Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Thank you to Grandma Cruising and takemewithyou for your replies, we do appreciate that you've shared your thoughts.  Still contemplating - we've always preferred the Deck 6 verandas and are hoping to make this work for us again.  (Pesky cabin spreadsheet still rejected by my laptop, but now we have the info we were looking for.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ithikan said:

Thank you to Grandma Cruising and takemewithyou for your replies, we do appreciate that you've shared your thoughts.  Still contemplating - we've always preferred the Deck 6 verandas and are hoping to make this work for us again.  (Pesky cabin spreadsheet still rejected by my laptop, but now we have the info we were looking for.)

You might try opening it with another browser. That has sometimes worked for me

• 4 weeks later...

Just returned from 7-night Italy intensive on the Onward. We stayed in the Owner's Suite 6091 Copenhagen Suite, and it was an amazing experience. 100% satisfied with our entire onboard experience sailing Azamara Onward. I have uploaded a video of the room because before we sailed, there was not one available anywhere!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, arubaaruba said:

Just returned from 7-night Italy intensive on the Onward. We stayed in the Owner's Suite 6091 Copenhagen Suite, and it was an amazing experience. 100% satisfied with our entire onboard experience sailing Azamara Onward. I have uploaded a video of the room because before we sailed, there was not one available anywhere!

Very nice! Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

• Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 10:55 AM, arubaaruba said:

1454056052_Roomtour.MOV

We're still on board and I can't open your link. Internet is hit and miss on this transatlantic crossing. Question for you - did you have the tub/shower combination or a walk in shower? We're in owners suite on deck 7 and have the combination. Someone we met in deck 8 owners suite have a walk in shower.

21 minutes ago, JandMinToronto said:

Does the Shower/Tub combo have a little step-through door?  Someone on the inaugural cruise mentioned it to me but I haven't seen it yet (will be in CW next month!)  And if so, hopefully the seal is water tight when used as a tub!

i haven't used the bath but I will say the step through door is sometimes hard to close. (Not to mention opening for the first time) You have to really slam it so maybe it will be water tight.

I have attached a photo. Hope this helps.

20221120_095632.jpg

27 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Really dislike that tub/shower combination, even with the door.

I agree they are recipes for leak disasters and awkward to use.  

Thanks to Arubaaruba for the video

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2ndsailing said:

We're still on board and I can't open your link. Internet is hit and miss on this transatlantic crossing. Question for you - did you have the tub/shower combination or a walk in shower? We're in owners suite on deck 7 and have the combination. Someone we met in deck 8 owners suite have a walk in shower.

I am in 7119 in February.  Is that your current cabin?  If not, do you know if 7119 also has the tub/shower combination?  If so, I will try to change to either deck 8 or 6 (both currently are available).  If you have any recommendations, I would appreciate receiving them.  Thank you.

Is 6091 an accessible suite on Onward?  Or is this the new design for CW suites on Onward?

We have been in 6088 on Quest (in 2018) and 7114 on Journey (in 2022) and both had a regular tub plus a nice shower stall.  Does 6091 on Onward not have the separate shower stall?

2 hours ago, Big Timber said:

I am in 7119 in February.  Is that your current cabin?  If not, do you know if 7119 also has the tub/shower combination?  If so, I will try to change to either deck 8 or 6 (both currently are available).  If you have any recommendations, I would appreciate receiving them.  Thank you.

No that's not our cabin. We know a couple who were in front suites last cruise and had this tub shower combination. This cruise they are in owners suite on deck 8 and have no tub just walk in shower.

I cannot see on Onward deck plan where they tell you which suites have tubs. That would be helpful.

55 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Is 6091 an accessible suite on Onward?  Or is this the new design for CW suites on Onward?

We have been in 6088 on Quest (in 2018) and 7114 on Journey (in 2022) and both had a regular tub plus a nice shower stall.  Does 6091 on Onward not have the separate shower stall?

We had owners suite on the Journey. That shower is so much better. But these suites have a guest bathroom as you enter so we have 2 toilets which we didn't have on the Journey. (Nice feature)

Don't know the answer about deck 6 owner suites.

I had no idea that these Owner Suites on Onward are different than on other ships in the fleet. For the record, I have  never stayed in one, but would like to.  But not with that tub situation!  That would not please me or my spouse to either book or bid to upgrade and find that tub situation!  We would prefer a full roomy shower and forget the tub unless it is separate.  I am glad we didn’t bid for upgrade.  I think Azamara needs to make it clear which owners suites have which kind of master bath set up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2ndsailing said:

We had owners suite on the Journey. That shower is so much better. But these suites have a guest bathroom as you enter so we have 2 toilets which we didn't have on the Journey. (Nice feature)

Don't know the answer about deck 6 owner suites.

Our CW on Journey had one toilet (and a second sink) in the guest part of the bathroom.  Maybe that's what they did with the shower stall space in the owner's part.  I would MUCH prefer the Journey layout, with a nice shower stall [its dimensions are even better than the shape of a former tub turned shower stall].  I guess I'll cross Onward off my list...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Our CW on Journey had one toilet (and a second sink) in the guest part of the bathroom.  Maybe that's what they did with the shower stall space in the owner's part.  I would MUCH prefer the Journey layout, with a nice shower stall [its dimensions are even better than the shape of a former tub turned shower stall].  I guess I'll cross Onward off my list...

you get an even bigger shower stall on Onward (deck 8) and two toilets plus a total of three sinks.

11 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

you get an even bigger shower stall on Onward (deck 8) and two toilets plus a total of three sinks.

I'd like to see the suite layouts for Onward.  Azamara's website still shows only the original ships [the zigzag carpet is a tipoff]

If I am understanding prior comments about the Owner Suites on Onward, those on Deck 7 (according to "2nd Sailing" and the video from "arubaaruba" of Owner Suite 6091 those suites all have a combination handicapped tub/shower combination, but perhaps the 2 Owner Suites on Deck 8 have a different configuration ie. a regular shower.  If anyone can either confirm or dispute these conclusions, I would be very grateful as I am currently booked in an Owner's suite on Deck 7 and could change now.  I would prefer not having the tub/shower combination. I have looked at the deck plans, but cannot find the answers.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, Big Timber said:

If I am understanding prior comments about the Owner Suites on Onward, those on Deck 7 (according to "2nd Sailing" and the video from "arubaaruba" of Owner Suite 6091 those suites all have a combination handicapped tub/shower combination, but perhaps the 2 Owner Suites on Deck 8 have a different configuration ie. a regular shower.  If anyone can either confirm or dispute these conclusions, I would be very grateful as I am currently booked in an Owner's suite on Deck 7 and could change now.  I would prefer not having the tub/shower combination. I have looked at the deck plans, but cannot find the answers.  Thank you.

Deck 7 owners suite is not a handicap suite. It does have the tub/shower combination, once I learned how to open and close the lower glass door,  it works well.. See my earlier posts for photos. I do prefer the walk in shower, but this tub/shower works fine. We love our suite. It's quiet, has a comfortable living room, bed and great balcony.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2ndsailing said:

Deck 7 owners suite is not a handicap suite. It does have the tub/shower combination, once I learned how to open and close the lower glass door,  it works well.. See my earlier posts for photos. I do prefer the walk in shower, but this tub/shower works fine. We love our suite. It's quiet, has a comfortable living room, bed and great balcony.

They all have those things.  If your suite isn't Accessible, why did they put in an Accessible TubShower?  The original layout with a walk in shower wasn't broken!

43 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

They all have those things.  If your suite isn't Accessible, why did they put in an Accessible TubShower?  The original layout with a walk in shower wasn't broken!

Most of the accessible cabins I’ve been in are roll-in showers which if the ship is moving means wall to wall water depending upon the drain placements.  That said I’m never early enough to even see an accessible suite, so I can neither confirm nor deny them.  There are people who don’t qualify for accessible that can’t pole vault over some of the tubs in cabin or European hotels!  

One of the easiest ways to tell a regular accessible room is often the door width.  But I think some suites may have wider doors too.  

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak