The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday September 12th, 2024

57 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Sorry to be jumping in... I agree with this also. I would use paper tape, it is easy to tear apart and doesn't stick too much, just enough.

I'm enjoying all of the pictures posted today! ☺️

Welcome to the Daily and Fleet Report!  Thanks for your comments which I'm sure will help Annie @marshhawk keep Chuck comfortable.  Glad to hear you like the port photos.  We all do, too!

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Welcome to the Daily and Fleet Report!  Thanks for your comments which I'm sure will help Annie @marshhawk keep Chuck comfortable.  Glad to hear you like the port photos.  We all do, too!

Sandi, you've got mail.  

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

I have email notifications turned off.  I'd rather just get the notifications here on CC, no need to get them on email. 

I just got the same notifications and I have no idea why the are doing this. HAL 

please do not do this again

Jim.

• Like 11

Oh by the way, the Frisco Style magazine article about the FC Dallas youth Academy students that we talked about while DH and I were in Frisco with Ren, is now out.  There's a few photos of the some of the kids at morning practice and then the two photos taken of Ren and some other players.  One is with their school administrators and their counselor.  I'm glad his team has such a program with the schools, because I know his buddy Colton who went to the Colorado Rapids youth Academy has his high school classes online.  Sounds like during Covid!  At least Ren gets the classroom experience where he can make lots of friends.

https://friscostyle.com/a-winning-partnership/

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser saw it and you have mail back!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon.

I'm taking a break from cutting fabric for the next quilt.  We decided to go up for River's game tonight.  I told Sue we need to be a bigger presence in her life as her other grandma allows her to go to the derelict step father's house.  He's the one who planted the idea that River should change her last name to his.  Anyways, it is a little over an hour to the game which is at 6:30.  We'll pick up dinner somewhere either on the way up or the way back.  

@ellbelle and @rrraydon Welcome to the FR and D.  We hope to hear more from you both!  

@kazu I hope you can get the cataract surgery quickly and be ready for your cruise.  I'm sorry the surgeon wasn't able to offer you any plan other than an MRI.  

@JazzyV Glad to hear  you will be headed home soon.  It is always more comfortable to be at home.

@rafinmd Roy, it sounds like you need a good nap after all your therapy this morning, but they sound like they are on top of everything and will have you back to your morning walks in no time.

@Vict0riann Good news that Pat is on the list.  Hopefully you'll get a date soon.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, thank you for the updates on Roy.  I'm working on our Hawaii details and think I know what we are doing.  I know we haven't been back a week yet, but we are really looking forward to the Hawaii cruise.  

@StLouisCruisers Congratulations to Ren and I hope you and Dennis have a safe trip tomorrow.  

@RMLincoln What a disappointment about not being able to visit with your DGD and her DH due to Covid.  Covid always seems to rear its ugly head at the worst time.  The family next door is all down with Covid right now.  

@smitty34877 I am thrilled that your DB is sticking around.  You really need the help and the rest!  Take care and hugs to the whole family.

@marshhawk I hope Chuck can get some relief from the pain.  What has the doctor suggested?   

Edited by dfish
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh by the way, the Frisco Style magazine article about the FC Dallas youth Academy students that we talked about while DH and I were in Frisco with Ren, is now out.  There's a few photos of the some of the kids at morning practice and then the two photos taken of Ren and some other players.  One is with their school administrators and their counselor.  I'm glad his team has such a program with the schools, because I know his buddy Colton who went to the Colorado Rapids youth Academy has his high school classes online.  Sounds like during Covid!  At least Ren gets the classroom experience where he can make lots of friends.

Sandi great article & pics! Thank you for sharing !

I am not sure I like the term “product” applied to humans. I understand the concept behind it, but…

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi great article & pics! Thank you for sharing !

I am not sure I like the term “product” applied to humans. I understand the concept behind it, but…

I prefer the term "talent"!  The article really goes into a lot of detail.  I just wanted to see our precious grandson!

• Like 11

The soup would be OK but I don't want it today. I would prefer that my Old Fashioned be made with brandy. For the wine, maybe the 2021 vintage from Glenora, $25.99. "The 2020 [sic] Cabernet Sauvignon showcases this warm vintage that allowed us to create wines of stunning depth and complexity. Aromas of blackberry, cassis, anise, and dark chocolate are framed by gentle oak and vanilla. Generous, but supple tannins on the palate lead to a warm and lingering finish."

I got the covid vaccination this afternoon from CVS-in-Target. When I got home there was an email, sent right after I set out (about a 20-minute drive), cancelling the appointment. I also had the fit of my outdoor glasses adjusted and picked up posters from Staples, which I need for a talk I'm giving to the Kiwanis club next week.

Britishdetectives.jpg.d8d60a65bf460a92cd7b3a8e9673b1f8.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good day  and thanks all.  Discovered a very good boxed tomato and roasted pepper soup, so had that yesterday.  

@kazu good to see you posting but so sorry you still have more health challenges!  Praying the cataract surgery can be done quickly!  You need a vacation!  

@puppycanducruise happy birthday to your DM. 

@JazzyV glad you are getting out today, hope the treatment works quickly. 

@sailingdutchy thanks for your photos of the port! 

@grapau27 nice to see your trip, but I think you must have set a new record with well over a dozen posts. 😂  

@aliaschief I too was deluged with emails yesterday, not sure what’s going on.  

@rafinmd glad to hear from you again.  

@cat shepard  many ways to Cairo.  But my Egyptian friend is also travelling through Heathrow,  you could also check Lufthansa,  KLM and Air France.  Gatwick is largely used for charter and the low cost airlines.  Happy planning.  

Thank you I wasn't counting 😂.

There was too much information to share and keep it interesting and informative in a few posts.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Hello, happy Thursday.  I've had a busy 2 days here.  Yesterday was reading with the little kiddos in the morning, and then sewing with the 6th graders in the afternoon.  They are all so much fun!  I'll take the drink, DSIL, our bartender, makes them with bourbon.  I'm saving the soup recipe, made some with garden tomatoes last week.  They are mostly done now, so I guess it's canned tomatoes next time.  I still have some 1/2 and 1/2 left.  

@puppycanducruiseHappy Birthday to your dear mother!  

@kazusorry to hear your md apt didn't go well.  Hoping your cataract surgery can be done soon.  

@JazzyVGlad to hear you will be home soon, hoping the AB's do their job!  

@rafinmdHoping your rehab stay goes well. 

@StLouisCruisersCongrats to Ren, and have a great trip to the wedding! 

@smitty34877good the hear that your DB can help you out! 

@marshhawkhoping that DH can get some relief and sleep well...you also!

@ellbelle@rrraydonHi, this is a great place to be!  

@grapau27Welcome Home! 

Have a good rest of the day!  K

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@grapau27, Graham, I  enjoyed the pictures today and thank you for posting them. I have been to some of the ports but not Vigo. It sounds as if you had a great cruise!

Thank you Terry.

I'm pleased you liked our cruise photos.

We have been to Vigo many times.

It is hilly and to get to the long main shopping street (pictured) you have to walk up a 200 metre hill.

12 years ago when Pauline's mam was with us I pushed her up the hill in her wheelchair.

There is a shopping centre next to the cruise terminal but it is a disappointment as there are only a handful of shops open.

I hope you and Tana are okay.

IMG_20240904_104721.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, rrraydon said:

Sorry to be jumping in... I agree with this also. I would use paper tape, it is easy to tear apart and doesn't stick too much, just enough.

I'm enjoying all of the pictures posted today! ☺️

Welcome and nice to hear from you.

Graham 

• Like 8

We're back from the PT session, which was very interesting.  The therapist who is in charge of the site in town, and who has a PhD, spent a good bit of the time talking with both of us, and doing some basic tests.  It is his opinion that it is both vestibular and ocular, and he is going to try to help DH get an improvement with the situation.  There is not a "cure" but the brain can be trained to compensate for what the therapist says is a disconnect.  It will be difficult at first, but with repetition, the brain should reach a point when it "ignores" the symptoms.  It's an area they still do not fully understand.  Right now, DH is scheduled for two sessions a week for four weeks, plus home work in between.  We're hoping that with hard work and given time, things will improve.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, that is an impressive article, and an impressive program for the Academy.  Lamar Hunt and his sons are big names in Dallas, and I'm sure that played a part in being able to work with the Frisco school district.  Ren is very lucky he was chosen for such a program. 

BTW, you have more mail.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Carolyn, I'm glad you did not have a reaction from the Covid vaccine.  The news about your sister is disturbing.  I hope she can get some help at the Urgent Care.

Thank you Lenda.  I've been texting with my sister this afternoon.  The Urgent Care doctor prescribed Flo-Nase -- hmm, and said it could take up to 30 days to help (must take it daily).  I was wishing they could do more.  But they seem to always want to prescribe Flo-Nase.  Her temp is down to 99 now.  

I'm taking a break, got a lot done today while DH is working.  Mowed the lawn (all the rain lately made it grow way too much), and put down a 2nd coat of stain on the deck.  I'm done for the day!

@ellbelle and @rrraydon Welcome to the Daily, we're happy to have you here!

Vanessa @JazzyV It's now after 6pm on the east coast, I hope you're either already home or at least getting discharged now.  I also hope you have a restful night.

Paul @kochleffel Since CVS has canceled your Covid vaccine twice now, (and last minute today) I think I'd be checking other pharmacies in the area.

• Like 13

52 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Paul @kochleffel Since CVS has canceled your Covid vaccine twice now, (and last minute today) I think I'd be checking other pharmacies in the area.

Maybe I wasn't clear: I had received it at CVS before I got the second message saying that it had been cancelled.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We're back from the PT session, which was very interesting.  The therapist who is in charge of the site in town, and who has a PhD, spent a good bit of the time talking with both of us, and doing some basic tests.  It is his opinion that it is both vestibular and ocular, and he is going to try to help DH get an improvement with the situation.  There is not a "cure" but the brain can be trained to compensate for what the therapist says is a disconnect.  It will be difficult at first, but with repetition, the brain should reach a point when it "ignores" the symptoms.  It's an area they still do not fully understand.  Right now, DH is scheduled for two sessions a week for four weeks, plus home work in between.  We're hoping that with hard work and given time, things will improve.

Sandi, that is an impressive article, and an impressive program for the Academy.  Lamar Hunt and his sons are big names in Dallas, and I'm sure that played a part in being able to work with the Frisco school district.  Ren is very lucky he was chosen for such a program. 

BTW, you have more mail.

Lenda

Lenda I haven't received one since your 3:35 pm eastern time email.  

• Like 4

Dear friends I am wondering if this has also been happening to some of you today . I have had about 50 emails today from CC and that must have been because I placed a couple of posts today and every time somebody clicked on a "like "or "thank you "  I received an email where in the past CC might message me 2 or 3 times a day saying  " You were mentioned in post " or something like that with in brackets a number ?

Did I do something wrong or is this a problem on CC side ? 

Tony 🤔

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

Dear friends I am wondering if this has also been happening to some of you today . I have had about 50 emails today from CC and that must have been because I placed a couple of posts today and every time somebody clicked on a "like "or "thank you "  I received an email where in the past CC might message me 2 or 3 times a day saying  " You were mentioned in post " or something like that with in brackets a number ?

Did I do something wrong or is this a problem on CC side ? 

Tony 🤔

Yes. I posted about it earlier. For every like I have received an E-mail. I turned off notifications but that doesn’t seem to stop the E-mails. Hopefully, it will be corrected.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good evening. Finally home. I go to post and get a message the site is down temporarily. It's still acting screwy.

Encouragement is nice. Hugs and High 5's are fun. We are all one human family. True quote. I like the meal, pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Tadine. Cool day in history.

It's nice to be home. The hospital was a zoo. It's a busy urban teaching hospital and Level 1 trauma center. The ER often has everything from accident victims, shooting victims, homeless, and a broad slice of humanity. To make matters worse, there is filming going on, I heard a reboot of the tv show ER. One nice thing was they have a program called Bed to Home, so a pharmacy person brought my home meds so I wouldn't have to stop on the way home. Then I was valet parked, and they were gone. A transport person took me to security who had my keys, and then he pushed me to my car in the parking lot. I tried to tip him, but he just said it was his job. Unfortunately, the leg feels more painful after driving home and bending it more. But it's less red and not hot. I have 7 days of antibiotics starting tomorrow. I appreciate everyone's concern and good wishes and prayers. I slept from about 10P to 1A, so I was up to post the Care List (not easy from my phone). I slept again from about 9A-12P.

@puppycanducruise Happy 87th Birthday to your DM!

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels tomorrow. Prayers for good test results. Congrats to Ren on his academic achievement; I was a Merit scholar way back when. Great article about FC Dallas youth Academy. 

@Cruzin Terri I hope you hear from the doctor soon.

@smitty34877 I am glad to hear that DB is able to stay a bit longer. You are blessed to have him.

@grapau27 Thanks for the great photos from your cruise.

@marshhawk You've gotten some good suggestions to help DH. I put a thick lubricant in my eye at bedtime to prevent dryness. And I don't like any air blowing toward my eyes; I have the car vents turned away from me.

@kazu Hugs to you and Ivan. I'm sorry the vascular surgeon didn't have any solution for you. Maybe the MRI will be helpful. Sorry your eyesight is so bad, but the good news is that cataract surgery has an immediate effect. I hope you can get the surgery soon. Love the door sign.

@sailingdutchy Nice photos from New Caledonia.

@ellbelle @rrraydon Welcome to the Daily! Thanks for your posts today.

@Cruising-along I'm glad your Sister decided to get looked at.

@durangoscots Yikes on the bears. I hope your sister's appointment with the Gastroenterologist went well.

@Vict0riann Good news that Pat is on the TAVI waitlist. 

@RMLincoln Sorry your visit to DGD is on hold, but better safe. I hope the living room shade works out. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad you saw the Vestibular PT. That sounds like the maneuvers I did, which mainly were to get the brain used to the symptoms, so they would be ignored.

@dfish It's wonderful that you and Sue can spend more time with River. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 12