A new ship for Princess in 2017?

caribill

Hi All

Expect we will see more of the likes of Princess and P&O deals sharing a design

But with internal structure different and only minor superstructure changes.

Ruby to Ventura

Royal to Britannia

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

"A ship design that could be used across several brands" - That doesn't sound so great.

This isn't a bad thing. It just works out cheaper. It is a very costly and lengthy process designing a completely new hull and ship layout from scratch. This means you can still differentiate with public area layouts and decor, but the basic general arrangement stays the same. Machinery spaces will be near identical.

I doubt P&O will get another ship so soon after Britannia. I feel they are probably reaching their needed capacity.

Edited by littlesteelo

I'm sure it does. That's what they're going for - CHEAPER.

Which is what any company, if they want to stay in business, would do. I think you will find all listed Companies want the best value to help profits and pay shareholders.

Not sure why Carnival Group/Princess would be any different. If they can save a few million on ship design, then thats a few million they do not need to cut from somewhere else.

Which is what any company, if they want to stay in business, would do. I think you will find all listed Companies want the best value to help profits and pay shareholders.

Not sure why Carnival Group/Princess would be any different. If they can save a few million on ship design, then thats a few million they do not need to cut from somewhere else.

SwissDave - Well said! I was about to reply to the same comment and saw your reply. So many people seem to overlook/ignore the fact that Princess is a company answerable to stockholders (I am not one but I know many people on this Board are).

Please not a Royal/Regal clone!

Keeping my fingers crossed that never happens. Two Princess Edsels are enough.....:):)

Bob

That is really not a fair comparison Bob. :) People stopped buying Edsels and the car was discontinued. People are still cruising the Royal and Regal. And if we are to believe the CC reviews as gospel, Regal currently has a 100% approval rating by CC members reviews. It is the only ship that does!! :p ;) runforhills-1.gif

Edited by Mom33

And if we are to believe the CC reviews as gospel, Regal currently has a 100% approval rating by CC members reviews. It is the only ship that does!! :p ;) runforhills-1.gif

The ship has been sailing for 3 weeks and the flash prices on this ship are currently unbelievable as they are trying to fill it. Heck, they had really cheap prices on this ship starting with the 2nd sailing (if not sooner). I think it is too early to say that it is an overwhelming success.

That is really not a fair comparison Bob. :) People stopped buying Edsels and the car was discontinued. People are still cruising the Royal and Regal. And if we are to believe the CC reviews as gospel, Regal currently has a 100% approval rating by CC members reviews. It is the only ship that does!! :p ;) runforhills-1.gif

LOL. You mean 100% of the whole 2 people that have written a review? That's funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Please not a Royal/Regal clone!

/COLOR]

Is it just us or there other people who found the SeaWalk not that exciting, & the light & water show beyond boring?

***the color feature is not working for me today***

Edited by skf

The ship has been sailing for 3 weeks and the flash prices on this ship are currently unbelievable as they are trying to fill it. Heck, they had really cheap prices on this ship starting with the 2nd sailing (if not sooner). I think it is too early to say that it is an overwhelming success.

For whatever reasons, the two RCCL Displacement of the Seas ships still command premium pricing and these are now 4.5 and 3.5 years old.

LOL. You mean 100% of the whole 2 people that have written a review? That's funny

Hee hee... :D

But back on the topic at hand, the article says the ship will hold 3600 so I think that would rule out a smaller, Venice sized ship. It's also interesting that they aren't using the Royal/Regal platform for this new proposed ship. You would think if it was so successful that they'd re-use it instead of designing new.

It appears you missed my attempt at humor.;)

Hi All

Expect we will see more of the likes of Princess and P&O deals sharing a design

But with internal structure different and only minor superstructure changes.

Ruby to Ventura

Royal to Britannia

Yours Shogun

That's the most cost-effective way & something that's been done for awhile. I wonder how many people realize that the smaller ships on Princess and Oceania are the same former Renaissance cruise ships. Even identical ships can have a different experience depending upon how they finish the interior and the service provided.