Lollipop's Mom said:

I think if you gave us some more information like what ship you’re on more people could help you with the casual dining venues and the menus. If you booked a reserve collection mini suite, unless you plan on eating at a lot of the casual venues or the specialty dining if you have the premier/top cruise package, I don’t know why you would need that package exactly ,but I know everybody’s different. Maybe you just wanted it for the the mini suite location or that was all that was left on last minute cruise? or more top shelf alcohol? and you didn’t really care about the reserve collection dining room?

Most that book the reserve collection mini suite do it because of the special treatment in the DR

Plus cruise package, yes can only utilize casual meal twice per cruise.

some ships have a lot of casual dining restaurants and others barely have any. So if the OP/ author comes back and tells us a little more, maybe we’ll have some more information to give..

Edited by arizonaperson

46 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

?? Where are you seeing Princess refer to the new Premier package as Premier+?

It's not listed as such on their website under packages, nor in my app or anything..  It clearly just listed as Premier.

Screenshot_20240907-150358.png

It’s not on the website or anywhere on the app, it’s just something mentioned to me by both my CVP and the future cruise consultant onboard.  It’ll die down once everyone is on the same packages (the one that cost $80 and the one that cost $90).  
when they changed over on the previous packages, which was a couple of years ago, they more formally named the packages Plus50 vs Plus60.  Same with the premier.  Again, those terms died down now that those older packages were not on the current sailings.  

7 minutes ago, Lollipop's Mom said:

Sorry! On the Ruby. On princess plus!

I was on the Ruby this past February. Casual dining venues were the Salty Dog Gastropub in the Wheelhouse Bar and Vines Wine Bar which had a cold plate menu of crudites, charcuterie board and a few truffles.

19 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

It’s not on the website or anywhere on the app, it’s just something mentioned to me by both my CVP and the future cruise consultant onboard.  It’ll die down once everyone is on the same packages (the one that cost $80 and the one that cost $90).  
when they changed over on the previous packages, which was a couple of years ago, they more formally named the packages Plus50 vs Plus60.  Same with the premier.  Again, those terms died down now that those older packages were not on the current sailings.  

I think it was on my app briefly as Premier Plus- which was when it was a glitch since I never bought a package. Now it went back to premier with the 2 casual in my app.  Reported this. They know but won’t fix it.  Their computers show I have standard fare no package.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skynight said:

I was on the Ruby this past February. Casual dining venues were the Salty Dog Gastropub in the Wheelhouse Bar and Vines Wine Bar which had a cold plate menu of crudites, charcuterie board and a few truffles.

Thanks. I thought these were free dining venues so that’s where I was mistaken.

2 minutes ago, Lollipop's Mom said:

@Lollipop's Mom On the Ruby the salty dog “grill” on the lido deck is free.  The salty dog “gastropub” in the wheelhouse is not free

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lollipop's Mom said:

Yes, as mentioned the salty dog grill by the lido pool and is no charge. To my taste the burgers there are as good or better than the Salty Dog Gastropub. The grill is open from around 11am until mid evening. I have had lunch there many times.   

@Lollipop's Mom here are The casual dining venues that are included in your plus cruise package-menus for Ruby Princess.

Vines is deck 5 & Salty dog gastropub on deck 7. I am not sure if there are pop up casual restaurants on Ruby?? Might be a pop up specialty dining- Crab Shack.

IMG_9922.thumb.jpeg.bbee10c8112717eefff9f48492f91e45.jpeg

IMG_9921.thumb.jpeg.e00d4245dd416124b30df591421d2876.jpeg

IMG_9417.thumb.jpeg.9730db1c67899a3abe59adec52f92751.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson