email survey request

CJcruzer

Just received an email re:HAL survey.

I started and the first question was : did you recently take a cruise which ended in

Auckland?

- I cruised Australia/NZ with HAL 3-1/2 years ago, and have since taken 6 more HAL cruises ....... so I pondered how to answer this, and on the basis of the word "recently" incorporated in the question, I answered NO.

The survey then went to - "thank you for your time" .....

I have never received a HAL survey before that had such "limiting criteria" as this one did. Curious, if anyone else received something similar.

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

Ours asked if we had recently ended a cruise in "San"....yes, "San"! :confused:

I thought maybe it was just a mistake on the first question and would correct after the first one, but it said "San" throughout the survey. :rolleyes:

I assumed it meant San Diego, which is where we ended our last cruise, but really! :rolleyes:

Me too except Hong Kong ending 2/19/12 and 7 HAL cruises since. I also said "no" to recently and got the same result.

Surely the survey must have been sent to somebody who had another HAL cruise ending recently in the same city and answered "yes" thinking they were answering on the basis of the cruise that was really recent. I wonder if the questions are detailed enough and specific enough to the old cruise that the survey would produce strange results.

Roy

I got the email asking about ending in Vancouver. I guessed that it was the Alaska portion of my reposition last year and did answer it.

It too was mostly about booking HAL excursions / hotels / transfers instead of independent.

Mine was for a cruise that ended in Vancouver. It seemed to be asking mostly about shorex and hotels in the port at the beginning or end of the cruise.

(I also got an email the other day from Cunard thanking me for sailing a few weeks ago - which I didn't do! Then a few days later an apology for sending me an incorrect email.... How do they keep track of all these comings and goings?:eek:)

Mine asked if my recent cruise ended in San Diego, it hasn't been a year yet so I went with the last one. Most of our cruises have been RT out of SD.

Did yours say "San Diego" or just "San"?

SAN is the airport code for San Diego. Do you think that's what they meant?

DH says his survey does say San Diego, so mine had to be a typo.

Roz

I got the same survey for Boston. It then went on to ask why I didn't book a hotel. Having Boston as my home port and a short drive booking a hotel with them was not an option. It then went on to ask if I would consider a hotel if it was a perk with early booking. I replied with yes for any port but Boston.

I received it and it asked if I had recently started a cruise in Singapore. I had and answered their questions basically saying that I am not interested in HAL arranging my hotels, etc. pre-cruise. Asked me how much money I earn and I declined to tell them. Then the second part asked me some strange questions about my cruising history in the past two years, like how many days, how many countries visited, and even how much money I had spent. At that point I deleted the survey.

We had the opposite experience. We cruised the Norwegian fjords from July 4 to 11, but didn't return home until July 23, having spent the time touring in the south of France.

When I went to respond to my survey, which was waiting in my in-box, it said it had expired. I contacted guest services, and they said they couldn't re-send it once it had expired. Too bad, as we were complimentarily upgraded to the Pinnacle Suite, and I wanted to thank them!! I did write a letter directly to guest services, doing just that, though.

We had the opposite experience. We cruised the Norwegian fjords from July 4 to 11, but didn't return home until July 23, having spent the time touring in the south of France.

When I went to respond to my survey, which was waiting in my in-box, it said it had expired. I contacted guest services, and they said they couldn't re-send it once it had expired. Too bad, as we were complimentarily upgraded to the Pinnacle Suite, and I wanted to thank them!! I did write a letter directly to guest services, doing just that, though.

this is a different survey from the normal end of cruise survey that everyone gets.

I received the email yesterday asking about our cruise that ended in Seattle....which it did last month. It specifically asked about pre/post hotel packages, and why I didn't book them. I have in the past, but not this time. Their prices were very high, and I let them know. Also asked about travel in the past 2 years, and what kind of vacations we like to take.

I almost got the feeling that HAL wants to do extended resort vacations that include a cruise.

Karen

Well, my previous destination was correct in being Auckland. After taking the survey I sensed that Hal may be looking into offering all inclusive vacations? Transportation, lodging and excursions.

At least on my survey they probably got the idea their prices are to high for travel air, hotels and excursions.

Edited by aliaschief

Well, my previous destination was correct in being Auckland. After taking the survey I sensed that Hal may be looking into offering all inclusive vacations? Transportation, lodging and excursions.

At least on my survey they probably got the idea their prices are to high for travel air, hotels and excursions.

I sent the same message ;)