Countdown to Celebrity Edge!

jv_nyc

Not sure about this but thought I would pass along that when i booked (by phone), I was told that the Concierge class and AQ would not have the infinite veranda. Seems odd to me but the fellow was very clear on that.

We were told by 2 agents that AQ will have infinity Veranda.

I guess it's ALL in the eye of the beholder! I really enjoy the modern "classic" style of the Solstice Class ships. The interiors of the cabins and several other spaces in the Edge are "white out" to me with too few pops of color. Much of the outside (fake trees et all)remind me of the view of the future from the 60's Jetsons comic strip.

If it's your style, go for it!

We were told by 2 agents that AQ will have infinity Veranda.

Looking at the deck plans, I'm assuming that the lines on the balconies indicate the infinite veranda. If so, AQ looks like they will have them (if the AQ colors are the same as before) as you stated.

Got a price on the phone today. "we are only doing 7 nights - but you can do a back to back "

me " not to keen as many sea days not to mention the changeover hassle at half- time"

X UK " 14 night trips are only popular with the Brits"

me " not sure that is correct , one has been on the same trip last 4 years and struggle to get cabins we want - think 14 nights are not that popular with some in Miami [emoji12]"

X UK " oh"

X UK " Edge jan 2019 - only £2699 per person for a balcony "

me " that is double that I paid for a hump cabin on Eclipse this year- expected a premium but double for an itinerary I don't really desire"

X UK " I dont know what to say,we were told everyone will prefer Edge to the Solstice Class"

I couldnt stop laughing [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:rolleyes:R

Got a price on the phone today. "we are only doing 7 nights - but you can do a back to back "

me " not to keen as many sea days not to mention the changeover hassle at half- time"

X UK " 14 night trips are only popular with the Brits"

me " not sure that is correct , one has been on the same trip last 4 years and struggle to get cabins we want - think 14 nights are not that popular with some in Miami [emoji12]"

X UK " oh"

X UK " Edge jan 2019 - only £2699 per person for a balcony "

me " that is double that I paid for a hump cabin on Eclipse this year- expected a premium but double for an itinerary I don't really desire"

X UK " I dont know what to say,we were told everyone will prefer Edge to the Solstice Class"

I couldnt stop laughing [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That price can't be right. That's what I'm paying for 2 people in a an E2 balcony in April with a drink package

What I learned today:

There will not be Michael's on the ship (hoping that will change or that there will be something similar). I STILL miss Michael's on the other ships. Can't spend the $$$ for suites.

There will be a main dining room. I booked the Jan. 19th cruise today and was able to select from main, late or Celebrity select for the main dining room.

The movie screen is part of the Roof Top Garden (I find it odd that they show a grand piano out there with no cover) and not part of the sculpture at the main pool. Can't recall where I read that. I've read way too many things about this ship today.

I love when a new class of ship is announced. Celebrity ships have yet to disappoint me. The S-class ships are still my favorite of any class on any line we've sailed (all mainstream lines). I'd prefer if the Magic Carpet was stationary ... I don't care for the superstructure and I think it will definitely impact the cabins that it passes by on the starboard side of the ship. But overall, I'm excited and look forward to learning about the rest of the public areas on the ship!

What I learned today:

There will not be Michael's on the ship (hoping that will change or that there will be something similar). I STILL miss Michael's on the other ships. Can't spend the $$$ for suites.

There will be a main dining room. I booked the Jan. 19th cruise today and was able to select from main, late or Celebrity select for the main dining room.

The movie screen is part of the Roof Top Garden (I find it odd that they show a grand piano out there with no cover) and not part of the sculpture at the main pool. Can't recall where I read that. I've read way too many things about this ship today.

I love when a new class of ship is announced. Celebrity ships have yet to disappoint me. The S-class ships are still my favorite of any class on any line we've sailed (all mainstream lines). I'd prefer if the Magic Carpet was stationary ... I don't care for the superstructure and I think it will definitely impact the cabins that it passes by on the starboard side of the ship. But overall, I'm excited and look forward to learning about the rest of the public areas on the ship!

Hi Anne

Michaels is just renamed and now in the suite area, makes sense just like having Luminae near the suites.

Someone please tell me there will be more color in the decor of the ship. Or is this supposed to be modern luxury? I'm sure the final product will be very nice...but jeez! Typical for the release of a new ship class?

Or is this going to be like watching Pleasantville? Will every quarterly "reveal" provide more and more detail (i.e. color)? I certainly hope so.

Topping the outstanding job they did with the S-class is going to be a tough task, and what they "revealed" today ain't doing it for me at least.

Thx!

Hi Anne

Michaels is just renamed and now in the suite area, makes sense just like having Luminae near the suites.

Doesn't that make it just another lounge then? ;)

Hi Don ~ hope you are well!

Someone please tell me there will be more color in the decor of the ship. Or is this supposed to be modern luxury? I'm sure the final product will be very nice...but jeez! Typical for the release of a new ship class?

Or is this going to be like watching Pleasantville? Will every quarterly "reveal" provide more and more detail (i.e. color)? I certainly hope so.

Topping the outstanding job they did with the S-class is going to be a tough task, and what they "revealed" today ain't doing it for me at least.

Thx!

Those are the 'today' colors. The design spinmeister made fun of the color scheme on some older ships, but his criticism rang a bell for me. We renovated a building in the mid-80's and when another architect visited us over a decade later he was immediately able to tell us the year by looking at our color scheme. So if you don't like the current Edge colors, just wait a decade for the major dry-dock and everything will be changed to the new 'today' color scheme. [Maybe it will change by the time they build the 4th Edge-class ship -- Viking Oceans is already revising their color schemes to add more color on the later builds]

Thx!

Those colors are modern and trendy, and I'd be willing to bet that most of the "modern travelers" that Celebrity is trying to attract will love them. These designers are on the cutting edge of all things design and they know what they're doing. I think her design and color scheme is beautiful and would sail on Edge just to see it. And this is coming from an interior design major.

No, same function, suite patrons and Zenith members only, with a Concierge. Somewhere in all the releases yesterday I saw a description of the area, pretty much the same as Michaels. Been trying to find it again with no luck.

Hi Anne- we will be joining you on that cruise and we booked a suite. Looking forward to more details. The suite area (The Retreat) will have everything in one place and perhaps have seapass card private access for suite guests.

In the literature put out by Celebrity, they say that 99% of the staterooms on The Edge have a king bed - not two twins put together to look like a king that can be separated by your stateroom attendant, but a KING bed - has anyone investigated this?? Because if this is true, then that's not ok. MANY people travel that are not couples.......2 friends, a parent and adult child, etc, etc......this has me concerned and I wanted to ask about this, see if any of you have info on this.

Edited by lexmiller
grammar