Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

15 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

That could be the same one! Definitely on the Quest. It started in Venice and went to Slovenia, Malta, Delphi, Corfu, Sorrento, and I think Montenegro and probably ended in Rome.

That’s the one!  We were so lucky we got to go to Delphi. That was only a port stop for a few times, that I know of.  😄

We used to sail a lot with X, but now, almost exclusively with Azamara.

I hope you enjoy your cruise!  Any questions, please ask.

Everyone is very helpful here! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

That’s the one!  We were so lucky we got to go to Delphi. That was only a port stop for a few times, that I know of.  😄

We used to sail a lot with X, but now, almost exclusively with Azamara.

I hope you enjoy your cruise!  Any questions, please ask.

Everyone is very helpful here! 

We sure were very lucky to see Delphi. We were literally the first two people off the Quest and to arrive at Delphi as it was opening. What a memorable day that was!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TourDeCruise said:

We are considering a cruise on the Azamara Onward in an aft deck 6 cabin such as 6089 (last V3 aft veranda cabin) as we usually prefer aft when sailing with Celebrity. It would be above the dining room on deck 5. Any feedback on aft deck 6 cabins? Do the V3 cabins have a tub or shower? I know there could be some vibration and motion as we have stayed in aft cabins often on Celebrity. We don't mind long walks to elevators. We have only been on Azamara one time but are Discover Platinum because of Celebrity Zenith FWIW.

There are no long walks on Azamara ships.😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, TourDeCruise said:

We are considering a cruise on the Azamara Onward in an aft deck 6 cabin such as 6089 (last V3 aft veranda cabin) as we usually prefer aft when sailing with Celebrity. It would be above the dining room on deck 5. Any feedback on aft deck 6 cabins? Do the V3 cabins have a tub or shower? I know there could be some vibration and motion as we have stayed in aft cabins often on Celebrity. We don't mind long walks to elevators. We have only been on Azamara one time but are Discover Platinum because of Celebrity Zenith FWIW.

Hey Kathy!  I've stayed aft deck six a few times. There is no noise from the dining room below except the only time I noticed anything was if they had a jazz brunch and I could hear the band below. That was it. I really like the location.

Just a heads up that the very last side cabins on each deck have a balcony cut out because of the shape of the hull. Best demonstrated with a photo. 6089 and the corresponding cabin on the other side will be like that. 

I hope you and Jack are both well. 

Phil 

466F295B-C4FF-421A-9487-B3E00F151773.png

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Hey Kathy!  I've stayed aft deck six a few times. There is no noise from the dining room below except the only time I noticed anything was if they had a jazz brunch and I could hear the band below. That was it. I really like the location.

Just a heads up that the very last side cabins on each deck have a balcony cut out because of the shape of the hull. Best demonstrated with a photo. 6089 and the corresponding cabin on the other side will be like that. 

I hope you and Jack are both well. 

Phil 

466F295B-C4FF-421A-9487-B3E00F151773.png

Good to hear from you. Are you still sailing with Celebrity too? Do you prefer Azamara? 

This is good to hear about lack of noise. Some noise during the day for a brunch is fine. Do you think the cutout would impact the size of the balcony? As long as the balcony is still the same size, that is okay (or a little bigger would be good!). Might work to our advantage because one of us could sit sheltered from the sun to read better on iPad or Kindle on the balcony. 

Ship - Onward

Cabin Number - 8054

Month/Year sailed - November 2022

Would you choose this room again? - Not my first choice

Is noise an issue - crew door opposite and it can be noisey 

Balcony Size - standard cc balcony ** Onward has terrible balcony chairs, hopefully they will be replaced.

Cabin was lovely.  Lots of storage, nice walk in shower.  Spent 2 cruises in this cabin

our last cruise we moved to an Owner's Suite:

Ship - Onward

Cabin Number 7114

Month/Year sailed - November 2022

Would you choose this room again? - maybe (see comments below)

Is noise an issue - No

Balcony size - large suite balcony with nice table, 4 comfortable chairs and 2 comfortable loungers

This suite had a tub/shower combination which I didn't care for.  It had a lower glass door that wasn't easy to open so you could walk into the tub and even harder to close.  Where the buttons were to turn on the water were only accessible if you were in the tub.  I don't know who came up with this idea but its not a good one.  There was no grab bar in the shower/tub.  After speaking with Hotel Director, a grab bar was installed.  I understand that the owner suite on starboard side had the big walk in shower.  If you look on the Azamara deck site, it does not tell you what bathroom combination you're getting when you book.

Other than the bath/shower combination, we enjoyed this suite very much, particularly the large balcony.

Just finished Spain Intensive, Rome/Barcelona/Valencia/Cartagena/Gibraltar/Sevilla/Lisbon on Nov 30 2022.  Room 8016.  Something was wrong with the room fire sensor or shower exhaust fan and sensor goes off when taking shower.  We had the alarm go off on four different days.  The routine is the alarm is seen on the bridge and they immediately call the room and send security.

The first time they told us to keep door to bathroom closed when taking shower.  The next time, we were told to keep the door open.  It is a real bother to be in shower with phone ring and security beating on the door.  I talked with front desk about it, to security, to several ship officers and nothing seems to have been done.  From the reaction of one desk clerk, I came to believe this is a continuing problem and even my insistence they get maintenance to fix whatever was causing the alarm; nothing was fixed.

I don't recommend this room

19 hours ago, TourDeCruise said:

Good to hear from you. Are you still sailing with Celebrity too? Do you prefer Azamara? 

This is good to hear about lack of noise. Some noise during the day for a brunch is fine. Do you think the cutout would impact the size of the balcony? As long as the balcony is still the same size, that is okay (or a little bigger would be good!). Might work to our advantage because one of us could sit sheltered from the sun to read better on iPad or Kindle on the balcony. 

I've given up on Celebrity. It's a shame, but they are no longer a product that appeals to me. Too loud all around the ship and they did the dirty on us with Zenith Retreat Lounge access which was a nice escape from that noise. It's fine. I prefer Azamara and whilst they remain true and honest I'll continue to sail with them. 

As far as the cutout goes, it's noticeable, but then I've only been in the CC suites on deck 8 that have them and it really wasn't bad. A bit of shelter. The balcony was the same size, but if course no divider to one side. In a standard verandah it might be more oppressive with a smaller balcony. Perhaps someone with experience of it in one of these cabins can chime in. 

Take care and enjoy your next Azamara. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Retired grandparents said:

Just finished Spain Intensive, Rome/Barcelona/Valencia/Cartagena/Gibraltar/Sevilla/Lisbon on Nov 30 2022.  Room 8016.  Something was wrong with the room fire sensor or shower exhaust fan and sensor goes off when taking shower.  We had the alarm go off on four different days.  The routine is the alarm is seen on the bridge and they immediately call the room and send security.

The first time they told us to keep door to bathroom closed when taking shower.  The next time, we were told to keep the door open.  It is a real bother to be in shower with phone ring and security beating on the door.  I talked with front desk about it, to security, to several ship officers and nothing seems to have been done.  From the reaction of one desk clerk, I came to believe this is a continuing problem and even my insistence they get maintenance to fix whatever was causing the alarm; nothing was fixed.

I don't recommend this room

Which ship was this?

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've given up on Celebrity. It's a shame, but they are no longer a product that appeals to me. Too loud all around the ship and they did the dirty on us with Zenith Retreat Lounge access which was a nice escape from that noise. It's fine. I prefer Azamara and whilst they remain true and honest I'll continue to sail with them. 

As far as the cutout goes, it's noticeable, but then I've only been in the CC suites on deck 8 that have them and it really wasn't bad. A bit of shelter. The balcony was the same size, but if course no divider to one side. In a standard verandah it might be more oppressive with a smaller balcony. Perhaps someone with experience of it in one of these cabins can chime in. 

Phil 

I understand completely. Yanking the Retreat Lounge from the Zenith members was an upsetting decision. We were very disappointed as we most often do Aqua Class and enjoyed Retreat/Michael's Club. Our other concern is about the number of guests on the ship and reduced staff - long waits, queues, inadequate seating, etc. We have a b2b on the X Beyond next month, so we will see how that goes. We have only had 3 cruises, all Celebrity, since the pandemic and they were all wonderful, but they were only around 40-60% full and with the full crew.

Thank you for the information on the cabin. We have 6089 booked on Onward for the holiday sailing next year, to be in our preferred aft, quieter location. We really like the "intensive" European cruises such as Intensive Ireland and also Intensive Spain, so might be booking one of those for 2024. In fact, we were booked with Azamara for the Spain Intensive cruise in 2020, but the pandemic forced the cancelation.

12 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Sorry to hear this, as we have a Celebrity cruise booked in Jan, 2024.  We have never been to Key West or Belize and I picked this cruise for that reason.  We are Elite+

14 hours ago, Tom47 said:

Sorry to hear this, as we have a Celebrity cruise booked in Jan, 2024.  We have never been to Key West or Belize and I picked this cruise for that reason.  We are Elite+

I can report back next month after our b2b Celebrity Beyond cruises. We are Zenith (as is Phil) so we have been on Celebrity often, the last time being in January 2022 (usually more often but less since pandemic). With your being a frequent Celebrity cruiser as Elite+, you know how to adjust and readjust your experience as needed. As an example, going to Cafe al Bacio during a show time when there are less people there or going to dinner during the non-peak hours.

Edited by TourDeCruise
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Tom47 said:

I am sure you'll enjoy. It's just my personal opinion of course. I took my first Celebrity cruise 20 years ago and as in life, things change. For some it's good, but for me it's not and I've had too many disappointments over the past four or five cruises with them. I just enjoy the smaller and more intimate ships with the more consistent service that brings. 

Phil 

• Like 4

I am sure this info is somewhere, but I cannot find it with the search and am needing a quick answer. Cabin question on Pursuit. I have read that cabin 6005, furthest cabin forward ocean view is larger as it actually takes in the balcony space. Can anyone confirm this?  Also, would cabins 7006/7007 - on deck above, same location- furthest forward ocean view, be larger as well than the normal OV? Need to make payment today and if they are not larger we may go a bit more midship. 

thanks so much,

Azamara Newbie

48 minutes ago, momnfrisco said:

I am sure this info is somewhere, but I cannot find it with the search and am needing a quick answer. Cabin question on Pursuit. I have read that cabin 6005, furthest cabin forward ocean view is larger as it actually takes in the balcony space. Can anyone confirm this?  Also, would cabins 7006/7007 - on deck above, same location- furthest forward ocean view, be larger as well than the normal OV? Need to make payment today and if they are not larger we may go a bit more midship. 

thanks so much,

Azamara Newbie

Yes the first two side facing cabins on 6 &7 are Oceanview cabins that take in the space used for a balcony in the next door veranda cabins. They are big. They feel very spacious. The window is a large round window. If we are having an ocean view, then these are our favourites. The only downside to the two on Deck 6 is that they are above the cabaret lounge and you do get a bit of noise if you go to bed early before the show has finished and at times during the day when they are rehearsing.

Ship - Onward

Cabin Number - 6064

Month/Year sailed - October/November 2022

Would you choose this room again? - Yes

Is noise an issue - No, very quiet.

Balcony Size - standard balcony

Fairly close to stairs and elevator, and guest laundry on deck 7.

Cabin Number  7114

Ship Journey

Month/Year sailed October 2022

Would you choose this room again Y

Is noise an issue N

Balcony size Larger

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much)

CW suite on port side; huge and tons of storage; no noise on this voyage (no long runs, so no top speed)

Cabin Number 8073

Ship   Pursuit

Month/Year sailed   Dec 2022

Would you chose this room again  Y

Balcony size  Normal

Tub/Shower combo

Any other comments   This is below Windows Cafe.  Last suite starboard side 9 before aft suites. There is noise from the Windows Cafe above, but it matters what time of day.  I am noise sensitive, and we get up early in the am, so the noise above didn't bother me at all.  Mainly because I know that it ends by about 10 pm when they are finished, and starts in earnest about 7 am. We rise between 5:30 and 6.   So, if you keep the same type of hours, nose from above is not bothersome at all, because it is non-existent in the night.

Edited by kimanjo
  • Thanks 1