How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

12 minutes ago, ldubs said:

6 days to Mrs Ldub's last work day before retirement!!!!

Now THAT'S exciting! Tell her that my favorite part of retirement is making a cup of coffee in the morning and SITTING DOWN AND DRINKING IT.

24 minutes ago, ldubs said:

8 days to our next cruise/land trip combo.   

6 days to Mrs Ldub's last work day before retirement!!!!

3 days to getting this clunky brace off my foot (nuisance be gone!).  

Wow 3 big milestones, all worth celebrating.

10 minutes ago, clo said:

Now THAT'S exciting! Tell her that my favorite part of retirement is making a cup of coffee in the morning and SITTING DOWN AND DRINKING IT.

That is funny.  Half the time she drives off in the morning and her cup of coffee is still sitting on the counter.   👍

• Like 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

I do that now and am still working, I suppose a desk job makes it easier..

Do you work from home? I'm talking about sitting in my robe, on the sofa with Hairy Red Dog beside me.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Wow 3 big milestones, all worth celebrating.

Thanks.  The first two are.  The brace I've worn for the past 4 weeks is a relatively minor med issue, but I will sure be glad to get the darn thing off.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, clo said:

Do you work from home? I'm talking about sitting in my robe, on the sofa with Hairy Red Dog beside me.

I have a nice breakfast followed by a cup of coffee, then I get ready for work. Once at work, I clear my desk and have a second cup while I think strategically about how to organise my day. Once the coffee is finished I get stuck into the work.

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

And have a proper wash and sleep I imagine.

It is like a big clunky boot. They let me take it off for showers thankfully.  Still not used to sleeping in the thing.  Thx.  

2 minutes ago, ldubs said:

It is like a big clunky boot. They let me take it off for showers thankfully.  Still not used to sleeping in the thing.  Thx.  

That is not too bad then. Sleeping is always a pain when injured, I imagine the boot makes it much worse even if protecting your foot/ankle.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ldubs said:

They let me take it off for showers thankfully.

Sooooo OT...we did a major remodel to our house which included a new master bath. Instead of a tub, we did a long shower that has a tiled "bench" at the end opposite the shower itself. Love it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, clo said:

Sooooo OT...we did a major remodel to our house which included a new master bath. Instead of a tub, we did a long shower that has a tiled "bench" at the end opposite the shower itself. Love it.

In 2006 we did a major remodel as well ,one of our bathrooms had a Monet painting on the wall.I loved that because it was so different.However,Mrs.66 thought it was too weird and we now have tile .

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 2006 we did a major remodel as well ,one of our bathrooms had a Monet painting on the wall.I loved that because it was so different.However,Mrs.66 thought it was too weird and we now have tile .

I have a large mirror in our bathroom so the only painting I see is more like a Dali or Picasso..

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, clo said:

We sold our two story house and bought a one story and then did same thing, separate shower and both ends and long bench in between. 27 days till cruise, have a royal suite with separate tub and shower and small hot tub on balcony 😁