Boarding times

There is a group of eight of us departing from Ft. Lauderdale on the Apex.  We all checked in today and 4 of us got 11:30 and the other 4 at 12:00.  How strict are they about the boarding time?  Can the 12:00 group come in with the 11:30 group.  It's not a big deal with only a 1/2 hour difference, but it would be nice to board together.  Thanks in advance!

20 minutes ago, slavetoabunny said:

There is a group of eight of us departing from Ft. Lauderdale on the Apex.  We all checked in today and 4 of us got 11:30 and the other 4 at 12:00.  How strict are they about the boarding time?  Can the 12:00 group come in with the 11:30 group.  It's not a big deal with only a 1/2 hour difference, but it would be nice to board together.  Thanks in advance!

You did not get boarding times, you got arrival times. Common misconception.

• Thanks 1

As long as there aren't any other 11:30 (or earlier) folks hanging about looking to check in, the 12:00 folks won't be turned back if they make their appearance with their 11:30 friends... and probably not even if there are a few earlier stragglers.

Edited by canderson

Those are arrival times, not boarding times. Boarding times are when you can actually get on the ship. They vary based on delays with the previous passengers' disembarkation that day. These can be delays on customs or people just getting off the ship.

Arrival times are when you simply arrive at the port to finish the check-in process.

You have booked an arrival time, not a boarding time.  You are asked not to come earlier than your assigned time, but later is ok.  So have  the 1130 passengers arrive with the 12 o’clock passengers and you’ll end up boarding together

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spammie said:

Personally I would all go together at 12pm.  It is very crowded at 11:30am.  🙂

I take my time now also, see no reason to rush and deal with crowds anymore, I usually show up around 1230-1ish for my last few cruises and just walked right on.  

• Like 1

suite guests and the Fast Pass pax will board first

anyone in Concierge class may want the earliest time to make the lunch.. hoping for the best in Dec for Silhouette. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bikerunner said:

I take my time now also, see no reason to rush and deal with crowds anymore, I usually show up around 1230-1ish for my last few cruises and just walked right on.  

Agree - this works really well for us as well.  We will look for a local eatery near our hotel for a nice brunch (no need to eat until dinner).  No lines to board and cabin usually available.