Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

5 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Most of the accessible cabins I’ve been in are roll-in showers which if the ship is moving means wall to wall water depending upon the drain placements.  That said I’m never early enough to even see an accessible suite, so I can neither confirm nor deny them.  There are people who don’t qualify for accessible that can’t pole vault over some of the tubs in cabin or European hotels!  

One of the easiest ways to tell a regular accessible room is often the door width.  But I think some suites may have wider doors too.  

Exactly. We were in an accessible continental suite on Quest. As accessible suites have lower placements of the sink and desk. Bathroom doors are wider and they have a button to open the bathroom door. The toilets arr higher with grab bars on both sides.

None of those things are in this owners suite.

Pocket door between the living room and bedroom is not wide enough to accommodate a wheel chair, same with bathroom door. (Possibly a walker could fit through)

I have no idea what the design team was thinking with this bathroom/tub combination. Closing  the walk in glass door takes some effort.

Would I book this room again? If the price is right, maybe. It's a lovely suite and we do love the aft view.

1 hour ago, 2ndsailing said:

Exactly. We were in an accessible continental suite on Quest. As accessible suites have lower placements of the sink and desk. Bathroom doors are wider and they have a button to open the bathroom door. The toilets arr higher with grab bars on both sides.

None of those things are in this owners suite.

Pocket door between the living room and bedroom is not wide enough to accommodate a wheel chair, same with bathroom door. (Possibly a walker could fit through)

I have no idea what the design team was thinking with this bathroom/tub combination. Closing  the walk in glass door takes some effort.

Would I book this room again? If the price is right, maybe. It's a lovely suite and we do love the aft view.

i don’t think I’ve seen a bathroom door opener in a cabin, just on some exterior doors!    I really suspect that the walk in tub is for those who can’t step over and where there is a glass “curtain” that keeps you from the sit and swing over! 

On 11/22/2022 at 4:15 PM, Big Timber said:

I am in 7119 in February.  Is that your current cabin?  If not, do you know if 7119 also has the tub/shower combination?  If so, I will try to change to either deck 8 or 6 (both currently are available).  If you have any recommendations, I would appreciate receiving them.  Thank you.

One thing to consider for deck 8, is that the Sunset Verandah is directly above you. You might hear some chair/table scraping noises?  We've always chosen Deck 6 or 7 CW based on past experience in a CC under the patio. If you're an early bird, then scraping noises might not make any difference.

• Like 1

I was just on the Pursuit and Quest in an Owner's suite. The bathroom in the Pursuit (6088) was wonderful. It had a large shower, toilet and double sinks.   There was a mirrored cabinet above each sink with lots of storage space and two large cabinets beneath the sinks.  There were also recessed shelves near the door for additional handy storage.  There was a separate powder room (toilet and sink) off the entry to the suite.  (Two toilets total.)

The bathroom in the Quest (6091) had the large bathtub, large shower and one sink with almost no storage.  The only storage space was a narrow shelf above the sink and a shelf beneath the sink almost at floor level.  There was a sliding door to the toilet.  There was a little sink by the toilet with a similar lack of storage space.  There was a door to the entry to the suite.  (Just one toilet.)

The good news is that Ryszard, the hotel director, told me that the Quest will be in drydock in March or April 2024 and the Owner's suite bathrooms will be redone to be the same as on the Pursuit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Twiga said:

I was just on the Pursuit and Quest in an Owner's suite. The bathroom in the Pursuit (6088) was wonderful. It had a large shower, toilet and double sinks.   There was a mirrored cabinet above each sink with lots of storage space and two large cabinets beneath the sinks.  There were also recessed shelves near the door for additional handy storage.  There was a separate powder room (toilet and sink) off the entry to the suite.  (Two toilets total.)

So no tub on Pursuit?  Was that space where the shower was?  I'm trying to picture where they added the second toilet.  It sounds like an ideal layout.

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So no tub on Pursuit?  Was that space where the shower was?  I'm trying to picture where they added the second toilet.  It sounds like an ideal layout.

No tub on the Pursuit.  I tried to find a floorplan online, but the only ones I saw were for the Quest layout. Since the suites I was in were on each side of the ship and mirror images of each other, I can't quite align the Pursuit layout to the Quest floorplan. The Pursuit layout is terrific! 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It's a bit difficult to explain, but the set ups Quest/Journey vs Pursuit are quite different. First off there is no door through to the second toilet and sink area. The wall space that has created is where the large shower and a separate toilet are located, so they face you as you walk into the bathroom from the bedroom. To the left or right depending on which side of the ship you are on the same wall as the entry door is a double sink contained within a large cabinet area. The second toilet has a larger sink because the sliding door has been "bricked up". It's a much better set up, but you do forego the tub. 

Phil 

• Thanks 5

On 11/24/2022 at 6:37 AM, JandMinToronto said:

One thing to consider for deck 8, is that the Sunset Verandah is directly above you. You might hear some chair/table scraping noises?  We've always chosen Deck 6 or 7 CW based on past experience in a CC under the patio. If you're an early bird, then scraping noises might not make any difference.

That was one of the reasons I chose deck 7, however, I think I would prefer some noise to dealing with the particular tub/shower combination as shown in prior photos.  Just to clarify, I was not suggesting that the Onward Owner Suites on deck 6 and 7 were "handicapped suites", but that the tub was the kind I have seen in commercials on tv for people who would have difficulty stepping into a regular tub.  I still haven't made the change but if anyone knows first hand if any of the Owner Suites on Onward (except for deck eight), have just the shower, please let me know.  Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Big Timber said:

That was one of the reasons I chose deck 7, however, I think I would prefer some noise to dealing with the particular tub/shower combination as shown in prior photos.  Just to clarify, I was not suggesting that the Onward Owner Suites on deck 6 and 7 were "handicapped suites", but that the tub was the kind I have seen in commercials on tv for people who would have difficulty stepping into a regular tub.  I still haven't made the change but if anyone knows first hand if any of the Owner Suites on Onward (except for deck eight), have just the shower, please let me know.  Thank you.

I'm still trying to ask this for my future considerations. I'll post if I find out anything.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big Timber said:

i found the combo interesting because we investigated a walk in tub.  One problem that was pointed out was that you have to sit there and wait for the water to drain (and get colder, of course!)  I do like the glass door though. 

cabin Number 7036

Ship   Onward

Month/Year sailed  November 2022

Would you choose this room again Y/N   No - needs bathroom refurnishing (sink chipped in numerous places, sink over flow discoloured and shower control limescale and marked and furniture (cupboards/doors modernising)

Is noise an issue Y/N   Y - During rough seas the wind howled through the sliding balcony door and noise from the lifeboat below.   Otherwise very quiet

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller   Normal Size balcony  - Chairs cheap uncomfortable  - OK if sat upright at the table.

20221114_232207 (1).jpg

20221114_232204 (1).jpg

20221114_232219.jpg

Edited by santrah

Cabin Number 8029 (Club Continent Suite)

Ship   Onward

Month/Year sailed  November 2022

Would you choose this room again Y/N   Yes - near perfect!  The lounge chair particularly comfy - lots of storage - self close drawers - quality updated modern cabinetry.   Spacious shower (no bath)

Is noise an issue Y/N  No noise issues

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller   Normal Size balcony  - Chairs on balcony cheap uncomfortable  had expected better quality - you could not 'lounge' in them - OK if sat upright at the table.

On 11/25/2022 at 2:46 PM, Big Timber said:

7119 has walk in shower

7114 tub/shower combination

Our cabin attendant says one suite on each floor has tub/shower, one walk in.

Hope this helos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/26/2022 at 11:52 AM, 2ndsailing said:

7119 has walk in shower

7114 tub/shower combination

Our cabin attendant says one suite on each floor has tub/shower, one walk in.

Hope this helos

Thank you so much!!!  Great news, so I'll keep my 7119.  Your information saved me from requesting a change.  Much appreciated.

• Like 1

I have no idea if that cabin is in the same condition.  Location wise for ease of access to lifts, public areas and the brilliant laundry then it was great and no noise from the interior of the ship eg hallway, stewards storage room etc.  We were disappointed in the room and as Onward is Azamara's newly refurbished ship we expected it to be better.  There was even dust on the hinges of the cupboards and the cabinets looked old with scratches and marks.  The shower curtain was tattered and marked however, this was changed by the steward.  The sink really should have been replaced. There wasn't even a heated mirror or illuminated mirror in the bathroom...just a ceiling lights.  Ceiling lighting in the room and bathroom had a yellow dull shade to it.  The best quality lights were the wall lights by the bed.  The lighting in our previous room a CC Suite Onward was superb!  It was like sailing on two diferrent ships!  The bed in 6036 was extremely comfy and bedding lovely.  The room had a sofa bed too and this took up a lot of room as it was quite deep in size.   Friends were in a forward deck 6 this looked a little tidier but still had old cabinets.  Theirs had a smaller love seat and the room appeared a bit more spacious.  However I wouldn't change to that location.    The staff onboard are outstanding and it appears a 'happy ship'  with many greeting you by name in the corridor in just a few days.  It has a lovely atmosphere and offers a great experience.  

• Like 1

Santrah,

Thanks for the prompt and detailed response, it is quite helpful.  Perhaps some more work will be done in the staterooms before my cruise, which is a transatlantic on Feb, 28th.  Our last 2 Azamara cruises were in an owner's suite, on the Quest and Journey.  This time, going solo, I will be in a veranda.  I can live with a stateroom that isn't like new, as long as it is kept clean and as long as the public areas in the ship are in good shape, which sounds like it is.

• Like 1

We are considering a cruise on the Azamara Onward in an aft deck 6 cabin such as 6089 (last V3 aft veranda cabin) as we usually prefer aft when sailing with Celebrity. It would be above the dining room on deck 5. Any feedback on aft deck 6 cabins? Do the V3 cabins have a tub or shower? I know there could be some vibration and motion as we have stayed in aft cabins often on Celebrity. We don't mind long walks to elevators. We have only been on Azamara one time but are Discover Platinum because of Celebrity Zenith FWIW.

15 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

We are considering a cruise on the Azamara Onward in an aft deck 6 cabin such as 6089 (last V3 aft veranda cabin) as we usually prefer aft when sailing with Celebrity. It would be above the dining room on deck 5. Any feedback on aft deck 6 cabins? Do the V3 cabins have a tub or shower? I know there could be some vibration and motion as we have stayed in aft cabins often on Celebrity. We don't mind long walks to elevators. We have only been on Azamara one time but are Discover Platinum because of Celebrity Zenith FWIW.

All of the veranda class cabins have showers. I have stayed in far aft cabins before and not been bothered by vibration or motion, but others may want to chime in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

All of the veranda class cabins have showers. I have stayed in far aft cabins before and not been bothered by vibration or motion, but others may want to chime in. 

Good! Prefer shower. We like the quiet, out-of-the way location of aft cabins. Shouldn't be too noisy hopefully over dining room.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

Hi, recognize your name from X.  have you sailed with Azamara before?  Wanted to warn that the reciprocity for loyalty status with X (for those members who have never sailed with Azamara) ends 2/1/23, I believe.  So hopefully your sailing you are considering is before then?  Azamara is a great choice! 

Oops!  edited because I saw you wrote you have been on Azamara once before!  So disregard. 😀

Edited by takemewithyou

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Hi, recognize your name from X.  have you sailed with Azamara before?  Wanted to warn that the reciprocity for loyalty status with X (for those members who have never sailed with Azamara) ends 2/1/23, I believe.  So hopefully your sailing you are considering is before then?  Azamara is a great choice! 

Oops!  edited because I saw you wrote you have been on Azamara once before!  So disregard. 😀

Yes. we sailed in September 2010 with Azamara and loved that Mediterranean cruise. We were Discover Plus at the time. Azamara's website shows us as Discover Platinum now and ever since we made Zenith on X. I recognize your name too.

Edited by TourDeCruise
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

Yes. we sailed in September 2010 with Azamara and loved that Mediterranean cruise. We were Discover Plus at the time. Azamara's website shows us as Discover Platinum now and ever since we made Zenith on X. I recognize your name too.

Were we on the same cruise?  From Venice to Rome on Quest?

30 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Were we on the same cruise?  From Venice to Rome on Quest?

That could be the same one! Definitely on the Quest. It started in Venice and went to Slovenia, Malta, Delphi, Corfu, Sorrento, and I think Montenegro and probably ended in Rome.

• Like 1