That freaky dress First-lady-to-be wore

happysinglemom

I LOVED THIS LOOK FOR HER! We're ready for a change and if it means a First Lady who doesn't conform to "what we've always done" I'm all for it. The sweater was necessary for Tuesday, it had been unseasonably warm during the day, but chilly at night and Grant Park is right on the lakefront. She, the President elect, and their girls looked great. IMHO:p

Where they Seven Jeans or Seven For All Mankind? I see Seven Jeans in TJ Maxx and Marshalls all the time but never the other.

I imagine it would be hard to keep a brand at a pricepoint if you know you can go down the street and get them cheaper.

The label said "Seven For All Mankind"-and apparantly they had been there for awhile as they were marked down over half off. Marhsalls was selling them for $79.99 originally, but the manufacuter's tag said $159.99 and they wee marked down to $29.99. My daughter did not think they were that great a deal. I would not have thought so either, if I had not read about them on this board.

They're perfect for that!

Just wear them for a full day or two beforehand to make sure they're comfortable!

And if you need any shopping or dining recommendations, let me know. :)

Will definitely wear the boots just to make sure.

We just might need some suggestions. Even though we haven't firmed up our plans as to exactly what we want to do, shopping and dining will be priorities.;)

The label said "Seven For All Mankind"-and apparantly they had been there for awhile as they were marked down over half off. Marhsalls was selling them for $79.99 originally, but the manufacuter's tag said $159.99 and they wee marked down to $29.99. My daughter did not think they were that great a deal. I would not have thought so either, if I had not read about them on this board.

"Okay I looked at the label again it says "7 for all mankind-not seven for all mankind" At the waist band on the outside there is a label - that simply says "7" and then on the pocket it says "7 for all mankind" just like the inside label. so perahps this is not the real thing-but both pairs of pants ( I went back and bought the second pair in her size) are quality.

Normally Meg will buy Paris Blues because she knows that brand fits her. She is a size zero but even a zero in most brands is too big-but a zero fits her in Paris Blues-so she buys that brand simply because it fits-NOT for the brand name.

These pants that say "7 for All mankind" are defientley better quality than her Paris Blues and well worth the $30 a pair we paid. Heck, they would have been worth $80 a pair. Not so sure about the $159.99 a pair though.

"iheart", I went into Ross also today, (no way I would have went in there yesterday-no Ross on weekends! I can't deal with the throng) and I saw no boots like yours in any size, of course there may have been a pair in housewares, etc. as the store needed starightening-but my guess is - if they had a pair, they sold this weekend.

Now I bought myself a pair of Clark's clogs (cordovan) with a stacked heel. $40! and a pair of Nina's dress sandals with the dreaded kitten heel for $10! LOL! (silver trim but mostly champagne colored) and they were leather! I also found avery nice pair of Merrell's, a walking shoe closed in, similar to an athletic shoes but "classier" for $50/compare at $100. (taupe) Now my Easy Spirts are still in good shape and should last the winter, so I put the Merrell's on layaway.

"Okay I looked at the label again it says "7 for all mankind-not seven for all mankind" At the waist band on the outside there is a label - that simply says "7" and then on the pocket it says "7 for all mankind" just like the inside label. so perahps this is not the real thing-but both pairs of pants ( I went back and bought the second pair in her size) are quality.

Normally Meg will buy Paris Blues because she knows that brand fits her. She is a size zero but even a zero in most brands is too big-but a zero fits her in Paris Blues-so she buys that brand simply because it fits-NOT for the brand name.

These pants that say "7 for All mankind" are defientley better quality than her Paris Blues and well worth the $30 a pair we paid. Heck, they would have been worth $80 a pair. Not so sure about the $159.99 a pair though.

"iheart", I went into Ross also today, (no way I would have went in there yesterday-no Ross on weekends! I can't deal with the throng) and I saw no boots like yours in any size, of course there may have been a pair in housewares, etc. as the store needed starightening-but my guess is - if they had a pair, they sold this weekend.

Now I bought myself a pair of Clark's clogs (cordovan) with a stacked heel. $40! and a pair of Nina's dress sandals with the dreaded kitten heel for $10! LOL! (silver trim but mostly champagne colored) and they were leather! I also found avery nice pair of Merrell's, a walking shoe closed in, similar to an athletic shoes but "classier" for $50/compare at $100. (taupe) Now my Easy Spirts are still in good shape and should last the winter, so I put the Merrell's on layaway.

I wish I could post a picture of the label. You see a 7 and then like embossed on top of it is "for all mankind" with the 7 in the middle. Perhaps it is like Nine West and Westies- this is like the "budget version" of the other brand but the same company?

Perhaps Jane knows and will expalin it to me. I did google it though and found Macy's carries this brand of jean and they are like between $100-$300 a pair there. The logo was written the same way on their jeans-so I still feel this was a good buy- even if it is not "Seven for all Mankind."

I wish I could post a picture of the label. You see a 7 and then like embossed on top of it is "for all mankind" with the 7 in the middle. Perhaps it is like Nine West and Westies- this is like the "budget version" of the other brand but the same company?

Perhaps Jane knows and will expalin it to me. I did google it though and found Macy's carries this brand of jean and they are like between $100-$300 a pair there. The logo was written the same way on their jeans-so I still feel this was a good buy- even if it is not "Seven for all Mankind."

No, they are the upscale brand. The Seven jeans logo is exactly the same as 7 For All Mankind except 'For All Mankind" is no where on the jean. The logo is a 7 with the word Seven written through the number.

You got a great deal!

Ditto for me!! Love kitten heels.

Not to mention that she (Michelle) was probably on her feet for hours -- let's be a little realistic here......I don't think high heels would've been the best choice.

Kitten Heels were originally popularized by Audrey Hepburn. She was and still is considered a fashion icon up there with Jackie Kennedy. So don't knock them!

No, they are the upscale brand. The Seven jeans logo is exactly the same as 7 For All Mankind except 'For All Mankind" is no where on the jean. The logo is a 7 with the word Seven written through the number.

You got a great deal!

Blue Herons, this is my guess, most Marshall shoppers are not going to spend $80 even for one pair of slacks. I think that, and the fact that they were size zero, was why they were still there.

I have no idea if they carry that brand all the time. Normally my daughter and I do not shop together, as she works and can only go weekends, and I hate shopping weekends as I have a phobia of crowds.

Me, I have too much trouble finding jeans that fit, because of the way I carry my weight. They may not be "hot" but I know my Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans will not stretch out on me and be falling down, (my lack of hips) so I buy that brand, yep they only are around $30 but heck I would spend much more on them, as they are the only jeans that work on my body.

But I was pleased for my daughter when we made that find. She works as a teacher's aide, which in our county still requires 2 years of college, but that does not mean it pays well. She could make alot better in many other jobs, but she enjoys her job.

As an addenda to the controversial election night dress Michele Obama wore, she more than redeemed herself with the solid red, knee-length, long sleeved dress she wore to tour the White House with Laura Bush yesterday.

If I found that in a store, I would buy it in a heart beat (if I could afford it:o). That dress would be so versatile, office, parties, travel, etc.)

Hi,:) I also thought she looked great in that red dress yesterday:)

Just a side note, I will be in FLL this weekend. I think you live

near? I am going on Solstice for the 2 nighter on Friday:D and

on Sunday morning I am meeting friends at Bonne Crepe before my

flight home. Would you like to go with us?

Blue Herons, this is my guess, most Marshall shoppers are not going to spend $80 even for one pair of slacks. I think that, and the fact that they were size zero, was why they were still there.

That is so true, I once bought a pair of 100% Cashmere "Lounge Pants" for lack of a better term, for $20. There were originally $100 at Marshalls. Not many Marshall shoppers would have paid that. They're my winter lie on the couch pants :)

As an addenda to the controversial election night dress Michele Obama wore, she more than redeemed herself with the solid red, knee-length, long sleeved dress she wore to tour the White House with Laura Bush yesterday.

If I found that in a store, I would buy it in a heart beat (if I could afford it:o). That dress would be so versatile, office, parties, travel, etc.)

I so agree with you. The election night dress was horrible! What was she thinking??? But yesterday the dress she worn was just beautiful! If I could afford it (which I am sure I can't) I would buy it.

Laura

I agree, her waist looks small and her hips look normal sized, I would guess her to be no bigger than a size 6. I do not think the dress makes her look bigger.

Now I personally don't feel the dress is attractive, at least not to me, but in spite of this not being to my taste, I thought Mrs. Obama looked attractive.

What??! A size 6??!! I'm a 4/6 and God help me if I have a derrier like that! Come on, that dress does nothing for her pear shape. She usually chooses some nice things but she needs to take the attention away from all the junk in the trunk!;)

What??! A size 6??!! I'm a 4/6 and God help me if I have a derrier like that! Come on, that dress does nothing for her pear shape. She usually chooses some nice things but she needs to take the attention away from all the junk in the trunk!;)

Agree. She's more like a size 12.

Agree. She's more like a size 12.

Easily. All one has to do is look at her in comparison to Mrs. Biden. Not saying she's overweight, she's just a big person.

Jane,

My boots passed the "wearing all day comfort" test, just as comfortable as when I first tried them on. They looked great with black jeans and now I wouldn't mind having a brown pair.;)

Jane,

My boots passed the "wearing all day comfort" test, just as comfortable as when I first tried them on. They looked great with black jeans and now I wouldn't mind having a brown pair.;)

VERY cool! LOVE when that happens! I totally understand the "now I need them in another color" phenomenom! Hey, when you find shoes/boots that are both great looking and comfortable, ya' can't just have one color!!!

I have a pair of med heeled orange suede summer sandals that were so comfortable, I bought them in hot pink! :)

Enjoy your boots in ALL the colors you buy! Thanks for the update. (I might need them now!)

Archived