Royal Caribbean Are You Listening?

ReneeFLL

We are on Vision of the Seas. I would like to know who makes the decision about the safes in the rooms? We are in a jr. suite and the safe is so small you can't even get an ipad in it. :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: What are we supposed to do with our valuables? I hope everyone who has access to our room is very trustworthy. Someone really dropped the ball on this one. They should be in one of these rooms with their valuables. I am sure they wouldn't like it either. When will this be fixed?

Who else is upset with the size of the safes? Do the larger suites have larger safes? Lets let RC know this is unacceptable.

Renee

Vision of the Seas launched 1997. Ipad launched 2010.

How dare Apple design a device that doesn't fit into Vision's safes. What was Steve Jobs thinking?

Apple are you listening?

:rolleyes:

Instead of posting here with the title "Royal Caribbean Are You Listening?", why not contact Royal Caribbean directly?

FWIW, the size of the safe has never been a problem for us.

Perhaps the OP contacted them after last year's vision cruise, or left it on a comment card.

We are on Vision of the Seas. I would like to know who makes the decision about the safes in the rooms? We are in a jr. suite and the safe is so small you can't even get an ipad in it. :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: What are we supposed to do with our valuables? I hope everyone who has access to our room is very trustworthy. Someone really dropped the ball on this one. They should be in one of these rooms with their valuables. I am sure they wouldn't like it either. When will this be fixed?

Who else is upset with the size of the safes? Do the larger suites have larger safes? Lets let RC know this is unacceptable.

Renee

I can remember when you didn't have a safe. I think the lower decks of MJ still doesn't have them.

OP - some cabins, or even land hotel rooms, don't have safes. In that case - just put the items in a suitcase and lock the suitcase. Voila - instant safe.

I am not sure how posting on CC will solve the problem. Good luck for an uneventful cruise

M

Yep, if something does not fit in the provided safe or a room does not have one, make your own out of your suitcase. Easy peasy :D.

When we were on Vision in August we placed our tablets on top of the safe and closed the cabinet door. Quite often we left the room with one of the phones on a charger. No problems at all. I think the room stewards know better, they would be the first to have a finger pointed at them if something went missing. Of course if there is a way to put it out of sight, that is always best.

Renee

Do you realize you just publically advertised that you have valuables in your Jr suite that you can't lock up !!!

I would have waited until you came home to air your complaint!

Edited by vacation_junkie

Those safes were not designed to hold Ipads, Notebooks, Laptops and stuff that people seem to need on board these days.

They are designed to hold jewelry, Passports, wallets, cash etc and so forth.

If the size of the safe is your only complaint, Id say you are having a pretty good cruise :)

^^This. :)

By the way, I just boarded the Enchantment. My cabin is in the NEW section, and my cabin has a safe that has the SWIPE WITH A MAGNETIC STRIP CARD, not the numerical keypad.

Oh the horror!!!!! :eek:

I can only hope for your sake that it is not one of the green ones!! :eek:

Please try to enjoy your cruise anyway! :D

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Renee

Did you ever consider the fact that the Vision of the Seas was built before Ipads were invented?

Renee

Upset? No. Slightly annoyed? Yes.

I have a tablet (Motorola Xoom) that I've taken on the Navigator, Oasis, Adventure, and Liberty.

Each time it has fit (just barely) into the safe.

I like to load a variety of e-books on it before a trip, then I can read based on my mood.

As they put ships through dry dock this is something I do think they're overlooking.

Keep in mind that RCL is catering toward people bringing electronic devices onboard.

Ships come out of dry dock now with pervasive wifi, and just look at what they're doing with Smart Connect now on the Quantum!

It's probably safe enough in your room, especially if you hide it in your suitcase or a cabinet.

But I don't want to be that person standing at the guest services desk asking who was in my room because my computer is missing.

(I'd gladly give up a big chunk of that closet space in a Jr Suite for a larger safe.)

Edited by ewenix