How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

72, with a two-week plane-hopping trip to So.America leaving in 9.

@Lois R-- time to be setting things aside for the final packing!

Crystal..…..I have done some of that already:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I was pretty sure you had, although I haven't done a thing towards packing for SA! We had a scare with my mom's health this week and I was thinking we might have to cancel that one.

Oh my, hope she will be ok!!!!

45 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Well, she is stable (bloodtests that is) and eating -- a big weak from either a stomach bug or some bad/old turkey -- staying with my sister who is making her three meals a day and maybe snacks.

She "forgets" to eat and has no reserves to live off!

Sounds like your sister has her sorted to recover.

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Well, she is stable (bloodtests that is) and eating -- a big weak from either a stomach bug or some bad/old turkey -- staying with my sister who is making her three meals a day and maybe snacks.

She "forgets" to eat and has no reserves to live off!

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Sounds like your sister has her sorted to recover.

X2.  I hope she gets well soon.   

It's a Gate1 tour, 14 Day Classic Brazil, Argentina & Chile with Mendoza Wine Country:

14DBrazilArgentinaChile17.svg

Rio, Iguazu, Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Santiago. 

We were originally booked to sail 28-days (all of February) with Princess. When I found that HAL had a similar cruise mid-March to mid-April on our new favorite class ship (Vista ship Oosterdam), I cancelled PCL and booked HAL. When I did, I knew that March 21 would be too long from DH's retirement at the end of 2019, to the next trip, so I was ready to accept any reasonable suggestion. This is what he came up with!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

It's a Gate1 tour, 14 Day Classic Brazil, Argentina & Chile with Mendoza Wine Country:

We were originally booked to sail 28-days (all of February) with Princess. When I found that HAL had a similar cruise mid-March to mid-April on our new favorite class ship (Vista ship Oosterdam), I cancelled PCL and booked HAL. When I did, I knew that March 21 would be too long from DH's retirement at the end of 2019, to the next trip, so I was ready to accept any reasonable suggestion. This is what he came up with!

Sounds a great trip

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, crystalspin said:

We've traveled a number of times with Gate1 and been very impressed. 

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We have used Gate 1 for a South East Asia tour (Cambodia and Vietnam) and an India tour.

We did Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. Also Turkey, Israel, Patagonia and Antarctica. Oh and a DIY Tuscany and maybe a river cruise but not sure if Gate1. We just got tired of the overstructuring of everything.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have a great time,Lois R

Thanks Lenny:classic_biggrin:...…..it is going to be ALOT of doing nothing for a week!....eating, drinking,

napping, not necessarily in that order---but this is definitely an R&R cruise:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Thanks Lenny:classic_biggrin:...…..it is going to be ALOT of doing nothing for a week!....eating, drinking,

napping, not necessarily in that order---but this is definitely an R&R cruise:classic_biggrin:

R&R is always good.Many years ago I aspired to write the great American novel and planned a cruise to do just that but alas I never finished it.