Facets - Watches

racj846

Numerous web searches have proved fruitless, hence the question here.

Is there any way to determine the brands and models of watches typically available in the Facets stores on board.

Numerous web searches have proved fruitless, hence the question here.

Is there any way to determine the brands and models of watches typically available in the Facets stores on board.

Pretty much only from someone who has noted which ones when onboard.

No other place that I know of.

I can't say what is currently on-board, but my husband got a great price on a particular Citizen watch he had been wanting a couple of years ago. I don't think it is true that the products on-board are necessarily a poor deal. Just make sure you know what you would pay on land for the product you want, then go in with that information.

I can't say what is currently on-board, but my husband got a great price on a particular Citizen watch he had been wanting a couple of years ago. I don't think it is true that the products on-board are necessarily a poor deal. Just make sure you know what you would pay on land for the product you want, then go in with that information.

Even have a look when you are in Port.

Now that Effy is running the jewelry shops, any past information no longer applies...

For those comparing prices on watches, one important thing to find out is if the seller is an authorized dealer for the brand(s) you are considering. If not, you are likely buying "grey market" goods and may not get the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty. If they are not an AD, prices should be somewhat less than from sellers that are ADs. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples :).

Recently returned from Caribbean Princess and the watch brands onboard to memory are-

Rolex

Hublot

Omega

Tag Heuer

Gucci

Raymond Weil

Citizen

Movado

I hope they don't have that range when I'm on in Australia.

Just not enough money.

I bought my Eco Drive while we were in the Caribbean. I priced them out in Thomas and St. Maartin. The prices were similar but, with the 10% up front discount plus the elite 10, it was a better deal on board. DH bought a Fossil on our last cruise and our jeweler couldn't believe the deal he got. So, I have full confidence with the value on board. JMHO

I bought my Eco Drive while we were in the Caribbean. I priced them out in Thomas and St. Maartin. The prices were similar but, with the 10% up front discount plus the elite 10, it was a better deal on board. DH bought a Fossil on our last cruise and our jeweler couldn't believe the deal he got. So, I have full confidence with the value on board. JMHO

Google blue dial watches and check out the prices. 10% off Citizen watches is peanuts.,

Edited by jacketwatch

I priced Philip Stein watches in St. Martin and St. Thomas and the price on the Regal Princess including discounts described by posters above was less, plus I got discount on an additional watch band. Love the watch.

I like the watch bands, but find they don't last. But I found a wonderful site to buy substitutes: clockworksynergy.com. Good prices and wonderful colors. EM

I got a beautiful Michael Kors watch on Royal Princess in April. Or, was it on Regal in December?? Well, it was one of the two! :o. With the two discounts mentioned in earlier posts, it beat the ones in port!

Happy Shopping!!

They are way overpriced.

I got a Citizen watch that was priced lower than any store I have found on the islands (Caribbean). Plus the additional Elite discount... I think the prices are extremely fair. I have bought three watches on the Princess ships.

6 years ago I wore my work watch, a Timex, on our cruise. My thinking was if something happened to it I would not cause my any undo concern. And, I just wanted a watch that would keep me from missing anything with a scheduled time.

So, first day out the battery died. So, I head off to the ship shops to purchase a new battery. Find the shop with watches and request a battery.

At that Point I am told they do not carry batteries for watches. As I am receiving this good news a lady walks up and hears the input. She stated she also needed a battery.

At that point I go to plan B which was to purchase a watch. I rolled right on past the Rolex watches down to the cheap end of the counter. I found a nice Citizen Eco Drive that I liked and made the purchase.

Back in the cabin the wife started to laugh when she asked how much did I save with my cruising watch plan?

Now for the funny part of my story. If you are still reading, read on.

5 days later I was walking past the sale tables set up in the hallway, everyone knows about them right, and I see a bunch of $10.00 watches "On Sale". I see one that I like and purchase it. Then when I am back in the cabin I put the Citizen watch into the safe.

Bob