Diamond (and higher) drink vouchers are back on Independence of the Seas

Daghis

I just boarded Independence of the Seas. This is my first time as Diamond. I noticed in the Diamond Lounge a sign advising that Diamond and higher members may now get their Happy Hour drinks through three "vouchers" that are loaded onto our SeaPass card nightly for drinks at any bar/lounge onboard (not available in the restaurants) from 5:00-8:30. Talking with some of the bartenders, this is the first sailing (since the original trial during the transatlantic sailing) that they've done this.

The vouchers are good for any drink that would be available in the Diamond Lounge.

Thanks for letting us know. We'll be on IOS next and will be following this thread to learn more about people's experiences. We're very interested to hear if the CL was still open for cocktails in the evening, and more about experiences at the bars and what cocktails are included.

I'm sure we can all still go to the lounge...they wouldn't be spending $$$ putting in the lounge on Navigator, etc.

Some folks just want to be with their traveling partners who aren't diamond so they made the vouchers available.

I'm sure we can all still go to the lounge...they wouldn't be spending $$$ putting in the lounge on Navigator, etc.

Some folks just want to be with their traveling partners who aren't diamond so they made the vouchers available.

I would welcome this change for the reason you mention. Because the majority of our traveling companions have not been Diamond when we have sailed, we rarely visit the diamond lounge and take advantage of the complimentary cocktails!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It took us a long time to earn Diamond Plus. My wife and I enjoy the CL and the friendships that we have made there. Sure, I could get my beer at any bar of my choosing, but it's not the same. A few weeks ago on the Grandeur, the Captain, Hotel Director and several other senior officers stopped by several times to see how everyone was enjoying their cruise. I love the hors d'oeuvres, the coffee machine and just a nice place to hang out any time of day. If they give you a choice of vouchers or the lounge, that's OK, but please don't take away the lounge.

CL and DL drink menu is the same.

M

Ok. But if I am eligible for free drinks in the CL lounge (suite guest) but not in the DL, then I have to go to the CL to get my free drinks. I am just saying it would be nice if it also were offered on CL guest passes as well to allow me the "perk" that goes with the suite without having to go to the actual CL.

I just boarded Independence of the Seas. This is my first time as Diamond. I noticed in the Diamond Lounge a sign advising that Diamond and higher members may now get their Happy Hour drinks through three "vouchers" that are loaded onto our SeaPass card nightly for drinks at any bar/lounge onboard (not available in the restaurants) from 5:00-8:30. Talking with some of the bartenders, this is the first sailing (since the original trial during the transatlantic sailing) that they've done this.

The vouchers are good for any drink that would be available in the Diamond Lounge.

Great news. Hope this is a definite for our April sailing ;).

I also hope it goes fleetwide. The lounges are just getting too crowded. Often times if you get there at 5:10 you are out of luck seat wise!!

I usually go around 6:30. TONS of seats available, because most guests have left for dinner.

I usually go around 6:30. TONS of seats available, because most guests have left for dinner.

Same here and you should see all the seats left at 8:30! :)

Our plans normally MTD at 5:30, DL 6:30 or 7, back to the cabin around 9.

It took us a long time to earn Diamond Plus. My wife and I enjoy the CL and the friendships that we have made there. Sure, I could get my beer at any bar of my choosing, but it's not the same. A few weeks ago on the Grandeur, the Captain, Hotel Director and several other senior officers stopped by several times to see how everyone was enjoying their cruise. I love the hors d'oeuvres, the coffee machine and just a nice place to hang out any time of day. If they give you a choice of vouchers or the lounge, that's OK, but please don't take away the lounge.

Why not? As long as they keep the lounge for those of you who want to hob nob with the brass and fellow diamonds, and free up the space of interlopers like me who would rather have a drink (or not) where and with whom I want? (We've barely cracked 50, and everyone looks at us crossed eyed when we walk in, including the concierge:eek:) It would make things much less crowded and quite a bit more comfortable for everyone!:D

I also hope it goes fleetwide. The lounges are just getting too crowded. Often times if you get there at 5:10 you are out of luck seat wise!!

Agreed, rather than over crowd one lounge, allow folks to drink with their full paying pals...sometimes, none of us bothers getting a drink, and we just socialize on a balcony instead, maybe by providing me with a free one elsewhere, I might bring my full paying pals with me into one of your other lounges :D($$$$)

I hope they keep the lounges, but expand the voucher system...right now I'd say it's designed just to relieve overcrowding based on what's been reported here- we know those 8 day Indys are loaded with C&As

Oh, by the way Marc , have a great cruise !

Edited by Familygoboston

Do we still get the choice of going to the D/L or C/L? For cruises when it is just DH and I we would likely go to the lounges. When we are cruising with our non-diamond friends, we would love to be able to get free drinks in a bar with our friends. Win/win for the company - we get our freebies and our friends would likely buy a drink.

They have just retrofited many ships, why would they put them in to take them away, relax!....:eek: