Hubby rethinking our cruise

lbfluffy

Someone on here (aprilivy, I think) posted that RCCL's clientele was uppity and staff not as friendly as carnival. I have to disagree. I've been on several RC cruises and 4 carnival. It is my experience that Carnival's staff is not as friendly as RC's. on RC cruises, we would walk down the hall and the staff would speak to us.. That rarely happened on Carnival. I'm not saying I won't cruise Carnival again, but I'm ready to go back to RC. It has nothing to do with the mishaps with carnival. We were on the Conquest during the triumph mishap (our ship was one of the ships that helped... OP....good luc with your hubby!!

Going on the Breeze this November and here we go again with another Carnival ship problem. Had to reassure hubby that the Breeze is almost brand NEW so he shouldn't be so negative!! And if anything goes wrong, Carnival will take care of us. They have so far. He's just being difficult, but I love him!!

Hubby is not in denial of what is going on with Carnival at the present time.

I HAD the Breeze booked for November too.

I am ready to set sail in July and they can't stay out of the news! Get it together Carnival so that I can enjoy my 7 Day Southern Caribbean Cruise out of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Can't wait to stop in St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St Kitts, and St. Maarten! Anyone else feeling like this??!!!

I'm just ready to cruise period. What day in July do you sail? I'm sailing in July also...on my birthday to be exact. :p

I'm sailing in July also, actually, on the Dream...can't wait. I think what we have now is predatory journalism...they prey on peoples fear so I chose not to watch at all, it really is irresponsible. Everything is dramatized for ratings, unfortunately for us it includes what passes for journalism in this country too!

Before someone calls me a "cheerleader" lol, I think this about modern jouralism in general, not just this story and would feel the same no matter which cruise line it was. Bad press hurts the entire industry not just one cruise line

I been on 48 cruises so far not 50 yet and going on two cruises the next four months, one being Carnival and happens to be my other half purchased the insurance as he has a feeling....now I see three ships having problems I think this next carnival cruise be my last for a long time, shame.....

At the time of the Triumph innocident, I stood by Carnival it was accident but now three ships in few weeks time I say no accident something is not right.

I was in the camp of thinking everyone was being hard on Carnival but now I, too, am sure i will not set foot on a Carnival ship. They clearly have significant mechanical issues spanning their entire fleet. Until I hear more about what they are doing to resolve, I'll spend my money elsewhere so I don't miss out on a hard - earned vacation.

I also supported Carnival during that Triumph inncident...now two more ships in just a few weeks more no way.

The Fascination this may will be our last if we make it lol. We will go back to RC and going to try NCL which will bring a brand new ship called the Getaway to Miami early next year. ;)

On Carnvial not the dream, but on 3/21/13 Ecstacy. Should I be able to cancel and get a full refund. Kinda nervous

Friends of ours just returned Tuesday from the Ecstasy and they had a wonderful cruise - absolutely no problems or concerns.

Im hoping this time prices drop. So far no drop that I have seen. Prices seem up quite a bit from a year ago.

Ill still cruise.

Welcome back to the board FireFly.... We've missed you. Hope your cruises this past fall were fun and had lots of adventures.

I've been wondering about you and hope all has been well with you and your folks.

It doesn't concern me at all. Stuff happens.

But why does it happen to Carnival?

Poor maintenance?

Poor design?

Poor training?

Carnival has cut back their budgets for entertainment, food and their loyalty program. Have they also done so in the more critical areas?

That should concern you!

But why does it happen to Carnival?

Poor maintenance?

Poor design?

Poor training?

Carnival has cut back their budgets for entertainment, food and their loyalty program. Have they also done so in the more critical areas?

That should concern you!

Nope, it doesn't.

It's hilarious complaining about Carnival's maintenance considering that this latest problem was found during routine maintenance. This latest incident is exactly the opposite of Carnival skimping on safety. Carnival's actions on the Dream are exactly what everyone screamed for them to do a month ago.

Archived