Canadian cruisers!!

Did you book online or through Royal? Hopefully that isn't an error in the pricing. When the Transatlantics were released there was some funky pricing the first day. For example when I priced the Serenade TA for solo it halved the price rather than doubling it. I'm wondering if I had booked it would Royal have let me keep that price (just over $2000 CAD for an inside) or made me pay the actual (around $3900 CAD)?

I called twice - late last night and this morning - and the pricing is accurate. I booked my first B2B in a Junior suite and will probably end up cancelling my Feb cruise.

Did you book online or through Royal? Hopefully that isn't an error in the pricing. When the Transatlantics were released there was some funky pricing the first day. For example when I priced the Serenade TA for solo it halved the price rather than doubling it. I'm wondering if I had booked it would Royal have let me keep that price (just over $2000 CAD for an inside) or made me pay the actual (around $3900 CAD)?

I booked it on Royal website,logged in and got $125 C+A discount also. Reduced deposit of $265!

$2000 CAD is actually expensive for a solo TA. I am paying $1235 solo for a TA in May on the Independence (and $75 OBC).

This was booked several months ago so not last minute pricing. Now after final payment it has dropped more.

The new prices for TAs are not cheap and no deals so not booking this far ahead.

Some of the 2018 Caribbean cruises have been released. Just booked a southern on the Adventure in a Jr Suite. It was less than a balcony!

After reading your thread, I booked Jan 2018 Adventure Jr Suite. It was lower than a balcony.

I later tried to change the date and it now shows no Jr Suites available for many of the cruises, I was looking at. Deluxe and Superior balcony now show the same price.

I am wondering, if they found out their error in pricing the Jr Suite when they were loading the sailing.

Wondering if they will come back to say, they made a mistake with the prices or will they honour the price we booked at?

First time, booking online myself. I received an email saying I made a deposit.

Shouldn't I also receive a detailed email? Or do they wait until credit card has been charged?

After reading your thread, I booked Jan 2018 Adventure Jr Suite. It was lower than a balcony.

I later tried to change the date and it now shows no Jr Suites available for many of the cruises, I was looking at. Deluxe and Superior balcony now show the same price.

I am wondering, if they found out their error in pricing the Jr Suite when they were loading the sailing.

Wondering if they will come back to say, they made a mistake with the prices or will they honour the price we booked at?

Shouldn't I also receive a detailed email? Or do they wait until credit card has been charged?

When you book online they don't seem to send an invoice. I had to phone and request mine which they sent while I was on the phone. Might be a long wait to talk to someone though.

They are all sold out...

I had one ready to book, went to lunch and came back its gone. I called and all sold out...every cat of suites sold out that they had the deals on from Nov-Jan...

Snooze you lose and I lost...so disappointed.

Really wanted the Junior suite...for that price and C&A Points as well... :(

I have never been in a JR Suite.

What is the difference between balcony vs Jr Suite?

From what I can see, Junior suites have a slightly bigger balcony and a true sitting area and a bigger washroom with a bathtub.

I also tried to change the date on my sailings and no such luck. I book both of mines over the phone and have confirmations so I hope they are good.

Edited by Virtopia

I called and they send me my invoices.

I saved over $700 booking a Jr Suite this morning.

This afternoon no Jr Suites were available, now they are showing probably the correct price.

For anybody interested.

For the Toronto School Board - Pending Board of Education Approval.

school year calendar 2016-2017

Christmas Break - Dec 26/16 to Jan 6/17 (inclusive). Last day of school is Dec 23/16. School resumes Jan 9/17

March break - 'March 13 to 17, 2017

For anybody interested.

Christmas Break - Dec 26/16 to Jan 6/17 (inclusive). Last day of school is Dec 23/16. School resumes Jan 9/17

Our Board (Durham) has submitted the same dates. Makes you wonder why the Ministry puts out their preferred schedule 4 years in advance only to have the local boards change it. I'm going to lose out on a great deal on the Freedom for Christmas this year. I don't know why the Biards wait until the last minute to finalize their schedules. Surely this could be done a year ahead of time.

For anybody interested.

Than you for this. I've checked my kids school website but it doesn't list it. We are York central but I assume the breaks are the same.

Our Board (Durham) has submitted the same dates. Makes you wonder why the Ministry puts out their preferred schedule 4 years in advance only to have the local boards change it. I'm going to lose out on a great deal on the Freedom for Christmas this year. I don't know why the Biards wait until the last minute to finalize their schedules. Surely this could be done a year ahead of time.

Ken, I'm actually in Durham too. Curious if you've ever used Classique to get to the airport. Considering them for my Sept cruise and it's $82 one way.

Ken, I'm actually in Durham too. Curious if you've ever used Classique to get to the airport. Considering them for my Sept cruise and it's $82 one way.

We've never flown but my Mom has used them. They were reliable but I would agree with Duke that it's most likely cheaper to drive and pay to park or you could schlep all your luggage on the subway and then take the UP Express to Pearson.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info! I heard that UP is decreasing prices to $9 with a presto card as of tomorrow so I will probably end up doing that as I live close to a GO train station or using Aeroplan points to get a airport hotel the night before. I had a nightmare that I used an airport car service and there was an accident on the highway, which caused me to miss my flight!!

Edited by Virtopia

I was bored tonight and logged into my reservation even though I'm cruising until the end of August.

I checked drink package prices. They've dropped! Significantly! Last time I looked at the Premium package, it was over 80 per day plus 18% CAD.

Tonight- 67$ CAD plus 18%!!!

I was bored tonight and logged into my reservation even though I'm cruising until the end of August.

I checked drink package prices. They've dropped! Significantly! Last time I looked at the Premium package, it was over 80 per day plus 18% CAD.

Looks like it's dropped from 1.5 to 1.4. Still cheaper to buy it onboard. But heading in the right direction

How is it cheaper to buy it on board?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Because onboard you pay in US$ and let your credit card do the conversion or pay US cash. I could have bought US today at 1.336. 2 drink packages on a 14 day cruise I need all the savings I can get :)

I printed them out a few months ago and the premium package was $77 cnd. which included the gratuity. there prices have been jumping around though.

Edited by tinkertwo

I printed them out a few months ago and the premium package was $77 cnd. which included the gratuity. there prices have been jumping around though.

I booked it tonight. I'll keep my eyes peeled. I have until Aug 21st to cancel. We can hope but there is no certainty where the Canadian Dollar will end up.

At least this is a significant drop for their online prices.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk