Jeans during the day

AtMaui

Can I assume that since the SS web site states "casual resort wear is appropriate for daytime aboard the ship" that jeans can be worn? I'm specifically asking because of the TA in November. And I definitely am talking nice jeans!

Jaci

Thanks so much for all the responses. Will definitely pack the jeans for the November TA.

Jaci

Right to the airport from the barn. Dungarees all the way! If I hear the word "NICE" I'll scream. Let's have the staff join in so that they don't look better dressed than the guests!

And just what percentage of men do you see wearing jeans during the day?

I have never took count on any cruise line/ship.

In the end it will vary by itinerary.

And on certain ones I have seen quite a few. Alaska is a good example.

Keith

Some of us define jeans as being made out of "denim" -- usually blue denim. If the definition was "trousers", they would be allowed in the evening.... wouldn't they?

I also do not know why the percentage of passengers wearing jeans during the day matters. As stated, it depends upon the itinerary. On my Silversea and Regent cruises, "most" of the male passengers wore jeans or some form of shorts (trousers that typically end above the knee) during the day.

Can I assume that since the SS web site states "casual resort wear is appropriate for daytime aboard the ship" that jeans can be worn? I'm specifically asking because of the TA in November. And I definitely am talking nice jeans!

Jaci

This person is going to wear jeans during the day and that is fine. My observation has been that it is a slim minority wearing jeans on a TA. They are not going to Alaska.

I don't see the big difference between wearing black or dark blue jeans and a nice polo shirt on casual nights vs. khaki's and a nice polo shirt. Then again, I asked Ron what the big difference is between wearing jeans vs. slacks. Same thing to me! :) I wouldn't go to dinner in a tshirt and sneakers...but you can certainly dress up a nice pair of jeans. (sorry for saying nice fizzy) :)

With that in mind I am wondering what the caribbean cruise we are going on will require at dinner time for casual nights and the shows afterwards....

Archived