Would You Prefer An Adults-Only Cruise Option From Celebrity?

Tom and Ingrid

Kids on cruises don't really bother me, until I fancy a dip in an outdoor hot tub of an evening, to relax and watch the stars.  Only to find they're all absolutely bursting with splashing, diving, squealing children.  (Goodness knows what kind of eye and ear infections they end up with from sticking their heads under that water!)

So I'd settle for half of the hot tubs being adults only - and properly policed by the staff.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wncretired said:

Looks like NCL has the answer for an “adults only” cruise! 😎

IMG_1457.png

I think I'd rather take my chances on a Celebrity with children.  Being pale and pasty I'd hate to think of how many bottles of block-out I'd have to slather on for sun protection.  I've worked hard for this ghostly white look, it's either that or looking like a boiled lobster.😀 

I would love to be able to book a cruise on Celebrity, sailing from the UK, in July or August when it is the best weather. But due to the UK summer holidays I have always avoided this time as the ships are sailing at capacity with a large number of children. P & O have adult-only ships which they manage to keep sailing constantly, but I really much prefer Celebrity, so it is a 'Yes' vote from me. 

8 hours ago, clairebearinaus said:

Kids on cruises don't really bother me, until I fancy a dip in an outdoor hot tub of an evening, to relax and watch the stars.  Only to find they're all absolutely bursting with splashing, diving, squealing children.  (Goodness knows what kind of eye and ear infections they end up with from sticking their heads under that water!)

So I'd settle for half of the hot tubs being adults only - and properly policed by the staff.

Agree.. all hot tubs should be 18 and older.. not used as heated kiddie pools.

Same idea for the Solarium..with limited family hrs (but not to include children using  the hot tubs.)

They could put in a small spray park on a upper deck  to cool off kiddies! on somd ships they had kiddie pools but took them out!

BUT NOT IN FAVOR IN ADULT ONLY CRUISES ON X, as previously stated.

It would be great to have that option.  On our last Royal cruise we were in a suite.  Went to the suite dining room and a couple had their twins their nightly for dinner.  One was always crying loudly and the parents just ignored.  Happened many nights.   I think that the considerate thing would be to take the child out of the dining room and order room service, or get food from the buffet- the screaming upset many people who were trying to enjoy their dinner.  So an adult only cruise would be a great option.  That is why Virgin Voyages is becoming popular.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

It would be great to have that option.  On our last Royal cruise we were in a suite.  Went to the suite dining room and a couple had their twins their nightly for dinner.  One was always crying loudly and the parents just ignored.  Happened many nights.   I think that the considerate thing would be to take the child out of the dining room and order room service, or get food from the buffet- the screaming upset many people who were trying to enjoy their dinner.  So an adult only cruise would be a great option.  That is why Virgin Voyages is becoming popular.

What did the staff in Luminae say about the noise?

If everything stayed the same, the price and itinerary was right I would definitely book an adult only cruise. Even when my kids were school age we pulled them out of school for a week in may just to avoid spring break and summer vacation time. I have a mediterranean cruise booked for mid May 2026 on Princess hoping to avoid to avoid  a lot of kids and summer tourists.

Edited by Iamcruzin

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I think they were on Royal Caribbean. "Our last Royal cruise".  Royal has been one of my 3 go to lines with Celebrity and Princess being the other two. I know what I'm signing up for when I sail with Royal. With that said I don't sail on anything larger than an Anthem class ship. I'm not trying to walk 3 football fields to get someplace.

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Coastal kitchen on royal. Unfortunately the management said nothing.  Many passengers were not happy.  When my children misbehaved in a restaurant or were crying , either my DH or I would take then outside.  Perhaps some parents think their dinner more important then everyone else.  So entitled and selfish.

Edited by Cruise a holic

The former Celebrity leadership's attempt at mandatory All Inclusive fares back in 2020 was somewhat of a weak attempt at heavily leaning into adults only without actually saying it - and we see how that went. The new leadership still seems to want to play jack of all trades. Of course never say adults only will never happen, but the trend continues further and further from that.

Given the type of party atmosphere on Virgin and at RC's Hideaway Beach, I vote "no" for adults-only Celebrity cruises.  Like other posters here, the few children I have encountered over the past 7 Celebrity cruises have been very well-behaved.  I also agree Celebrity is very boring for young adults, teens and children.   

I think adults only to everyone implies Virgin and young party people. I would be in favor of a 50 plus cruise.

I say Celebrity keep your kids club and activities to a minimum and discourage children on board. Which I believe they already have. 

With the amusement park activities on Royal Caribbean alone, why choose Celebrity with kids. 

It's not the fact that there are kids on board but the fact that they add to the passenger load. The nice thing about Aqua class is there are only 2 in the room which basically eliminates kids dining in Blu and the restaurant isn't crowed and chaotic.

Edited by Iamcruzin

we have done 6 adult only cruises on celebrity and have a 7th booked for March on summit . They are all music charters the ones we do are rock and romance which has music stars from the 70's such as America , Air Supply , Foreigner , Boz Scaggs etc. Same charter company has music charters from 60's, 50's, 80's , Disco etc. 

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I know what I'm signing up for when I sail with Royal. With that said I don't sail on anything larger than an Anthem class ship. I'm not trying to walk 3 football fields to get someplace.

Anthem (one of the Quantum class ships) is by no means small.  Although similar in design appearance to Celebrity "S" class ships it is much larger, and is in one of RCI's largest ship classes.  

By comparison, Anthem is 1,129 feet long.  Oasis (one of the Oasis class ships) is 1,186 feet long - only 47 feet longer.  Icon, their largest and newest ship, is 1,196 feet long, just 67 feet longer.

So if you sail on Anthem you are, front to back, still in that 3 football field length.  It is smaller than the other classes mentioned in volume and gross tonnage, however.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Would definitely like an adults only.   it seems Too many parents are taking the path of least when dealing with their children and ignoring bad behaviour. Or, parents not obeying rules.  On one cruise this year, several boys around 8 - 11 yrs old, were running from from one pool to another, including Solarium, jumping in, yelling and off again, pushing past others.   other cruise, huge sign saying due to Health Regulations, children in diapers, even the swim diapers,  not allowed and must be 100% toilet trained, yet we saw a mom with a baby under a year old, in diaper, dunking the child in the water.   Also saw a young girl perhaps 3-4 with diaper visible under  her very wet bathing suit.  Unfortunately no staff around to say anything.     Some  Parents seem to think ok to let kids run all over.   Or, go to some shows. One comedian stopped and asked if they saw that show not appropriate for children.   

Adults only would be great

I did Icon in May. 2800 children on board. It was absolute hell. Small non potty trained toddlers in every pool. Pools closed by 1pm for a 5 hour cleaning everyday. Parents that let there non potty trained toddlers in pools because they themselves wanted to be in pools. Parents didn't feel like spending time in the kids pool area. The selfish me and my kid attitude was super sized. Never, ever again. 

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Try AQ Class.. there are fewer children in BLU due to limits on room capacity to 2.  Never saw  unruly  children in BLU.. so nicely dtessed, well behaved and enjoying the experience.  

11 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Would definitely like an adults only.   it seems Too many parents are taking the path of least when dealing with their children and ignoring bad behaviour. Or, parents not obeying rules.  On one cruise this year, several boys around 8 - 11 yrs old, were running from from one pool to another, including Solarium, jumping in, yelling and off again, pushing past others.   other cruise, huge sign saying due to Health Regulations, children in diapers, even the swim diapers,  not allowed and must be 100% toilet trained, yet we saw a mom with a baby under a year old, in diaper, dunking the child in the water.   Also saw a young girl perhaps 3-4 with diaper visible under  her very wet bathing suit.  Unfortunately no staff around to say anything.     Some  Parents seem to think ok to let kids run all over.   Or, go to some shows. One comedian stopped and asked if they saw that show not appropriate for children.   

Adults only would be great

Solution is  call the Hotel Director or security Chief!

On 10/6/2024 at 9:48 AM, Tom and Ingrid said:

If X was to offer a several adults (18+) only cruises during the high summer season, would you pick them?

I could see plenty of folks here - especially now that we hear a bit of Virgin talk - preferring something like an adults only option.  I also think it would indirectly have an impact of "overcrowding" - ie sailing with all those +3 & +4 passengers in cabins that make a ship a bit more crowded.

While I can't see X doing this sort of thing, I do think it would help them sell out those cruises easily.  Probably not in its current "growth" plan as if the focus shifts towards the 35-50 demographic (they deny the shift), that's prime "kids" age for those folks.

YES