Best things to eat on board?

beverly_kaye

I discovered the curried potatoes and cauliflower in the ocean view cafe on day 6. A lot of food was just average so I'd love everyone's input for my next cruise in November. Please tell me your favorites so I can get the best tastes for the calories. Oh and I loved the lemon pie in the buffet. And my husband like the frog legs in the MDR. Thank you!

Bev

breakfast: poached eggs (variety of eggs benedict);smoked salmon(although reports are they have changed vendors).

Lunch: hamburgers at poolside grill (but fresh off the grill, not sitting in pan); indian curries; pasta but only if they are making the sauce to order; ice cream

Dinner: Onion Soup, any lamb dish

Arctic char (Aqua Spa cafe)

Gelato

Caesar salad

Beef Carpaccio

Prime Rib

Fries

Chocolate Lava cake

note to self:

Eat only the Arctic char from this list, on the next cruise so you don't have to diet for weeks after you get home!:D

The beef burgers and French fries at the mast grill are awesome. Also the fruit punch in the oceanview (and mast grill) are really refreshing. The scrambled eggs, cream cheese, bacon strips and hash browns in the oceanview (breakfast) are also excellent.

Lamb chops. They've been great on every ship and every cruise line we've been on.

Indian food, esp vegetable curry

Any soup in Blu

And on the other side of the coin?

Edited by BosoxI

I loved the lamb shankwith couscous ....do they still serve it ...delicious

I remember food on Millie being excellent

We had the Moroccan lamb shank with couscous last week on Eclipse, but asked for it without any accompliments but with a Yorkshire Pudding and Carrots instead. It came as ordered with lovely gravy too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheese cake. I dream about it. It is that good! I also like the beef wellington, lunch time crioissants, and caesar salad with anchovies. Salmon mousse is fabulous. I miss the daily bread pudding. My most recent cruise did not have it. Food in the MDR is outstanding. Choices are excellent. Enjoy!