Put single or married on Royal Carribean check in?

Tylerdw88

Good morning!

My fiancé and I will be cruising in October. When we do, we'll be married. On the online check in it asks "single or married". Should we put single (like we are now) or married (like we'll be when we cruise). Our passports that we are using don't say single or married I noticed. So does it matter?

Thanks for any help!

I would say the single or married thing does not matter at all, but maybe put married since you will be then? But pp is right, what does matter is that you need to book your cruise using the name that is on your passport. It can take a while to get it updated (if you are changing your name) so just book everything in that name and get a new passport when you get back. Or even just use your maiden name passport until it expires then update, but book all international travel under the exact name on your passport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marital status may matter in cases of people under 25.

When filling in information, including age, I put the status at the time of sailing.

You're right. Wouldn't they need a marriage certificate if under age for proof at boarding? We got a religious certificate at our wedding. The government one took a few weeks.

Edited by SadieN

THis needs to be asked on the RCCL.

My gut feeling is to leave it blank it is none of their business, but RCCL may have some age related issues that may make it relevant.

Q: What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy? s.gif A: Royal Caribbean International's minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21). The minimum age to sail unaccompanied on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18).

The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age to sail unaccompanied on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=322&faqSubjectName=Before+You+Purchase+&faqId=309

Good morning!

My fiancé and I will be cruising in October. When we do, we'll be married. On the online check in it asks "single or married". Should we put single (like we are now) or married (like we'll be when we cruise). Our passports that we are using don't say single or married I noticed. So does it matter?

Thanks for any help!

Is "none of your business" one of the option?

can't imagine why it is the cruise line's business whether or not you are married.

I was told that they ask for many reasons... but these two are what I have been told by many different people..:)

1) for future cruise stats and planning

2) for singles / solo travellers so they are aware of how many solo people there are onbaord and possibly (not all cruise lines do this ) will notify you in your cabin of any singles events that may be planned on your cruise.

That is why I enter my status.... I hate to miss out !! :D

Bring a copy of your marriage certificate if you are very young. Some cruise lines require a 25 year old in a cabin if anyone is under 21. The exception is married couples.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and lots of good wishes.

It mathers when you walk through customs, if you are married you can both go together. I'm engaged but I need to go on my own through customs and my fiance need to do the same.

Apperently you can't be a family in the U.S if you aren't married ;)