Can I buy someone else a drink with my diamond drink vouchers?

I know I can buy a drink a one bar then buy another at a different bar but can I sit at one bar & buy two drinks one for myself & one for a friend at the same time & use my free drinks ? Thanks

Hey Hey, can I buy someone a free drink???? It would be so special and save us all SOOOO much money???!!!???

I haven't seen any rules on the process, but I'd guess if they give you three free drinks you can do with them as you please. They don't monitor who plays your bingo card, or uses your internet, or laundry, and they let others stay in the cabin where you get a discount. I'd think it would work like any other coupons. Non-diamonds would not likely be welcome in the lounge for unlimited drinks. I don't know any of this for sure. Sometimes their rules aren't logical.

Yes I believe so. I sailed with DH and our adult DS last Sept on Oasis and we all had the 3 drink vouchers on our cards. Often we would order 3 drinks in a bar just using one card as it seemed easier to do. No one ever questioned us if we were all diamond.

Julie

I know I can buy a drink a one bar then buy another at a different bar but can I sit at one bar & buy two drinks one for myself & one for a friend at the same time & use my free drinks ? Thanks

Find a good bartender and grease the skids with a little bit of cash, and you'd be surprised what you can accomplish with those vouchers. ;)

I know when the vouchers first came out, someone somewhere told me you had to wait 15 minutes between the vouchers but in my experience, that rule was never implemented....if in fact it was ever even a rule. Either way, I think it'll just depend on the bartender on whether or not he'll let you use the voucher for a non Diamond member.

Edited by Aquahound

Find a good bartender and grease the skids with a little bit of cash, and you'd be surprised what you can accomplish with those vouchers. ;)

I know when the vouchers first came out, someone somewhere told me you had to wait 15 minutes between the vouchers but in my experience, that rule was never implemented....if in fact it was ever even a rule. Either way, I think it'll just depend on the bartender.

Just off Allure, I would get two beers at the same time, and take them back to the cabin, every day, no problem. The bill you would get would "zero out", and you signed it. No gratuity. I felt that was unfair, and added a grat before I signed it.

no you may not. if the person is not entitled in their own right to have access to the Diamond Lounge they ARE NOT ENTITLE TO BENEFIT from the voucher system. furthermore it is usually ONE drink at a time. you may not pick up 2 unless you have 2 cards that each have the vouchers loaded.

no you may not. if the person is not entitled in their own right to have access to the Diamond Lounge they ARE NOT ENTITLE TO BENEFIT from the voucher system. furthermore it is usually ONE drink at a time. you may not pick up 2 unless you have 2 cards that each have the vouchers loaded.

While you are correct that it is supposed to be 1 at a time, I see nothing on this in room information sheet to indicate that sharing of the voucher is not allowed.

503DiamondDrinks.jpg

So you know this from experience? I didn't know for sure and just assumed there like other coupons. I couldn't find anything specific on RCI's website, just that they were loaded on the card. I assumed if they give you three free "anythings" with no stipulations about it you are free to do with the three free "anythings" that you'd like.

I know that things are different in the DL and there you can basically drink all you want. I could imagine it being more regulated if they gave you unlimited drinks in any bar. My guess is they made it three drinks to help it self limit, but I didn't see any restrictions on what people do with the three drinks.

Tom

Edited by tserface

Since the vouchers are not honored in the restaurants, I have often gotten two glasses of wine to carry into dinner with me.

Not one bartender has ever blinked at my request.

Now there's something that I hadn't considered! Nice idea!

Obviously the second part of your post is not true, based on the experience of several posters here. As for the first part, its still the Diamond Member who is BENEFITTING from the voucher. I'm buying them a drink either way - it is either going to be charged to my account or given free for one of my vouchers. I'm getting the benefit, and I don't see any issue at all with this.

I am on the Oasis right now and my husband and I both have three drinks on our cards as Diamond members each day. We have no trouble ordering two glasses of wine on one card. The waiters said nothing and brought us the wine. It does not say you can only order one.

Edited by KansasK

I have gotten a drink for myself and one for my husband just using my card.

Sometimes the bartenders will just swipe one card for both of our drinks when we are at the bar as well.

When you have a "voucher" for a specific number of drinks, you certainly can do whatever you wish with those drinks....

You can't give away drinks from a drink package, tho.....those are for you and you alone!

Pfffff!! What would we do without the self-appointed bar police and dining room police???? :rolleyes: Don't tell anyone, but last summer, during the heat and humidity of an August noon day sun in Pensacola, I once gave my VIP speedboat race tickets to a couple, the wife of whom appeared to be about 12 months pregnant, so she would be able to sit in a shaded area, enjoy a few free refreshments and food (and yes comped beer/wine/liquor for the hubs). I know they weren't ENTITLED, but I wasn't using them and I wanted to do ....so what??? :cool:

Pfffff!! What would we do without the self-appointed bar police and dining room police???? :rolleyes: Don't tell anyone, but last summer, during the heat and humidity of an August noon day sun in Pensacola, I once gave my VIP speedboat race tickets to a couple, the wife of whom appeared to be about 12 months pregnant, so she would be able to sit in a shaded area, enjoy a few free refreshments and food (and yes comped beer/wine/liquor for the hubs). I know they weren't ENTITLED, but I wasn't using them and I wanted to do ....so what??? :cool:

Shame on you, the race ticket police are going to hunt you down, they won't stop until they find you and it won't be pretty. :p:D

Amazing, isn't it, how certain people post something so definitive and many times it is wrong?

thanks for all your responses most of them were very helpful I guess I will try because I only drink one drink before dinner & my cabin mate is not diamond thank you all (well maybe not all of you ) for your response Bill