El Cheapo Cruises Thread

3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

I gave up using TA's when I was given the run around and not a full refund. I now deal direct with the cruise lines.

I use TAs for the 8--10% discount given by them on the basic fare.

This is relevant for those who want to save money on the El Cheapo cruises thread.

Edited by drsel

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Seems our borders may be opening soon for international visitors but likely too late for 21/22 cruise season.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/next-steps-reopen-world

Thanks, please keep us updated about which nationalities are allowed to enter Australia and when.

Although Princess has cancelled some Australia Cruises upto March 2022 their parent company Carnival has not.

Edited by drsel

On 10/2/2021 at 8:45 AM, lyndarra said:

Seems our borders may be opening soon for international visitors but likely too late for 21/22 cruise season.

https://www.pm.gov.au/media/next-steps-reopen-world

The current plan (which is still very vague) only covers Australian citizens and residents.  There's no mention of when others will be allowed to travel to Australia. 

As you say, too late for the 21/22 cruise season for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Carnival is having a 48 hour sale. If only we knew that the ships were coming and the borders don't slam shut.😕

image.png.1cd1dea931f0cc350bdf08d7ccda68c9.png

The above are only 2 day (or two nights? party cruises?  I would not call them a bargain, expensive in my view, to be fair.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

The above are only 2 day (or two nights? party cruises?  I would not call them a bargain, expensive in my view, to be fair.

Nar, it's an 8 day cruise that goes north. Includes the anchor drop at Willis Island to get the duty free.😁

• 1 month later...

I have booked a cruise on P and O in April.   The final payment is not due until January and we should know by then if cruising will start in Australia.   Had another one booked previously and got my deposit back within a couple of weeks so confident that I will get the deposit back quickly.

not that P and O is my favourite line but a cruise is a cruise !

have to say i also have a cruise booked  with NCL around Japan on the same date but final payment is not now due until March.   Somehow don’t think that cruise will go ahead.  They have cancelled their previous two cruises in Asia.  Decision time in January.

eileen

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Carnival is having a sale. If only we knew if cruising was returning by May.🤔

Non refundable deposits (even if they're small) don't really work for cruises that are so uncertain.

Royal Caribbean have some really cheap sailings for 2023 advertised in the Brisbane edition of the Sunday Mail today.

March 2023 13 nights New Zealand from $1779,, already have one booked and almost paid for with credits with Princess or I would go for that one.

Cheers Carole

• Like 1

I am finding the p@o flash sale perplexing..

Early Dec pack and go was 4 night s to Morton Island ex Sydney balcony for $499,

A good price and similar to 2 years ago sale .

But now a boxing Day sale has same cruise for $429 balcony. I happily paid $550 for a Jan Morton Island that was cancelled, that was also flash sale

And I booked a 10 night to Qld in early December, now same cruise has balcony for $10 more than the price I paid for window,$1020 

P@o are dropping price s in sales,I keep booking, the sale price gets cheaper,I hope all is going well for carnival???!!!

30 minutes ago, challis said:

I am finding the p@o flash sale perplexing..

For those low fares P&O want a pretty good chunk of the cost as deposit. I'm not willing to put down cash at the moment. Things are too uncertain.

I have a cruise booked on $1 deposit pp, but if there isn't a green light for cruising when deposit time comes around, P&O can keep my $2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

For those low fares P&O want a pretty good chunk of the cost as deposit. I'm not willing to put down cash at the moment. Things are too uncertain.

I have a cruise booked on $1 deposit pp, but if there isn't a green light for cruising when deposit time comes around, P&O can keep my $2.

And thousands of people do that so a nice little earner for P&O $$$$$

Cheers Carole 

• Haha 1

I have also booked my first P&O cruise (usually Ovation or Celebrity Solstice).  Booked through online travel agent.....Sydney to Morton Island Qld and back to Sydney,  departing 15.9.2022.  Deposit of $1 each passenger, but also received $100 OBC + Drinks Package and Wi-Fi for both passengers.  At this point in time I am not at all sure that ships will be cruising in Australian waters, but I have my fingers crossed it will happen.

Otherwise, I will also have to cancel and lose my $2 !!!

PS: If I had opted to pay a much heftier deposit the actual cruise cost would have been <$300 less.  But I felt more comfortable parting with only $2.

Have 5x b2b on Royal starting Nov 16 , just booked a Carnival Spirit 7night Brisbane, Airlie Beach, Cairns, Port Douglas and cruising Willis Island. $1096 solo is guarantee 29 May 2022 . Have I lost my mind? Or is this just from cruise withdrawal 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2