Shareholder Benefit

Buckeye10640

Although the online form states that "The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2018", the Shareholder Benefit really has no end date. That is also not a form for submittal - it is directions on what information to provide and where to send it. Every year the Board of Directors extends the benefit, and we certainly expect them to continue to do so in the future.

Princess used to require that the proof of stock ownership be dated no more than 90 days prior to sailing, but they no longer do that. I believe they relaxed that rule because of complaints of people wanting to use the Shareholder Benefit OBC to pay for prebooked shore excursions.

I have already submitted my request for credit for all of my booked cruises, and I have received the credit (shown on my Personalizer) for all my booked future cruises, including one in April 2019.

Just go ahead and submit the information to the address or fax number provided. Ignore the dates.

You can use the old form or no form at all. I usually just fax in a Word document that has my cruise info, contact info, and a pasted shot of my Scottrade info. Works fine. You no longer have to wait until only 90 days before sailing either. I sent mine in a long time in advance and it wasn't a problem. I believe the change was due to the changes in charging for shore excursions in advance.

I too have already submitted for my March 2019 Princess cruise and it showed up within two hours....so they are applying them when you submit. I will say however, that I have used my Stockholder benefit for 15 years....so they do have me on file I'm sure! ;p

Last time we put it for it where cruise was about 5 months ahead it was denied. Surprised they are now ok ing 2019.

They used to say it had to be submitted within 90 days of the cruise. My TA said that is no longer the policy and she could submit it for our fall cruise. That was only about a week ago and it has not shown up in the personalizer yet. If necessary, I'll resubmit within the 90 days.

They used to say it had to be submitted within 90 days of the cruise. My TA said that is no longer the policy and she could submit it for our fall cruise. That was only about a week ago and it has not shown up in the personalizer yet. If necessary' date=' I'll resubmit within the 90 days.[/quote']

If it's been a week, resubmit now. No need to wait. We have a September 2018 and a March 2019 and already got our benefit applied.

Last time we put it for it where cruise was about 5 months ahead it was denied. Surprised they are now ok ing 2019.

They used to say it had to be submitted within 90 days of the cruise. My TA said that is no longer the policy and she could submit it for our fall cruise. That was only about a week ago and it has not shown up in the personalizer yet. If necessary' date=' I'll resubmit within the 90 days.[/quote']

As NavyVeteran posted that limitation has been removed & we only need a current statement. As posted, the inability to use it sooner for tour payment appears to be the reason for the change.

Two months ago my SOBC was quickly issued for our November 2019 cruise. I always fax my request instead of having my TA do it for me. I prefer to have my TA do things that I cannot accomplish myself. When not issued within a couple of days then I call them & with the date/time/number they can locate my request.

You can call Revenue Support to check on the status...all of our 2019 cruises have the SOBC.

800-872-6779 x-30317

By issuing the SOBC earlier, it’s available to use as payment for Princess tours.

As NavyVeteran posted that limitation has been removed & we only need a current statement. As posted, the inability to use it sooner for tour payment appears to be the reason for the change.

Two months ago my SOBC was quickly issued for our November 2019 cruise. I always fax my request instead of having my TA do it for me. I prefer to have my TA do things that I cannot accomplish myself. When not issued within a couple of days then I call them & with the date/time/number they can locate my request.

You can call Revenue Support to check on the status...all of our 2019 cruises have the SOBC.

800-872-6779 x-30317

By issuing the SOBC earlier, it’s available to use as payment for Princess tours.

Thanks will submit my 3 requests for this year this week.

Am I misunderstanding something? Princess and HAL are operated as separate entities. Princess HQ being in Santa Clarita, HAL HQ being in Seattle. I doubt Princess will accept requests for Shareholder's Benefit for HAL cruises.

Waiver of the 90 days prior guideline for Shareholder Benefit request is something new to me, but welcome.

Also, I would highly recommend sending each Shareholder Benefit request separately to alleviate the possibility of any being missed.

You can use the old form or no form at all. I usually just fax in a Word document that has my cruise info, contact info, and a pasted shot of my Scottrade info. Works fine. You no longer have to wait until only 90 days before sailing either. I sent mine in a long time in advance and it wasn't a problem. I believe the change was due to the changes in charging for shore excursions in advance.

Hey Thrak - since Scottrade just switched over to TD Ameritrade on Monday you need to go in and set up dividend reinvestment. New company will buy .001 fractional shares but you have to enroll in it.

Am I misunderstanding something? Princess and HAL are operated as separate entities. Princess HQ being in Santa Clarita, HAL HQ being in Seattle. I doubt Princess will accept requests for Shareholder's Benefit for HAL cruises.

Waiver of the 90 days prior guideline for Shareholder Benefit request is something new to me, but welcome.

Also, I would highly recommend sending each Shareholder Benefit request separately to alleviate the possibility of any being missed.

They go to different fax and mail addresses, so if you have cruises on both lines you would need to send to both places.

I sent one in to Princess yesterday for the super sale on Caribbean in April ($199 int, $399 balcony for 10 days) and didn't realize I could have done my November cruise at the same time!

Thanks for the heads up on the share holder benefit submission time line change. I remember in the past you had to wait until very close to the sail date.

Submitted mine via fax this morning and wallah, it is there this afternoon. (sail date Feb 2019)

Much appreciated

One per cabin unless they have different last names & address.

Unfortunately not. Only if the have different last names and different mailing addresses

It doesn't matter whether or not they have the same last name and/or address. As stated on the form, "Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom."

If husband and wife are traveling with two children and husband and wife each own 100 shares: If husband and wife are booked in one stateroom and children in another, then only one credit. If husband is booked in one stateroom with one child and wife is in another stateroom with other child, then two credits.

Note that this is similar to the rule for the Elite mini-bar - only one per stateroom. If husband and wife are each Elite and they are in same stateroom, then one Elite mini-bar. If husband and wife are in different staterooms, then two mini-bars (one each).