El Cheapo Cruises Thread

P@o flash sale on now...

But the flash sale rooms are to be payable in FULL on booking...

3 week s ago paid 50% deposit to secure the cheapest price...

Fascinating....

Maybe  p@o confident cruises are starting!!!!

1 hour ago, challis said:

P@o flash sale on now...

Fascinating....

Doubt it. 

2 hours ago, challis said:

P@o flash sale on now...

Fascinating....

Thanks for the heads-up on the P&O flash sale. We booked a cabin and only had to pay the deposit, not the full price. On a 7-night cruise to Vila (the Island Hopper), a balcony cabin cost $699pp. On a total fare of $1,398 we paid $493 deposit. A balcony cabin at $100 pn pp is a good price. I hope cruising is under way by then.🙂

For those who think affordable cruises may not return, the following cruise is on offer from a US TA.

$1179 US Balcony stateroom on 10 nights on Royal Princess, round trip from vancouver BC 

Pacific Coast and California cruise 8-18.4.22.  Includes gratuities, wifi and Premier Beverage Package open bar, plus one dinner in specialty restaurant. 

We can dream!

Good morning all 🙂  I may be the last one to have found this out and apologies if it's been mentioned on another thread.  I'm still quite curious/cautious about the resumption of cruising, so in December I booked a little cruise to nowhere out of Sydney on the Majestic for April 2023 and was allowed to use my FCC for my own booking, but hubby's fare had to be paid for (not allowed to use the FCC that was in my name for his booking).  I went back online the other day and discovered the current '3 for Free' promo was available on my cruise so I rang.  Long story short ... from 1 January 2022, any FCC a cruiser has can be used towards the entire fare, not just for the portion of the booking that is in their own name.  In addition, the premier drinks package is now available for cruises under 5 nights.  I cancelled the original booking, rebooked in a full suite with drinks package, wi-fi and dinner voucher AND the whole thing was paid with my FCC.  Worth it in my books!  Stay safe out there 🙂 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

For those who think affordable cruises may not return, the following cruise is on offer from a US TA.

$1179 US Balcony stateroom on 10 nights on Royal Princess, round trip from vancouver BC 

Pacific Coast and California cruise 8-18.4.22.  Includes gratuities, wifi and Premier Beverage Package open bar, plus one dinner in specialty restaurant. 

We can dream!

The prices advertised in the US don't usually include fees and taxes. It is possible that the $1,179 quoted isn't the full price.

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The prices advertised in the US don't usually include fees and taxes. It is possible that the $1,179 quoted isn't the full price.

AU$1830 inc taxes on Princess site, much the same as the TA whose price is probably in US dollars and excludes taxes.

A good price anyhow.

Edited by NSWP

7 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

We can dream!

Get a cheap return airfare from Sydney to Vancouver on Air Canada and away you go.

On 1/13/2022 at 8:11 AM, Aus Traveller said:

Fees and taxes aren't usually a big part of the overall cost.

What makes this a deal is the extras -  included gratuities, premier beverage package open bar, wifi plus a dinner in a speciality restaurant.  

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Fees and taxes aren't usually a big part of the overall cost.

What makes this a deal is the extras -  included gratuities, premier beverage package open bar, wifi plus a dinner in a speciality restaurant.  

Agreed. Gratuities and the premier beverage package are big inclusions.

• 1 month later...

I just booked a Carnival cruise for January  next year. 11 nights to South Pacific, $800 total for a balcony that I chose.  That's not per person, that's total. Something is whacked  with their prices. There were other cruises that were/are similarly priced sailing to various destinations. But when I thought I'd try and book a second cruise at those prices, going through the booking process, those rates went missing.

I just had to pay in full at the time of booking 

Edited by plettza
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, plettza said:

I just booked a Carnival cruise for January  next year. 11 nights to South Pacific, $800 total for a balcony that I chose.  That's not per person, that's total. Something is whacked  with their prices. There were other cruises that were/are similarly priced sailing to various destinations. But when I thought I'd try and book a second cruise at those prices, going through the booking process, those rates went missing.

I just had to pay in full at the time of booking 

What ship please???????

38 minutes ago, portcbob said:

What ship please???????

Splendor ex Sydney.

Checking the site again, those prices are no longer there at all. I must've jagged a flash sail. It was under their Pack ''n' Sail deal.

Edited by plettza

3 hours ago, plettza said:

Splendor ex Sydney.

Checking the site again, those prices are no longer there at all. I must've jagged a flash sail. It was under their Pack ''n' Sail deal.

It also could have been an error. I have heard of that happening. When it did, the cruiseline honoured it. Enjoy your super-special cruise.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

It also could have been an error. I have heard of that happening. When it did, the cruiseline honoured it. Enjoy your super-special cruise.

It was a strange occurrence. When i opened an I Private browser window and my partner logged in with her VIFP number, none of those deals appeared. Nada. 

I gather it was just be related to my VIFP number somehow. 

And to confirm, I didn't sneak off the US site. These deals were in AUD and included port fees, taxes, etc. 

The offer had a rate code but I didn't get a screen shot of that. I probably should've taken more screen shots to back up my side of events. 

Edited by plettza

• 2 weeks later...

I think once the go ahead is given prices will rise as people will start booking. We've booked a cruise in Nov on Princess (using our free cruise credits). Just 7 nights. It's gone up $260pp since we booked 3 months ago.  

Now that we have been given the GREEN light. Time to start posting those baragins. I have seen lots of emails come through from cruise agents yesterday about cruising starting up again and I got a notification about PO flash sale. 

So anyone one come across any real baragins. 

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

No real definite bargains as yet and an waiting on P&O to put out their revised cruise itineraries 

Hi Mic, I booked on Tuesday on one of their new cruises out of Sydney on the Explorer so some of their  early revised itineraries are out.

Thought that I'd jump in and get one of those big mini suites on the Explorer.

There are also new things that you get with some of the room categories as well so worth checking out what you get with each room before you book.

I booked Adventure to the Barrier Reef ages ago and it has been changed to Explorer - it's a cruise so I am going, and it is cheap.   

Princess cruises are not cheap for the next year but I did get a FCC as compensation for not going on Melb/Singapore on Majestic when we were able to cancel the night before boarding due to the Pandemic.   I have regretted not going at least Melb/Perth.  At the time we thought the pandemic would only last about 6-12 months.

My last cruise was on the Emerald November/December 2019.  

We are looking forward to boarding Pacific Explorer.

If you have cruised with Carnival, keep an eye on your emails, I got an offer like @plettza and can book a cabin for a 10 nighter out of Sydney  for 320 pp, ocean view. It is for certain cruises, can only be used once and only for 2 people but is an amazing deal. There is also a 9 night NZ offering in November this year for under 300 pp, inside cabin.

5 minutes ago, LincolnLegend said:

If you have cruised with Carnival, keep an eye on your emails, I got an offer like @plettza and can book a cabin for a 10 nighter out of Sydney  for 320 pp, ocean view. It is for certain cruises, can only be used once and only for 2 people but is an amazing deal. There is also a 9 night NZ offering in November this year for under 300 pp, inside cabin.

Could those great prices be because not as many passengers are willing to cruise inside after covid?  I would expect balcony cabins would be in higher demand than previously.  

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Could those great prices be because not as many passengers are willing to cruise inside after covid?  I would expect balcony cabins would be in higher demand than previously.  

I'm honestly not sure, on some there are balcony cabins available very cheap and some are only inside or ocean view, maybe they are just trying to fill up the ships before they get here.