Transport from Port Everglades to Ft. Lauderdale airport

prettyblue2

Upon disembarking we will need transportation back to the Fort Lauderdale airport for an 11:45 am flight. We will do self assist for our luggage to get off the ship as early as possible. Shall we prearrange transportation as described on Holland America's website for $30 (is this per person or for 2) or shall we just get a cab when we get off the ship?What is the cab fare from the port to the airport? I have read that some find it more of a hassle to find their prearranged transportation. Thanks.

Forget the HAL shuttle, just get a cab. With the HAL transportation, you will be sitting on the bus waiting for it to fill up - not an option when you have a fairly early flight. The cab will also run you cheaper (it's very close from Port Everglades to FLL).

Take a taxi which will be under $20 total. I always take an 11:45 flight and by doing early walk off I am usually at the airport and through security by 7:30 or 8:00.

Since your flight is after 11:30 I would use the Luggage Valet program for $20 that the ship offers. That way you will not have to stand in line to check your bag at the airport and you will get your boarding passes the night before you disembark.

Edited by nat9511

Take a taxi which will be under $20 total. I always take an 11:45 flight and by doing early walk off I am usually at the airport and through security by 7:30 or 8:00.

Since your flight is after 11:30 I would use the Luggage Valet program for $20 that the ship offers. That way you will not have to stand in line to check your bag at the airport and you will get your boarding passes the night before you disembark.

Thanks for this information. So, if we carry our own luggage is there a place on the ship that we can check in for our flight? We have already bought the airline tickets and picked our seats but we will need to get our boarding passes.

Thanks.

Thanks for this information. So, if we carry our own luggage is there a place on the ship that we can check in for our flight? We have already bought the airline tickets and picked our seats but we will need to get our boarding passes.

Thanks.

Using the Luggage Express service gets you your boarding passes. Otherwise you need to have or acquire internet minutes on board to obtain and print your boarding passes.

That would be airline specific, right? United will.

Might be in the USA

Here we can use the kiosk for different airlines

Will have to have a look on arrival so I can make other arrangements if they are airline specific there

Edited by LHT28

Might be in the USA

Here we can use the kiosk for different airlines

Will have to have a look on arrival so I can make other arrangements if they are airline specific there

I haven't seen multi-airline kiosks, but I am pretty loyal to United. United's kiosks are not multi-airline.

Thanks Nat9511,

We will use this luggage valet service. I called HAL and they said to sign up for it once onboard. It is a much needed service for us. and since our flight is at 11:45 am day of disembarkation, it will save us the time and expense of printing boarding passes on the internet the evening before. Your suggestion is an excellent one. Thanks again!!!

Check about the time for your flight because when we were on Eurodam, we were told that your flight had to be after 12 noon to participate. Since ours was at 11:40, they would not allow us to use this program.

Thanks for your response. Our flight was changed to 11:30 am. I called Holland America and inquired about the flight policy for the Luggage Direct service. They told me the earliest flight that could use this service is 1 pm. They also said I could check once on board the ship to see if they could possible accommodate my request.

Thanks for your response. Our flight was changed to 11:30 am. I called Holland America and inquired about the flight policy for the Luggage Direct service. They told me the earliest flight that could use this service is 1 pm. They also said I could check once on board the ship to see if they could possible accommodate my request.

If you have an early flight just pick up your bags in the terminal & grab a taxi

it is not that difficult unless you have several bags but then there are porters with carts that will take them to the curb for you

Edited by LHT28

If you have an early flight just pick up your bags in the terminal & grab a taxi

it is not that difficult unless you have several bags but then there are porters with carts that will take them to the curb for you

Thanks for the reassurance. We will each have just one bag and I will carry a small backpack with my necessities and purse. Then on to the taxi. I would think that since we will be doing self assist we will have no problem getting off the ship early enough.

Upon disembarking we will need transportation back to the Fort Lauderdale airport for an 11:45 am flight. We will do self assist for our luggage to get off the ship as early as possible. Shall we prearrange transportation as described on Holland America's website for $30 (is this per person or for 2) or shall we just get a cab when we get off the ship?What is the cab fare from the port to the airport? I have read that some find it more of a hassle to find their prearranged transportation. Thanks.

That price is per person.