Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Cabin #: 6071

Ship: Onward

Month / year sailed: January 2023

Would you choose this room again: No 

Is noise an issue: Yes— this cabin is directly across from a crew access and there is lots of door slamming/ chatter early in the morning (@ 7 a.m.) 

Balcony size: Standard

2 hours ago, NCNina said:

Cabin #: 6071

Month / year sailed: January 2023

Would you choose this room again: No 

Is noise an issue: Yes— this cabin is directly across from a crew access and there is lots of door slamming/ chatter early in the morning (@ 7 a.m.) 

Balcony size: Standard

Almost makes me want to take one of those Halloween motion or noise device and put it on my door!  On Celebrity I mention the slamming doors next to my room’s entrance and they reset the closer a bit better.  I just mentioned it was annoying but not much more!  On Azamara i have been able to mention things and the next day they seem fixed.  Of course, the chatter is harder to stop! 

• Like 3

Ship - Onward

Cabin Number - 7094

Month/Year sailed - January 2023

Would you choose this room again? - Absolutely if you like Azamara ships

Is noise an issue - Non whatsoever

Room type - standard balcony

Concerns:

(1) Balcony chairs have to go.

(2) Bathroom too small. Shower is way too small and shower curtain hugs you during showers.

(3) Motion is felt more in this size of ship. Wife was constantly looking for gravol and weather was good the whole cruise. 

Conclusion - First time and likely the last time with Azamara. We will stick with Celebrity for the time being.

Ship - Quest

Cabin Number - 8091

Room type - Owner's Suite

Would you choose this room again? - No.  A better choice would be an Owner's Suite cabin on the 7th floor or a Club Continent suite instead.

Was noise an issue - Yes. 

1. We could hear Sunset Bar chairs scraping and other movements above beginning at around 8am. 

2. The sliding glass door off the bedroom has not been maintained properly and does not lock.  As a result, we had to use the door brake to keep the door closed resulting in a sealing issue that allowed air through the small space causing whistling.

3. The headboard creaks with ship movement.  It was necessary to push the bed up against the back wall as tight as it would go, and then place towels behind the headboard to prevent it from tapping against the wall noisily.

Concerns:

1. The window sheers & curtains were tough to close properly.  Movement of both across the tracks above were not smooth and it was nearly impossible to adjust the curtains to fully block light coming into the bedroom.

2. We often smelled food from the Windows Café one floor up.

3. Rarely did we ever see our butler... we saw everyone else's butler but ours unless we called him for something.

4. Despite having two thermostats, we couldn't consistently regulate the temperature in the room to our liking.  On many occasions, it was either too cold or too warm in the room.

5. A strong smell of varnish came into our room on the second to the last, and the last day of the cruise.  Nothing in or outside our room was being varnished.  It was necessary to open the sliding glass doors to get the smell out.

6. There's a ton of storage everywhere but in the bathroom.  Except for the "bathroom" items we used everyday, all other grooming and bathroom type items needed to be stored in a closet in the bedroom.

7. The upholstery covering the furniture is looking pretty old and could stand to be replaced.

8. The mattress was uneven (warn in spots) and needs to be replaced.

9. There are no electrical outlets near the bed.  CPAP machine required an awkwardly placed extension cord to be run to an outlet on the desk.

Conclusion: We enjoyed the size of the room, the location, and the included perks that came along with it.  However, the room needs to be updated including but not limited to the basic fittings and furnishings.  Would most likely choose a Club Continent suite for future cruises on AZ... a much better value as the price differential does not seem to warrant the cost difference between the two classes of rooms.

Edited by DenGNNJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ship - Pursuit

Cabin Number - 8060

Would you choose this room again? - Absolutely

Is noise an issue - No. Very occasional low rumble of a trolley overhead. Once or twice a day and never at night that we noticed. 

Room type - Club Continent

Concerns:

(1) Light comes in under the door at night (we like it dark dark) so we would place a beach towel there when we went to bed 

(2) Water leaks on both sides of the shower door creating substantial puddles. We placed the tub mat a bit over toward one end and a hand towel under the other side. They’d be soaked by two showers. Otherwise loved the big shower.

Conclusion - loved the size and location. Our butler and steward were friendly and attentive. We’ve booked the same cabin for a future cruise. 

• Like 1

Ship - Onward

Cabin Number - 8801

Month/Year sailed - Jan 2022 B2B

Would you choose this room again? - Absolutely No, NoWay, Can’t say no enough

Is noise an issue - Very loud from Gym above. Woken up every morning from running on the tread mill. Was usually at 7:00 a.m., but is now 6:30 a.m.  Gym not even officially open, but they let people go in whenever they want. They just open the shut doors. 

Balcony Size - Balcony Plus

Ship - Onward

Cabin Number - 7098

Room type - Standard Club Veranda

Would you choose this room again? - No.  I didn't select this cabin, rather "won" it on an upgrade bid.

Was noise an issue - Yes. 

1. Directly across from a Crew access door.  This is an entry point for room service delivery and the steward would just let the doors bang closed behind them as they entered the corridor.  Not pleasant at 6:30 AM.  I brought this up to housekeeping and the next day the crew adjusted the closing mechanism so it closed with a little less noise.  Still a bit of a problem.

Concerns:

1. The sliding door was difficult to open and close.  Really required a big push.

2. Balcony furniture is just awful, awful, awful.  One big table and two small uncomfortable chairs.  The balcony is certainly big enough for two loungers and a small table.  Hope this is fixed before my next cruise.

3. The doors on the desk are ill-fitted and opening the center drawer was.

4. Plenty of people have let their feelings be known about the tiny bathroom and shower.  I concur.

Conclusion: I certainly enjoyed the size of the room, the copious storage space and my nearly invisible steward.  I believe I've only seen him 5 times in the 8 plus days of the cruise but the room is always in excellent shape and is made up when I leave the sign on the door.

• 2 weeks later...

We love Azamara and have just booked a last minute cruise on Onward for GTY balcony and already been allocated 6009 - please can anyone kindly advise the pros and cons? Only experienced deck 7 and 8 before when choosing our own cabins. Many thanks 😊 

Cabin Number: 7027

Month/Year sailed: January 2023

Would you choose this room again: I didn't choose this room but was allocated it as part of a guarantee booking. The room is interconnecting with 7025 and I had some trepidation about noise coming from the shared door. In the event we heard nothing from that side - we heard more from the other side who felt the need to have their TV playing constantly, but this was only a faint sound anyway. I wouldn't choose again as we may have got lucky with quiet neighbours and there is potential for noise with louder guests. However, I wouldn't be too alarmed to be allocated an interconnecting room based on this experience

Is noise an issue: No

Balcony size: Normal

Any other comments: This is a good location, close to elevators and just a few floors above the disembarkation area and a few floors down from the living room. For those who need to use elevators this end of the ship is better as the busier elevators are at the back.

New to Azamara and grateful for all the excellent information provided, which I've enjoyed reviewing.

Have booked balcony 6076 on Pursuit and now wondering whether I've made the right choice of stateroom location. I chose a starboard cabin thinking this would be advantageous in terms of sun position for our 2024 South African intensive itinerary, though possibly mistaken in thinking this will be marginally better for viewing sunsets versus number of sea days.

From studying the deck plan this appears to be over the door between the restaurant and galley below so I'm wondering about noise? 

I understand deck 7 is regarded as the most desirable but obviously comes at a cost premium. Though reviews of remaining staterooms, deck 7 included, often refer to noise from crew doors nearby, which are not marked on the deck plans I have seen (interestingly Princess, at least, do show them). 

Advice/views would be gratefully received.

Ship - Pursuit

Cabin Number - 8062

Would you choose this room again? - No

Is noise an issue - Opposite a crew access door.Very occasional low rumble of a trolley overhead. 

Now knowing the layout of the ship, I'd choose 8060 or 8058, both I think still in the cheaper N2 category but clear of access points and these locations have the preferable shower rather than bath arrangement. But in fairness, noise was not excessive from the access door and it certainly didn't spoil our cruise in what was otherwise a very pleasant cabin. 

I am about to book on Azamara Onward for the 12 night Italian intensive in August 2022. I have a couple of questions having never sailed on azamara before and given that i can't find an updated spread sheet with cabin reviews for Onward. I have the option of booking 8002,8004 8056 8062 all on port side and 8007,8009,8063,8065 on starboard side. And a quite a few options midship but I'm worried about pool deck noice in that area. Can anyone please advise. Secondly for this journey, the starbourd side will be mostly the land side. Should that be a consideration or should I just make sure that we don't have the fitness centre or pool area above us? Ive also read that the crew doors are opposite some cabins and are noisy, so I woulnt really want to be in those positions

• 4 weeks later...

We are looking at Spain intensive next year. Only CC cabins available are 8036-8052. Right under the pool. We get up pretty early, and normally not late nights. I think early crew moving furniture would be my main concern? Thoughts?  Thank you. I tried doing the search on this thread and had little success. Thank you 

51 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

We are looking at Spain intensive next year. Only CC cabins available are 8036-8052. Right under the pool. We get up pretty early, and normally not late nights. I think early crew moving furniture would be my main concern? Thoughts?  Thank you. I tried doing the search on this thread and had little success. Thank you 

Those are also all suites with bathtubs – that's why they're still available.

Ship - Onward

Cabin Number - 8026

Month/Year sailed - February 2023

Would you choose this room again? - No

Is noise an issue - Noise was not an issue. Occasionally heard chairs being moved on the pool deck, but it was infrequent and not a problem.

We were assigned this room on an upgrade bid. The room was in great shape except for a large crack on the top of the counter. It was visible primarily because the counter is white. The only reason I would not book the room again is because of the bathtub.